Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Dedicated to all the guys here....

My hall grille, on detail...

MILLENNIUM FALCON DEAGO HALL GRILLES VIEW.jpgMILLENNIUM FALCON DEAGO HALL GRILLES NEEDLE.jpg

I know, I know... "Damn Tony!!!" :lol :cool

Is there a way I can search only for the DeAgostini Falcon in Shapeways. When I do I get all the available parts for MPC, HAsbro, Fine Molds etc. I put in DeAgostini Falcon in the search criteria, BTW.

Should be available now, had to make a couple of tweaks, but the pits are on hold due to not knowing the final clearance underneath the floor just yet.

The floor is available in strong & flexible, may need some sanding, and frosted detail as in the pic or frosted ultra detail.

Mine are under DeAg Falcon

After receiving my latest issues im going to bale out. The quality isnt there for the money.

Of im spending a fortune modding it I may as well keep with the Hasbro.

Last edited:
After receiving my latest issues im going to bale out. The quality isnt there for the money. Off to ebay they go......
Can you fill us in a little? Which issues are you on? What about the quality was not to your standard. You have to substantiate what your saying.

Can you fill us in a little? Which issues are you on? What about the quality was not to your standard. You have to substantiate what your saying.

Just received the latest issues 10-13.
The interior has bothered me from the start as it looks really cheap and is poorly detailed and a million miles from accurate. So far Ive built a large piece of framework and after adding the plastic panels it just looks cheap and the joints are very visable. Its just cream plastic with a little black wash. No doubt modding it heavily will make it a great item but I dont want to spend £1000 plus the modding when the hasbro only cost me £20 to begin with. Those thinking they're going to have something like a MR Falcon are going to be very let down. I can get nearly 3 Randy Cooper Destroyers for the price of this Falcon by the time I add a few Shapeways parts.
I look forward to those who heavily mod these Falcons but I can't justify the cash on it anymore and I only felt like that after the recent parcel landed on my doorstep. Basically one issue is £9 for a sliver of plain plastic, a bit of frame and a few screws.

Last edited:
Just subscribed to this as well (in the USA). Love the Falcon and this seems like a fun project. I'll probably be repainting some of the items (especially things like the "damage" to the cockpit tube), but that'll be an enjoyable thing. Not sure if I'll start on the pieces as they come, but I doubt I'll wait until I have all 25 packages.

I bought a Fine Molds 1:72 Falcon and was going to mod a bunch of stuff, including lights. But this seems WAY less complicated, especially if they include the lighting. I have no idea about LEDs and resistors and all that... but the lighting for this seems like it'll be pretty straight forward (where the Fine Molds I was going to have to develop/build/solder everything). I might run some fibreoptics from some of the included LEDs though... maybe add to cockpit dash and do the lights on the belly of the Falcon. Probably have to sell the Fine Molds Falcon to finance this, but not too worried about that.

One thing I wanted to put out there, which hasn't been brought up, is possibly modding the part just behind the mandibles (see attached photo). I know this might not be the final image/pieces for that area, but seeing the photo, compared with the detailed exterior and interior of the DeAgo Falcon, it just looks so bland and sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the model. I'm guessing this "plate" supports the hull piece, but it still looks like the center could be cut-out, and the missile/weapons bay could be added (you getting this, Tony?). ;)

Again, we'll know more once we see and receive the actual final pieces. Maybe it's "boring" for a reason. But something to think about.

Chris

I have to agree with celticwarrior, there is a lot about this model that isn't worth the money but at the moment it seems like the best option available. I will say that if bandai does a large scale falcon I think a lot of people might drop out.

Just received the latest issues 10-13.
The interior has bothered me from the start as it looks really cheap and is poorly detailed and a million miles from accurate. So far Ive built a large piece of framework and after adding the plastic panels it just looks cheap and the joints are very visible. Its just cream plastic with a little black wash. No doubt modding it heavily will make it a great item but I dont want to spend £1000 plus the modding when the hasbro only cost me £20 to begin with. Those thinking they're going to have something like a MR Falcon are going to be very let down. I can get nearly 3 Randy Cooper Destroyers for the price of this Falcon by the time I add a few Shapeways parts.
I look forward to those who heavily mod these Falcons but I can't justify the cash on it anymore and I only felt like that after the recent parcel landed on my doorstep. Basically one issue is £9 for a sliver of plain plastic, a bit of frame and a few screws.

i hear you man,

i've not had any parts yet, my subscription seems to be in limbo.
i think "built out of the box" this will look like a toy but with the parts i see coming from shapeways and a repaint this could be a match or more for the MR falcon.
i signed up knowing i would have to replace parts, especially the cockpit cone and a total repaint. only knowing i had what it takes to turn it around did i invest.

its a very very big gamble for parts we have not seen yet, the cockpit cone is basically trash food and much of the interior for that matter (hmmm not sounding good)

you can still sell your copies on ebay though

-z

Is there a way I can search only for the DeAgostini Falcon in Shapeways. When I do I get all the available parts for MPC, HAsbro, Fine Molds etc. I put in DeAgostini Falcon in the search criteria, BTW.

Hi Joe.

If you go to Shapeways, just search the 308 Bits shop. On that page you will find all my upgrades for the Falcon separated by brands: MPC, HSBRO, DeAgo, FM... Very easy.

O do a search by DeAgo.

Thanks!

Pics of these cheap looking parts would help a lot, because opinions about parts that have not been out yet as well as opinions of people that have not yet received or actually even touch any of the parts seems a bit of a stretch. So far pics of the model look very good and anyone waiting on a perfect model right out of the box need to put their feet on solid ground. Even the MR Falcon who now so many carve for had a lot of inconsistencies and a bad painting job but just look the prices of them on Ebay.

I have to agree with celticwarrior, there is a lot about this model that isn't worth the money but at the moment it seems like the best option available. I will say that if bandai does a large scale falcon I think a lot of people might drop out.
There are parts from what I've seen that make me wonder a little. In the initial advertisement video, the cockpit windows look very toyish, but in the same token if your going for accuracy, who's going to put in windows anyway. So what I'm getting at is that no matter what, it's not going to be perfect. I think it's all about how we interpret what looks good and any improvements that we can make. I personally, feel like I have to repaint it in the end to look the way I want it, or perceive as looking accurate and good. I like the fact that it looks like a lot of the detailed pieces are going to be added on separately and not part of the original mold. This is part of what makes a model look like a real ILM model in my opinion. When the add-ons or greeblies are part of the mold, they lose detail. I look at my MR Falcon and am blown away by the detail in every little piece that is there and true to the original.

When the MR Falcon came out there was this big movement to repaint it. Many felt the paint job was not accurate enough or that between each ship paint variations were unsatisfactory. I remember one guy even saying that "ILM just slopped on paint and did a sloppy job" on the actual Falcon. He was going to repaint it to how it should of looked. I was like WHAT? How it should have looked? Isn't it an original? That was like me redoing the Mona Lisa and saying this is how DeVinci meant to do it. Anyway, my point being, what looks good, is acceptable, or accurate is very subjective. Some people will be satisfied with the Deagastini just because it may have the right proportions and shape, others may not be satisfied because the upper gun turret is 1/8 larger than the original. Bottom line, if your happy with what your paying for, that's all that counts.

Pics of these cheap looking parts would help a lot, because opinions about parts that have not been out yet as well as opinions of people that have not yet received or actually even touch any of the parts seems a bit of a stretch.

Ive received the parts as have loads of UK subscribers/buyers. If your not subscribing 14 is out and 15 later this week in the UK. How its a bit of a stretch when ive got the inhand items is beyond me.
The falcon will look good if you spend a small fortune on aftermarket parts and spend alot of time painting it etc but out of the box , for the money and in my opinion (based on what ive got) its not worth the cash.
As for you saying the model looks really good theres little to no finished pics out there.

Last edited:
Ive received the parts as have loads of UK subscribers/buyers. If your not subscribing 14 is out and 15 later this week in the UK. How its a bit of a stretch when ive got the inhand items is beyond me.
The falcon will look good if you spend a small fortune on aftermarket parts and spend alot of time painting it etc but out of the box , for the money and in my opinion (based on what ive got) its not worth the cash.
As for you saying the model looks really good theres little to no finished pics out there and the pics they put up for the interior are poor.

Ipad pics would be quite useful, far from useless. Are you a modeller or are you a prop buyer or collector? Thats an important question here. If you have any experience modelling anything you would know there is not a perfect model. A bit of talent and patience can produce excellent results, no need to buy EVERY single aftermarket part for it either. Many positive reviews come precisely from the UK since they are the ones with the most parts received yet.

Pics can be of help so anyone can make a decision based in something more concrete and factual than just an opinion.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back