Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

It's finally here!
DeAgostini Falcon 1.jpg
My wife sent me this pic while I was at the gym. I patiently finished my workout, took a steam, and then actually ran some errands. (Including finally buying a frame for the Knights of Passage print that came with my MR Luke ROTJ saber years ago.) Now I'm going to take my time and enjoy opening this baby up!

I may be the only one, but we should start a petition now to get them to do a Serenity. Maybe by the time the Falcon is done, that one would be ready to start.:D:thumbsup

I believe QMX has exclusive rights and will come down like a brick on anyone who does anything related to Firefly/Serenity according to the guys on the Fireflyprops.net.

Would be awesome if they could though.

It's finally here!
View attachment 457321
My wife sent me this pic while I was at the gym. I patiently finished my workout, took a steam, and then actually ran some errands. (Including finally buying a frame for the Knights of Passage print that came with my MR Luke ROTJ saber years ago.) Now I'm going to take my time and enjoy opening this baby up!

Awesome!! Cant wait for mine....:cry:D

I broke down and subscribed to the Falcon last Thursday and they charged my account yesterday for the first shipment. I can't believe I'm going to spend this much on a model, but I am stoked to get it :) I cannot wait :)

i wonder how long will it be before i break down and be forced to buy this

Well... you just gotta ask yourself one question... Can I afford $66.29 a month? If you can... get it... if not what can you give up for 2 years to be able to afford to get it. Me I'm giving up fast food. The way I see it if I already spend $15-20 a week on fast food if I give it up, I can afford this and my gut will thank me for it later!

I've been keeping up with all the different builds so far and the interiors that are coming this way soon. I don't know about the rest of you thou... but something just doesn't seem right to me. Here's a view of what the interior is gonna look like when it's semi-complete in the next few issues (althou SJW made some awesome modifactions so far, here's the best view of the inside cabin interior from the kit I've been able to find).

11102696_10153266690215730_6192061598526185247_n.jpg

Maybe it's me, but that seat doesn't look right to me. Is it suppose to be sticking out that far? I know in the ANH, Chewbacca is sitting across from R2, and he's on the edge and the double light thingy is right behind him. Is it just me or am I the only one that has noticed that so far?

Last edited:
I've been keeping up with all the different builds so far and the interiors that are coming this way soon. I don't know about the rest of you thou... but something just doesn't seem right to me. Here's a view of what the interior is gonna look like when it's semi-complete in the next few issues (althou SJW made some awesome modifactions so far, here's the best view of the inside cabin interior from the kit I've been able to find).

View attachment 457490

Maybe it's me, but that seat doesn't look right to me. Is it suppose to be sticking out that far? I know in the ANH, Chewbacca is sitting across from R2, and he's on the edge and the double light thingy is right behind him. Is it just me or am I the only one that has noticed that so far?

Nope, it's not just you. The bench seat from the set in ANH and ESB did not have a seat back on the part that sits on the floor grilles. It is easy to replicate this with the DeAg Falcon simply by omitting the last three seat back pieces and filling in the holes for them in the base (Each seat back section comes as an individual piece.).

The overall finish of those pieces looks very good, I will more probably tinker with it but its very good indeed.

If you mean the hold interior pieces in that picture they are not as they come, the pieces in that pic must have been painted by the person who took the image. The parts as they come are self coloured plastic with weathering washes.

I feel like such a noob when I read some of these posts. The details that you guys can spot are amazing. As I was looking over the pieces I received in my first shipment today I was really impressed with the paint job. It's good enough for me. I'm tempted to try and paint this this model, but I just don't know if I can do a better job than what DeAgostini has already sent me. I'm definitely going to repaint the canons though. If I do a good job on those I may feel brave enough to try painting the hull.

OK I just got around to posting here about this. After much deliberation and soul searching I decided to kick it all in and subscribe to this model. Seeing all of the great builds at model space, and some of the pics and posts here; I felt I NEEDED this kit :p and just could not live without her. Luckily, I don't have anyone who could talk reason to me about expense not where to put this huge chunk of gorgeous, so I went ahead and just said, to heck with it and jumped in without looking :D. I blame you all for the peer pressure and the addiction. May you all be blessed in the Force. :D (Especially you, Tony for creating such wonderful "Special Modifacations")

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back