BTTF Pt. II USA Today

i think everyone racing to ebay to sell right now are cutting their own throats!
yesterday on the 20th there were only 50 listing for pre-sales....as of now there are 804!
the saturation in the market place is making it a "buyers market"....any one who wants one now will go with the lowest bid offer and if they don't get it they'll just move on to the next lowest until they do!

why not wait a couple years when supply dies out and you get those guys kicking themselves for "not picking one up when they came out a couple years ago".
that's were the real money will be.

just my opinion of course. :cool

You make an excellent point.

I got my hands on 6 papers total. And I've sold 3 of them. I'm keeping one for me. I only need one. And by the way it looks really cool in my display case. :D

I'm not looking to profit, I've asked for the buyer to pay for shipping, the cost of the newspaper, the large envelope that fits the paper so it can be shipped flat in between cardboard so it doesn't bend, and I've asked for a little "beer money' for my time.

$900+ dollars is pretty crazy considering that USA Today has released this across the country and it's not exactly rare right now.

The amount I'm asking is based on my value of my time, burning gas driving around to get them, the cost of the paper, the cost of shipping, etc etc. I'm not the cheapest source. But I'm certainly not charging a crazy amount of money for one.

It's up to the buyer for sure at this point. The buyers are in control. I've quoted my price to a few people that have turned me down.

And one of my buyers called me a legend. :lol and I'll cherish that!

Joshua

I'm going to end up with several extra copies -- maybe about three or four of them. If anyone overseas is interested in one.

In the interest of not breaking any rules, I'll list these over in the junkyard in the coming days. I just converted my membership to premium.

Last edited:
I'm going to end up with several extra copies -- maybe about three or four of them. If anyone overseas is interested in one, I'd be happy to ship one out to you at cost, plus shipping. :)

very kind of you ill take 2 please , pm me the info (i live in the uk) hope im not breaking any rules (if so please let me know)
ps i also might me getting one from another member but one more would be nice so i can 1 give to my brother:thumbsup

I'm going to end up with several extra copies -- maybe about three or four of them. If anyone overseas is interested in one, I'd be happy to ship one out to you at cost, plus shipping. :)

Update the other members have sold so i missed them so ill please take 2 from you if thats ok?

I just posted the "Youth Jailed" USA Today in the Junkyard less than 2 hours ago. I had 16 copies, and they are already sold out. I'm trying to get more, but if anyone has extra copies, please post to the junkyard. There are still a lot of members still wanting a copy.

I just posted the "Youth Jailed" USA Today in the Junkyard less than 2 hours ago. I had 16 copies, and they are already sold out. I'm trying to get more, but if anyone has extra copies, please post to the junkyard. There are still a lot of members still wanting a copy.

Guess we all knew this was going to happen :D
Thank you for your cooperation Diana

A few people had questions about storing/preserving the papers. Here's a blurb from The Smithsonian's website:

The best thing to do is to protect the newspapers from damaging environmental influences such as continuous exposure to light, extremes of heat and moisture, and direct handling of the objects. Damage from light is cumulative and irreversible, and can cause not only fading of inks but yellowing, bleaching or darkening of paper. This is especially true for newspapers, which darken considerably under exposure to light. Newspapers are best stored in buffered materials and there are boxes sized specifically for large newspapers to allow them to be stored unfolded (the original spine crease may remain folded). Store the full original in buffered acid-free and lignin-free paper folders, or if making a clipping, mounted to an acid-free and lignin-free album page with acid-free and lignin-free photo corners of paper or Mylar.(Some people may wish to save only the front page or section, but consider saving the whole paper as it was published, because the whole paper--yes, even the shopping inserts with food prices--provides valuable context for future readers.) In this way the original is supported, surrounded by good materials and protected from light, and the object might not need to be flattened or damaged during use when opening it many years from now. Specialty papers and enclosures can be purchased from archival and library conservation suppliers, art or photo supply stores. Even a 24 x 36 sheet of uncolored buffered paper or mat board wrapped around the newspaper is helpful, and is available for under $10. Our colleagues at Duke University Libraries even made a really sweet video on how to do just this. There is also a special paper called Microchamber paper (see a description of it in this Glossary) that absorbs and traps more acid than other papers. It is available from a variety of archival suppliers in folder and box sizes made for newspapers and other formats.

I got 2 copies for myself - one to display and the other to archive.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
A few people had questions about storing/preserving the papers. Here's a blurb from The Smithsonian's website:

The best thing to do is to protect the newspapers from damaging environmental influences such as continuous exposure to light, extremes of heat and moisture, and direct handling of the objects. Damage from light is cumulative and irreversible, and can cause not only fading of inks but yellowing, bleaching or darkening of paper. This is especially true for newspapers, which darken considerably under exposure to light. Newspapers are best stored in buffered materials and there are boxes sized specifically for large newspapers to allow them to be stored unfolded (the original spine crease may remain folded). Store the full original in buffered acid-free and lignin-free paper folders, or if making a clipping, mounted to an acid-free and lignin-free album page with acid-free and lignin-free photo corners of paper or Mylar.(Some people may wish to save only the front page or section, but consider saving the whole paper as it was published, because the whole paper--yes, even the shopping inserts with food prices--provides valuable context for future readers.) In this way the original is supported, surrounded by good materials and protected from light, and the object might not need to be flattened or damaged during use when opening it many years from now. Specialty papers and enclosures can be purchased from archival and library conservation suppliers, art or photo supply stores. Even a 24 x 36 sheet of uncolored buffered paper or mat board wrapped around the newspaper is helpful, and is available for under $10. Our colleagues at Duke University Libraries even made a really sweet video on how to do just this. There is also a special paper called Microchamber paper (see a description of it in this Glossary) that absorbs and traps more acid than other papers. It is available from a variety of archival suppliers in folder and box sizes made for newspapers and other formats.

Hope that helps!

Great tip! Thanks for sharing this.

i'm going to take a couple and vacuum seal them with heavy duty shrink wrap on 1/4" acid-free foam core boards.
fame a few and just leave the others for archiving.

Hope that helps!

Most helpful. Thanks a lot :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back