Disney buying Lucasfilm (new Star Wars movies on tap)

While I take it all with a grain of salt, as the video itself says numerous times, it certainly wouldn't shock me in the least if it were true. Any good business doesn't invest 4 billion to not see a healthy return but do you not only have to get THAT greedy, but THAT petty?

If any of this comes to light as being true then I hope episode 9 tanks and proves once and for all how much of a disaster this trilogy has been.

It's not just insulting to the fans but to George Lucas himself. What a slap in the face.

While I take it all with a grain of salt, as the video itself says numerous times, it certainly wouldn't shock me in the least if it were true. Any good business doesn't invest 4 billion to not see a healthy return but do you not only have to get THAT greedy, but THAT petty?

If any of this comes to light as being true then I hope episode 9 tanks and proves once and for all how much of a disaster this trilogy has been.

It's not just insulting to the fans but to George Lucas himself. What a slap in the face.

If George's sale contract, still sees him getting paid for things he's sold, who is the petty one?

Again, huge grain of salt.

They still agreed to those terms so them not honoring them is to my mind worse.

Though again this is still not totally verified and likely never will be.

Where the real money from the movie is made...

If true, this puts a lot of some of the bizarre decisions taken with this trilogy into a whole new perspective.

I remember when George sold it, there were the comments from analysts claiming the rights went for cheap. Well, I guess not all that cheap if there were some conditions like this.

I'm of two minds on this really.

Reshoots are standard practice for any tent pole franchise anymore and are no guarantee that this is going to be a disaster. Could massive changes be indicative of a panic at Lucasfilm to deliver a worthy film? Sure. That's certainly a possibility too.

However this could all be conjecture and no matter what the truth of it is, the public will likely never know the whole story. Disney tends to keep the curtain drawn pretty close so that the veneer of magic can't be disturbed. Ultimately the film will be what it is and worrying about the production of it too much won't really matter when the movie is out. I still think these things become talking points because there is so little known about the movie that it's something to satisfy people's curiosity until it gets released.

I can say that there is a certain amount of annoyance I feel with some of these channels at times. It's one of the reasons why I have avoided discussing the new material on my personal channel. Why add my voice to the chorus of other review channels when I feel I have more interesting things to share on there than my opinions on the movies? I don't have time to scroll through the comment section on there either.

Ultimately no one cares what I think and I can't change the outcome so why bother? I enjoy the exchange here with you all, even if I get heated, it's still fun to hear everyone's take on things. Plus at least here I can have more meaningful exchanges with people than the stupid insults that often make up the comment sections on YouTube.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back