Die Hard 5 - A Good Day to Die Hard (Post-release)

The good news is every movie Burce makes these days is essentially a Die Hard film. He plays a cop and people get hurt. He's not really stretching the acting chops these days.

To some degree though, I think that's because he's forever been type-cast as that character.

A pic from filming:

327653.jpg

Looks like John's back!

What really kills me is that his son (in the movie):

jai_courtney_bruce_willis_die_hard.jpg

Is the same guy who played Varro on Spartacus:

tumblr_l70h3lbge41qc8hj1o1_500.jpg

He was likable enough on Spartacus, but I have a hard time seeing him as John Jr.

Last edited:
They both need to be brutalized and bleed profusely. I mean the characters in the film now.

I still love the first and third films. Like the second, hate the fourth. Hoping the 5th is at least a "like" for me.

DH1 will be untouchable, but let's see. Hope it they dont make the same misstake than in a lot of other movies. Allways should be more fun. I like more darkness like in the new Batman movie serie.

Grooming the next generation of DH franchise?

To some degree though, I think that's because he's forever been type-cast as that character.

A pic from filming:

327653.jpg

Looks like John's back!

What really kills me is that his son (in the movie):

jai_courtney_bruce_willis_die_hard.jpg

Is the same guy who played Varro on Spartacus:

tumblr_l70h3lbge41qc8hj1o1_500.jpg

He was likable enough on Spartacus, but I have a hard time seeing him as John Jr.

He just looks to old to be John McClaines son. IMO. They look like they could be brothers separated by 10 years. Even though they are closer to 30 years apart. Each shot I have seen of the guy, he just looks too grizzled. I would have liked someone who looked a little younger. Who? I don't know. Heck, they can be the same age as Jai Courtney, but not look too beat on.

I guess I am saying I don't like the look of him.

Die Hard 3 was rewritten from a script named "Simon Says" by Jonathan Hensleigh. He does talk about the second half of the film being nothing like the original script. The original being much darker and bigger in scope. The alternate ending is a hint of that.

The alternate ending happens after they get away with the heist.

http://youtu.be/DmCyWvFGUuU

NSFW F bombs.

I dunno.....i feel like Die Hard was a product of the times....same as Lethal Weapon......

....it just doesn't feel right now......everything's out of kilter......the reasons for the protagonists to be inb the situations is getting ever more bizarre and unbelieveable......

John MacClane said it himself in Die Hard 2...." how can the same **** happen to the same guy twice?"

Rich

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back