Disney buying Lucasfilm (new Star Wars movies on tap)

End of an era. This is disastrous for the fan community. I can't even imagine the turmoil going on within the 501st right now..

Even Disney won't mess with the 501st Legion. If they shut down the 501st, it will be a PR nightmare for them, especially given all the good works the 501st does for sick children.

Last edited:
Dunno if I should be scared or happy.

I wonder how much power Lucas will retain over Star Wars and block any attempt to make new films that would fall "outside" his vision. Or maybe he decided the story was told and somebody else can have all the fun ...

Now, the PROP community...that could be a different story.

Oh man. Hopefully, they'll leave it alone. Knowing Disney, though, they will make an edict that says anyone making, buying, or selling Star Wars related merchandise of any kind has to pay a licensing fee or face a lawsuit. Either that, or just outright forbid it, like they did with anything involving Disney merchandise...

Maybe a Pixar/Star Wars movie could actually be well done. Maybe some CG Indiana Jones adventures COULD be done (as I have sid before...Indy and Wu Han adventures).

I think some new direction will be a good thing...but sadlly Lucas will be creative consultant for Episode 7.

"Lucasfilm founder George Lucas will act as a creative consultant for the next film."

"Disney will take ownership of Lucasfilm and acquire the entire portfolio of Lucasfilm technologies, as well as its franchises like Indiana Jones."

Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4.05B, Star Wars VII in 2015

George Lucas better not be writing or directing this new movie. :thumbsup

I think with him complaining how he's been wanting to go back to art/independent films and the back-lash of OT: SE and prequels, I think him selling it is the only way he doesn't get pulled back into the Star Wars universe.

He's made his money, and then some and "It's now time for [him] to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers."

Oh man. Hopefully, they'll leave it alone. Knowing Disney, though, they will make an edict that says anyone making, buying, or selling Star Wars related merchandise of any kind has to pay a licensing fee or face a lawsuit. Either that, or just outright forbid it, like they did with anything involving Disney merchandise...

Other than recognition and popularity, how would this be different then when we make Buzz Lightyear, Tron, Rocketeer and other Disney-related costumes and props?

Other than recognition and popularity, how would this be different then when we make Buzz Lightyear, Tron, Rocketeer and other Disney-related costumes and props?

the difference is , there will be no open runs for starwars stuff , it will go underground.......disney has rabid lawyers.....

Well step 1 of Lucas not directing is already positive!

I'm open to seeing what they do. Look what Disney did with Avengers.

C'Mon... you guys got to have at least a tiny shred of hope that they'll bring some people on board to produce a faithful Star Wars film to screen once more.

My only concern is an Episode 7 with everyone so old now, unless it's going to be more a passing torch thing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back