Batsuit: Arkham Origins V1

Re: WIP - Batman Arkham Origins

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Still need to spray on a few layers of plastidip on the spikes but gauntlet no.1 is done.

Last edited:

Sweet dude cant wait to see more. Really looking forward to seeing your cowl too. Im sorry i didnt give my opinion on redoing the shoulders. I wanted to tell you they can prob be a little bigger. But wait to do your cape before you decide. The cape may give the appearance that theyre bigger. So you dont have to spend more time making another set.
Unfortunately I probably won't be able to mold myself a cowl by Saturday. Probably have to use the store bought latex one... Maybe by Halloween though if all goes well.
But thank you for the support on this project.

I used Loctite Super glue gel. I did mine the way you did your second go at it. Glued everything together while still flat. Then heated it up to form it to my forearm. I had to do it a few times. Anyway yours looks cool so press on man. We got 10 days left.
cool. I'll have to look into that for my next project. Also what thickness of foam you use for your cowl?

Reznor9 this is looking awsome it fits you well its going to look epic need bigger shoulders to balance out the rest i love it [emoji106][emoji4]

[emoji102]
Thanks man! If I have the time and left over materials I'll definitely opt for the bigger shoulders.

image.jpg image.jpg
And so it begins... Gauntlet no 2. Id like to make this second one better. But being that it has to match the other... Oh well. Ill know better for if I decide to do the Arkham Knight batman build next time.

Last edited:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Finished the second gauntlet. While making it I discovered that I had lost the template I made for the blades. Building the second set I unintentionally made the blades a little thicker. I think I like them better like this. Might remake them for the first set as well if I have time but I don't think anyone would really notice the difference at the party.

Last edited:

I'm in a bit of a time crunch. I need to craft the shin guards tomorrow if possible as I have an event to go to on Saturday. If anyone has the pep files or a template I can use please send it my way. I would greatly appreciate it. I really don't have the time to freehand it as my trial and error process can take days and can have me wasting a lot of materials. So if it's avoidable I want to avoid it. Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.

The shin guards are kicking my arse. Took me 3 hours to get the knee plates done. Hopefully it's the hard part.
These shin guards seem overly complex. And again I'm not truly happy with my results thus far. This project went from fun to frustrating. I just want to finish already. :p

Last edited:

The shin guards are kicking my arse. Took me 3 hours to get the knee plates done. Hopefully it's the hard part.
These shin guards seem overly complex. And again I'm not truly happy with my results thus far. This project went from fun to frustrating. I just want to finish already. :p

Just stick with it your doing so well it will come to you [emoji106]

[emoji102]

image.jpgTook a pic of the knee guards after a few coats of plastidip and threw in a few bolt heads for good measure.
Just stick with it your doing so well it will come to you [emoji106]

[emoji102]

Yeah, I'm trucking through it. Although I feel like I could do better. I need to keep moving along to hold the deadline. They aren't terrible but comparing it to the awesome pieces bigbat had done they fall a little short in my opinion as to what I feel I'm capable of. My main gripe is that I couldn't get the front of the knee completely flush with the outer shell. So there is a protruding seam. Just nitpicking i guess. But I it bothers me a little. Anyhow, I'll work on the main shin piece and the remaining smaller pieces today. Hopefully I can finish up up before bedtime.

Last edited:

Hey Jerry, don't be so hard on yourself. They look great! Especially with the bolts. You are doing amazing things in a short amount of time. Don't worry, it will get fun again.

Hey Jerry, don't be so hard on yourself. They look great! Especially with the bolts. You are doing amazing things in a short amount of time. Don't worry, it will get fun again.
Thanks Floyd. I just made the main shin guard pieces. Need to plastidip them still.
Now all I have left are the smaller interconnecting pieces. The ones that go on top and below the shin guard. I also bought a pair of rain boots from Walmart. Not sure if it will make it easier to mount the pieces on or if I should just take them back. Only thing that sucks is that I'll have to plastidip the boots too because they didn't have black ones that fit me. Anyone plastidip rain boots before? Wonder if the plastidip will crack.

The knew guards are looking great !

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry knee*
Thanks bro. Glad you like em. :D

Last edited:

I still continue to be BLOWN AWAY by the RAPID rate of your progress! You're doing a PHENOMENAL JOB for the amount of time you've spent!!! Your parts still have a HIGH QUALITY look to them! Yes they may not be perfect in your eyes, as you've studied every little detail of the suit you're working on. We all do that on our builds! In that way, we're our own WORST CRITICS! Just remember, anyone else out in the general public isn't going to notice all those little imperfections that are so GLARINGLY OBVIOUS to you! You should be EXTREMELY PROUD of what you've accomplished in such a short amount of time! It's truly BEAUTIFUL & INSPIRATIONAL work your putting out! I wish I had the time to devote to my projects right now like you're doing, but real life has gotten in the way for now!:( You bring hope for me that eventually I'll be able to get back to this hobby that brings me a lot of JOY! Again, THANKS FOR BEING AN INSPIRATION! Don't let the little details that aren't quite right get you down, & impede you from finishing this by your deadline! Keep in mind, you can always go back later, & redo the things that bother you right now if you so choose. By the time you finish this, the knowledge you've gained in completing this build will GREATLY aid you if you decide to go back & redo certain parts later! AWESOME WORK!!! KEEP IT UP!!! I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THIS WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED!!!(y)cool

image.jpg

Thank you Jeff :)I can totally understand everything your saying. And life has me pulled in all kinds of directions as well and doing its damndist to keep me from finishing this project on time. And I am very critical of my work. I do want it to be perfect, and should be happy with the results I've come up with thus far. On that note im moving forward.

I just finished adding the straps the my second gauntlet and redid the spikes in my first. Feels good thats out of the way.Finished the shin guards. Dipped em and just waiting to figure out how to make the other parts that attaches to the shin guard.

Last edited:

Thanks Floyd. I just made the main shin guard pieces. Need to plastidip them still.
Now all I have left are the smaller interconnecting pieces. The ones that go on top and below the shin guard. I also bought a pair of rain boots from Walmart. Not sure if it will make it easier to mount the pieces on or if I should just take them back. Only thing that sucks is that I'll have to plastidip the boots too because they didn't have black ones that fit me. Anyone plastidip rain boots before? Wonder if the plastidip will crack.

Thanks bro. Glad you like em. :D
Everything is looking good. The plastidip should be fine on the rain boots just do like 4-6 coats. Plastidip gets really tough the thicker it is. Hopefully I'll be posting a pic of my completed origins inspired suit today

Everything is looking good. The plastidip should be fine on the rain boots just do like 4-6 coats. Plastidip gets really tough the thicker it is. Hopefully I'll be posting a pic of my completed origins inspired suit today

Should I plastidip the entire boot or should I glue the pieces into place and just spray the areas that are visible?

Sucks. I've come down with a sinus infection and feel like crap. Got to press on though. Tonight is the costume party so I have a little time to pull this together. About 10 hours left. Probably about 4-5 hours to actually work on it though due to other daily obligations. Purchased a cheap $10 cape for tonight and hopefully by Halloween I can get a decent one sown up. On a side note my wife decided she wanted to be maleficent this year instead of going with me on the DC superhero theme and took a go at making the horns herself. Wow. She did a phenomenal job in almost no time sanding them out of dow board Styrofoam. Time for breakfast then jumping into completing those shin guards. I'm hoping the muscle plates will be pretty straight forward and easy to mold. The neck piece is what I'm concerned about. Tried it last week but decided to move on and get back to ot later.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back