DeAgostini 1:1 Studio Scale Millenium Falcon Support Group and Info

I called spaceModels/Deagostini direct. I said that I wanted to subscribe but didnt want to start from the beginning, is there any way I can buy everything up to the current subscription and have it all ship out at once? Rep said, no problem and we are running a promotion for $1 shipping so you will save a bunch right off the bat. My card has been charged the correct amount so well see in 6-8 business days if I get a big package or a small package haha.

It makes sense because they have all the months in separate bins in a warehouse. Employee just has to start at the first bin and go to the last bin. Easy Peasy.

LMK how this turns out, C...

I want to do this model SO bad but I just cant wait another year for the parts. They would sell the entire run to people who want it. I guess maybe they are still making parts I dunno. I got quoted 609 for the first 10 months but knowing my luck they would go under before they finished or something.

That looks awesome. I was not upset about the frame being seen but the big thing in the middle of the ramp was a bit of a letdown.

Tom

Tom1971, I had to laugh when I read your comments about the stock deago cockpit wall. It really does suck. I'm building a stock cockpit and then a paragrafix cockpit. Two things that might help that I don't think I've seen mentioned is that with the stock wall I went over the sticker in the areas where the light shined through with a rapidograph pen, you can't really notice where you've done it while looking at the sticker and I thought it helped define the lights. Obviously I tested it in a small area first. The other comment is that when constructing the paragrafix I found that there was so little real estate for the glue to latch on to I needed something to stop it from falling apart. To get around this I glued thin strips of styrene to connect the different sections(space is limited as you don't want to cover up the holes). Hope this helps in some way.

Tom1971, I had to laugh when I read your comments about the stock deago cockpit wall. It really does suck. I'm building a stock cockpit and then a paragrafix cockpit. Two things that might help that I don't think I've seen mentioned is that with the stock wall I went over the sticker in the areas where the light shined through with a rapidograph pen, you can't really notice where you've done it while looking at the sticker and I thought it helped define the lights. Obviously I tested it in a small area first. The other comment is that when constructing the paragrafix I found that there was so little real estate for the glue to latch on to I needed something to stop it from falling apart. To get around this I glued thin strips of styrene to connect the different sections(space is limited as you don't want to cover up the holes). Hope this helps in some way.

I was wondering about that for gluing the paragrafix.

Thanks so much for the tip. Great idea. I will do that.

Tom

So I decided to start on the interior hold section. I was gonna get the Shapeways bunk but I realized I had over 1k in my Shapeways cart between the various Falcons so I need to mod existing stuff as much as possible.

The seats needed to be ANH which has the movable bench section. Sometimes it's tight next to the other seats and some time there is space.

The main bench has 5 big pieces and 3 small ones. To cut them off as Deago has them you end up with the wrong number of cushions and a skinny one on the end. So I added to the bunk end wall so it came out even.

Then I decided the bunk looked wrong so I chopped it off and am going to re-center it and add more walls space on either side. There is some space on each side in the film so it will match.

Still messing around with the top of the bunk.

Raised the bunk/back of bench part so the back cushions sit lower to show the control panel.

Used Tamiya Deck Tan for the cushions. Perfect match for the cushion and hall padding.

Used TamiyaWooden Deck Tan for the chairs. Again good match. A little Walmart hobby black, my fingers and a baby wipe and presto. Aged.

Gonna repaint the hole interior dark gray and then the rest of the cushions in the Deck Tan as the cushions are too black.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-6424.jpg

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%200231.jpg

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%200251.jpg

Too much wall to the left

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20023.jpg

Not now

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20071.jpg

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20068.jpg

Repainted cushion next to stock Deago hall pad

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20059.jpg

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20058.jpg

Prepping for cushions. These are just the indents. They are now covered with puddy and the cushions will be bake clay.

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20030.jpg

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20252.jpg

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20254.jpg

Looking good Tom... interesting idea for the benches... did you cut the bottom support in half or the bottom of the seat backs to get them lowered?

Looking good Tom... interesting idea for the benches... did you cut the bottom support in half or the bottom of the seat backs to get them lowered?

Neither. I added a piece of plastic under the curved bunk bench base. It raised it and then just used to stock bench base and seats. That way the seats were the correct heights, etc but I got the control panel.

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20002.jpg

Jan52016IReports%20and%20DeagoProgress%20005.jpg

Tom

What are you doing with the wall details behind the couch? Are you raising them as well?

I had thought about raising the base, but thought that would cause interference with the wall details.

What are you doing with the wall details behind the couch? Are you raising them as well?

I had thought about raising the base, but thought that would cause interference with the wall details.

I might raise them or just cut them out all together. I am gonna use the Paragrafix hold set and, although I was not gonna go crazy on the interior, now that I have started I am. Gonna add all the wires, etc.

I think once all this is in it will not even matter

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-6859.jpg

4.jpg

Hi Tom ,i signed up for email notifications with Doa as they had sold out , if memory serves i waited about 2 weeks then they came back in stock.....depends on wether you can wait or not :)

Hi Tom ,i signed up for email notifications with Doa as they had sold out , if memory serves i waited about 2 weeks then they came back in stock.....depends on wether you can wait or not :)

Thanks but I said screw it and bought various Tamiyas.

I found a place online for the Insignia white spray and then bought the below small bottles at my hobby shop.

Neutral Grey

Light Grey

Sky Grey

Medium Grey

Medium Blue

Flat Yellow

Flat Red

I got the Winsor and Newton Fast drying oil Lamp Black that Darkview has had so much good luck with. I am anxious to compare it for weathering, wash, and oil marking vs. the cheap hobby Walmart black I have been using.

Tom

I bought 5 bottles of Tamiya insignia white spray cans overseas and even though it was shipped slow boat the package was siezed by customs as a hazardous material without even giving me any options (e.g. ship it back to supplier).

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back