BTTF 2 Doc's emergency cash

What about current currency (which would have been future currency for Doc and Marty)?
Maybe there is a separate case for the future? Or under some stacks, there are more current bills?
I love the hypothetical question of why travel to those times.
Also, nice touch on having the bills be small in the past (in denomination) so he didn't go back in time with all 100 dollar bills and draw a lot of attention.

What a cool thread!

Generally, currency is fine to use for at least a decade, maybe up to three or four, no? Even the old hundreds, going back to the 70's are still OK today. Looking at those dates, it looks like many of his bases are covered...

Can I go on record saying I BOUGHT a Mezzi case because of this thread and now use it as a sleak briefcase since its no where near accurate?

Very interesting to read this thread because I own the original doc's emergency money case including the original money like it was featured in the japanese prop book. Unfortunately only one side of the case has survived. I own the side who has the sticker "emergency money" on the outside. The other side with the handle was lost over the years at Universal and will probably never show up again :-(

About the case: All I want to say is, that the original case was custom made from aluminum and plexi.

I don't suppose you could post up some pictures?

Yet another usually glanced-over, but interesting prop. It'll be nice to see a finished reproduction, based on the quality of the prop replicas here.

It'll also serve as a great piece to illustrate how the various dollar bills have changed over the course of over a century. Some of them are so similar to the versions in use today... whilst others are so utterly different (the really old bills are quite something to behold).

Wow.. almost two years later but we finally get to see the surviving half of that screen used prop. Bitbuster, thank you so much for sharing that.

You are welcome. Sorry it took so long ;)
needless to say that if anybody knows anything about the whereabouts of the other side of the case, please contact me.

Yet another usually glanced-over, but interesting prop. It'll be nice to see a finished reproduction, based on the quality of the prop replicas here.

It'll also serve as a great piece to illustrate how the various dollar bills have changed over the course of over a century. Some of them are so similar to the versions in use today... whilst others are so utterly different (the really old bills are quite something to behold).

agree!

Detailed look at the currency notes inside Doc's Emergency Cash Box via (http://redditpics.com/reddit-i-heard-you-have-an-appreciation-for-the-a,262259/)

Wg8Yi.jpg

Last edited:
Also in the movie screen shot, top row on the extreme right the top bill for 1864 is $5 right? Though there seems to be a $20 bill behind it as well (also visible in the prop photo)

I didn't see anyone answer this question, but the screen caps posted do seem to show a Confederate $5 in front of a Confederate $20.
This shot posted by Brigandia36 shows a $5 is bent, clearly showing the "twenty" word of the bill beneath it:
vlcsnap2196316.png

Also, one of the pics in the previous post by Vivec shows the $5 is pulled to the left exposing the "0" in "20" and the portrait from the $20. (I didn't repost that pic because it's all one big pic, and it was just posted before my post, so no need to repost it!)

I think the Confederate $20 under the 5 is actually a prop bill, not an original. The 1864 $1 (G) on the other side might be also.

that set of note is a great find,

if they are printed for prop use if thats ok . will they be the 1/1 size ?
now I just need to find a suit case :D

Hey everyone I have the same problem i have better shots of the inside and outside of case but i cant see the handle so i cant find the case online plz help ill be the first one ever to make the full prop i have all of the bank notes its hard to tell what kind of case it is because it opens all the wayVivek thank u for the part u showed before the last post on page 3

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back