BTTF 2 Doc's emergency cash

Hey Brigandia36, can you please post a photo of the front of the 1861 $2? I am trying to find one of these, and I need to know what to look for.

Ah, so you mean the 1961 $2 is just another 1917? I just want to get all of my facts straight before I spend a ton of money on vintage notes.

Ah, so you mean the 1961 $2 is just another 1917? I just want to get all of my facts straight before I spend a ton of money on vintage notes.

Bingo !

What I mean is:

The year write on bills is the year you can use the bill.
Like the 1955 $1 is in reality a 1934 Silver Certificate $1.

It wasn't just finding the same bill like on the pictures but understanding like the propmaster and studying the history of money in the USA from 1861 to 1985... Hard work for a french guy !
But I think I can be proud of my work ...

Last edited:
And for those who want to dig, we can try to understand why Doc choose these years... I will begin another work ...

If some of you wants to join ...

Let's dream about the reasons find by Doc Brown to travel during these "Specials Years".

We know is a scientist and maybe he can collects some artifacts from these differrent travels... You know what I mean ? :love

Let's dream about the reasons find by Doc Brown to travel during these "Specials Years".

We know is a scientist and maybe he can collects some artifacts from these differrent travels... You know what I mean ? :love

I never thought he chose specific years but rather had money from different eras in American history. Therefore he could travel to certain time spans and have the money for that block of time.

It's like if you time traveled back to 1985, you would probably have money from 1980 or the late 70's. It wasn't untill the recent past that we made a concerted effort to change our bills more often.

Brad

The handle is "strap handle" and it seems to be a handle for an amplifier or a guitar case ... Hope that helps...

Continuing my research ...:wacko

H1195.jpg

Something like that...

Last edited:
Left side of the briefcase:

$1 1955 (1934 silver certificate)
$1 1923 (silver certificate)
$2 1917
$20 1864 (C.S.A.)
$5 1934 (silver certificate)
$5 1914
$10 1902
$10 1864 (C.S.A.)

Right side of the briefcase:

.25 1875
.10 1863
$10 1985
$20 1914
$50 1914
$2 1861 (bottom of the 1917)
$2 1861 (bottom of the 1917)
$1 1864 (C.S.A.)
$20 1864 (C.S.A.) :l
You meant bottom of the 1914 right?

Doc_Money1.jpg

Doc_Money2.jpg

antiquemoney_inverted.jpg

Also in the movie screen shot, top row on the extreme right the top bill for 1864 is $5 right? Though there seems to be a $20 bill behind it as well (also visible in the prop photo)

Row1 - 1955 (1), 1923 (1), 1917 (2), 1864 (5)(20)

Row2 - 1934 (5), 1914 (5), 1902 (10), 1864 (10)

Row3 - 1985 (10), 1914 (20), 1864 (1), 1864 (20)

Row4 - 1863 (.10), 1875 (.25), 1914 (50), 1861 (2), 1861 (2)

I always wanted one of these, ever since I was a kid. Although not as accurate as it can be, I just put in for a Mezzi case. The handle doesn't bother me as much as the black interior as opposed to aluminum, but I will see if I can pull out the guts when I get it.

I will keep you guys posted. It's obv been awhile. Anyone make any progress?

Joe

It was so easy to go to see the greenhouse maker and ask him if he could fold some aluminium foil (2.5 mm).

He says yes, weld the corner together, make me another one to make the both sides, I just bought some ordinary stuff like a handle and long hinge, some transparent PVC and made my "Emergency Briefcase full of cash".

Job finished.

Very interesting to read this thread because I own the original doc's emergency money case including the original money like it was featured in the japanese prop book. Unfortunately only one side of the case has survived. I own the side who has the sticker "emergency money" on the outside. The other side with the handle was lost over the years at Universal and will probably never show up again :-(

About the case: All I want to say is, that the original case was custom made from aluminum and plexi.

Brigandia36, happy to have been shown this thread by a friend from another forum.

Vivek ... thank you

I wanted to start on making this prop as well, and would like to help. I have contacted a case company to try to fabricate this exact case :

>>
Case for “Money”-

Perhaps one of these two stock cases you could customize to hold money.

http://www.casesbysource.com/product/sm ... e-svp16122

The above case is smooth silver aluminum to plywood and the ID is 16” x 12” x 1.75” (.88” lid and .88” base)

The second option is an aluminum case with ID of 20.1” x 12.2” x 5.5” and again you will need to customize the interior of the case. It is-

http://www.casesbysource.com/product/za ... e-zc-40764

I would be able to provide a small discount on the above aluminum case (ZC-40764)if you were to order ten cases.

OR we could produce a completely aluminum case customized to what you need, but will need exact interior dimension with positioning of the partitions noted. I will then need to quote it with “closest hardware” etc. My guestimate is that you will be in the range of $220.00-$300.00 per case for custom aluminum case and the lid and base may need to be more than 1” each to accommodate hardware latches, handle, etc.

Please review the above and let me know how you would like to proceed.
<<

as for the money inside, i too was mistaken and thought it was PROP movie money based on this attached picture, however, after seeing the screen shots it does appear to be REAL US currency!

well done...

now, how can i help?

I never go to take pics or measurements...******...but the original plex money trays with the handwritten date labels were still in the Universal prop rental department as of 2001.

They were out of the case...which I believe was custom made...but definitely there.

If anybody has access, you might still be able to find 'em.

Was the money from 2015 real too? I mean, the movie is based on actual events, right? :lol

Anyway... I was looking at this thread and thought: "How kewl would that be for my Unibody Macbook?" $60 for a thin aluminum case isn't bad...

Brigandia36, happy to have been shown this thread by a friend from another forum.

Vivek ... thank you

I wanted to start on making this prop as well, and would like to help. I have contacted a case company to try to fabricate this exact case :

>>
Case for “Money”-

Perhaps one of these two stock cases you could customize to hold money.

http://www.casesbysource.com/product/sm ... e-svp16122

The above case is smooth silver aluminum to plywood and the ID is 16” x 12” x 1.75” (.88” lid and .88” base)

The second option is an aluminum case with ID of 20.1” x 12.2” x 5.5” and again you will need to customize the interior of the case. It is-

http://www.casesbysource.com/product/za ... e-zc-40764

I would be able to provide a small discount on the above aluminum case (ZC-40764)if you were to order ten cases.

OR we could produce a completely aluminum case customized to what you need, but will need exact interior dimension with positioning of the partitions noted. I will then need to quote it with “closest hardware” etc. My guestimate is that you will be in the range of $220.00-$300.00 per case for custom aluminum case and the lid and base may need to be more than 1” each to accommodate hardware latches, handle, etc.

Please review the above and let me know how you would like to proceed.
<<

as for the money inside, i too was mistaken and thought it was PROP movie money based on this attached picture, however, after seeing the screen shots it does appear to be REAL US currency!

well done...

now, how can i help?

Sorry I am late and didn't see your post...
I will work again to make something clean with all dimensions.
Did you find the lock or the handle ?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back