Let it Snow- Die Hard's End Credits

OzReturner

Sr Member

I love this version of the song. His voice is so deep and rumbly. Considering there are seemingly limitless covers of every Christmas song out there, done by everyone possible, I have never once heard this exact version on any radio station's playlist. Has anyone else heard it on the radio? Is there some legal reason it is confined to Die Hard? Just curious, since I think it is a great version that needs heard more often without having to search for it.

Yeah, I can't figure it out either. This is the best rendition of this song. I guess they just default to the "big three" versions: Crosby, Sinatra, Martin. I tried searching on Youtube just to see whose versions come up first and it was Boyz II Men funny enough followed by the big three. Monroe was a little bit further down.

Yeah, I can't figure it out either. This is the best rendition of this song. I guess they just default to the "big three" versions: Crosby, Sinatra, Martin. I tried searching on Youtube just to see whose versions come up first and it was Boyz II Men funny enough followed by the big three. Monroe was a little bit further down.
Song is only 1:50. Is it too short for the radio?

I grew up listening to Vaughn Monroe's version (my Dad said his nickname was "Leather Lungs"), which is over three minutes long. I hear it on the radio occasionally, but I hear other versions more.

To me VM's version is the best, just like Burl Ives' version of Holly Jolly Christmas is the best, he sounds so jolly. Which is funny, because BI taught my Dad square dancing, and he said that he was one mean man.

David.
:lol:

I have Vaughn Monroe’s Let It Snow, the mp3 is available on Amazon. The horn intro was cut from the film. You can set a start time in iTunes if you want to mimic the film, although the original intro is good as is.

As a kid, I got to meet Vaughn Monroe when he was playing at one of the nightclubs in Philadelphia. My neighbor worked as a photographer for one of the Philadelphia newspapers and was nice enough to invite me to visit the club with him as he was assigned to take photos of Monroe.
I still have that BXW 8x10 photo of us together and autographed by him. Of course, I had no idea who he was at the time and only after seeing his name in the credits of Die Hard did I realize who I had met.

I can highly recommend the official complete soundtrack from La-La Land Records. It has the Monroe song in perfect quality.

die-hard-30th-environmental-share-sq-web.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back