Disney buying Lucasfilm (new Star Wars movies on tap)

"The last Star Wars movie release was 2005’s Revenge of the Sith – and we believe there’s substantial pent up demand. In 2015, we’re planning to release Star Wars Episode 7 – the first feature film under the “Disney-Lucasfilm” brand. That will be followed by Episodes 8 and 9 – and our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years. We’re very happy that George Lucas will be creative consultant on our new Star Wars films"

HOLY CRAP AND A BISCUIT!!!!!!!

End of an era. This is disastrous for the fan community. I can't even imagine the turmoil going on within the 501st right now..

Exactly what I was thinking..... Disney is UBER notorious for destroying people for messing with anything they own the rights to...

In all honesty, those that sell SW armor and props are lucky they've gotten away with it as long as they have. That door was bound to close up eventually.

Who knows what doors this could open up for us as collectors/costumers...

Seriously, this should shut up the Lucas bashers and allow for a great custodian for the franchise like Dave Filloni to produce new film content, i hope.

Other than recognition and popularity, how would this be different then when we make Buzz Lightyear, Tron, Rocketeer and other Disney-related costumes and props?

If you sell it, they can come after you for lost profits (at the very least). If you make it for yourself and just document the process, they'll generally leave you alone.

I never thought I'd be working for a company that owns my 2 biggest loves as a child - Marvel and Star Wars. Now I know I'm NEVER leaving Disney!

We went from having zero appeal to the boy demographic to now cornering that market within a couple years, insane.

Hmm.. could be best or worst thing to happen to the franchise since George decided to quit screwing up his own creation.

But yeah, you SW costumers are probably fracked.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back