DARTH VADER ANH & ESB displays - updated 9.28.11 new pics post #216

Re: ANH & ESB DARTH VADER - finally complete!!

esbvader_final_7.JPG

anhvader_final_6.JPG

I like these two. Great job! Years of work have paid off.

Only one complaint - You should have had two separate threads for these bad boys :lol

Great displays and superb photography.

Chris

Thanks.
I might be finished with the displays, but I'm surely not finished with taking pics. :thumbsup

Looks great Gino!
Lucasfilm should definitely hire you to oversee their museum displays.
My favorite of the ANH set are the two helmet shots done in the style of the Tantive IV. And my favorite of the ESB is the last one. "Join me..."

Excellent pictures and congratulations on finally completing your displays.

esbvader_final_5.JPG

Nice. Now... Gotta build the Isolation Chamber. Do a seated version. Yaknow?

Best damn gloves in Vaderdom. Kudos.

OK GINO, listen up! This is insane, I mean TOTALLY MADNESS!!!!!!!!!

I have been on the RPF since the year 2000 and I have seen alot of talent and different skills in sculpting, painting, etc etc. But this thread is absolutely AMAZING.:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

I want to say congratulations and thanks for showing us this. I know how many years you spent on this, and how much research that has gone into this
projects.

George Lucas should be proud thats for sure. The details in those last photos
and those poses, WOW I am speechless.

For the ANH Vader . . .

anhvader_final_11.JPG

OK, This one is absolutely my favorite ANH picture so far – it gave me chills :eek remembering the ANH Opening and Leia’s Interrogation scene onboard the Tantive IV. Vader had some close-ups in that scene, where we are introduced to his character and this is DEAD-ON!

I like this scene and the helmet you have labored over because it presents Vader as dity, raw and rough and not spit-polished and perfect. He is part of the invasion force, not just observing it from his Star Destroyer. It’s gritty and down right amazing!

PLEASE take more classic pose photos in this suit! :)

Stunning work, Gino. Absolutely Stunning.

For the ESB Vader . . .

esbvader_final_7.JPG

Such a classic pose as Vader does his best to sway his son to the Dark Side. Once again, amazing work on the suit and helmet showing us the way a spot-on TESB Vader should look.

I can almost feel the wind of the open Cloud City shaft tugging at his cape here.

Amazing. :confused

I couldnt agree more with Dewback Rider! I too love those close up shots of the ANH Vader, The attention to the detailing and weathering you've done is second to none Gino. .. More of where that came from please :love

Respect to ya!

this detail is the only complaint I have:

It´s not understood right. Looks like only a little scratch and a painted silver brush stroke, which it wasn´t.
But the rest is quiete well done!

Ah-ah....we are not permitted to critique in a showoff thread....:unsure

But Trap Joe I think you are basing how it should look on something that isn't correct either...

this detail is the only complaint I have:

It´s not understood right. Looks like only a little scratch and a painted silver brush stroke, which it wasn´t.
But the rest is quiete well done!

MUHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahha!

That's just silly to say.

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

You guys can stop trolling my thread now.

These are two of the most incredible display pieces i've ever seen! The accuracy and ATD is second to none!
Congrats Gino, you must be very proud!
BTW what colour is your ANH grille mesh?

Thanks

Rich

Aahhh....making it a gunmetal colour? ....or is it a bright finish....sorry for picking your brains (so to speak)!!!(i'm about to start an ANH helmet and will be using yours as one of my references!)

Rich

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back