Batsuit: Arkham Origins V1

Re: WIP - Batman Arkham Origins

i like yours better than mine :(
Yours looks pretty awesome to me. :)Better than any of the batman suits they sell in the stores.

- - - Updated - - -

Added the bicep/tricep plates. Looks a lot better

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Ha thanks I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on it cause of work. But the neighbor hood kids thought I was the real batman lol

I feel you man. Life gets in the way of this stuff and making these costumes is time consuming. Between my job and two little boys I find I have to work on it through the night on my days off because during the day it's almost impossible to get anything done. Doesn't help I work at 4am every morning. I totally skipped my workouts for the month of October to work on this stuff in my spare time. Now that Halloween is over I can take my time to finish the suit and get back to a normal routine.

ill have to suit up some time and take a few progress shots. I slapped together some last second leg armor. Nothing special but it brings balance to the suit so I'm not grey/black up top and all black on the lower half. I plan to upgrade the leg armor eventually to give it some more bulk though. And the bicep/tricep need some of the detail of the ribbed material in between. Little things here and there I need to get to. Also I still want to craft the cowl and the neck armor.

I feel you man. Life gets in the way of this stuff and making these costumes is time consuming. Between my job and two little boys I find I have to work on it through the night on my days off because during the day it's almost impossible to get anything done. Doesn't help I work at 4am every morning. I totally skipped my workouts for the month of October to work on this stuff in my spare time. Now that Halloween is over I can take my time to finish the suit and get back to a normal routine.

ill have to suit up some time and take a few progress shots. I slapped together some last second leg armor. Nothing special but it brings balance to the suit so I'm not grey/black up top and all black on the lower half. I plan to upgrade the leg armor eventually to give it some more bulk though. And the bicep/tricep need some of the detail of the ribbed material in between. Little things here and there I need to get to. Also I still want to craft the cowl and the neck armor.
Totally understand. Mine I'm sure will now get slowly modified. The grapple gun helps set it off even though it's not in the pics lol. It's on the belt under the cape. The grapple gun is pretty cool for 25$. I got a good deal on the cowl with neck armor too

Totally understand. Mine I'm sure will now get slowly modified. The grapple gun helps set it off even though it's not in the pics lol. It's on the belt under the cape. The grapple gun is pretty cool for 25$. I got a good deal on the cowl with neck armor too

Yeah. My cowl sucks. I'd love to get a better one.

If you're looking for a cowl, talk to Coofunkcurly here, his arkham cowl is spot on and would complete your awesome suit very well :thumbsup

image.jpgimage.jpg

Unhappy with the cowl I decided to cut off the neck portion and Made my own out of foam. I think it looks a lot better. And I can turn my head now without deforming the mask.

Last edited:

image.jpg

Decided that the leg armor looked weak and required attention. I added some additional plates which gave it much needed bulk and dimension. I'm happy with the results.

Last edited:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This is basically my finished product. Not sure I'll have any more time devote to this but I'm happy with the results.
if anything I might come back and try my hand at making my own cowl and maybe getting a proper cape. But I hope you guys like it.

Re: Reznor9's Batman Arkham Origins Foam Build

The armor is superior and very well crafted, excellent job. Never been a fan of foam, but you really made it look great, so kudos to you. I do think the Rubies cowl really lets the build down though. This would easily be up there with the best of the best batsuit builds with a good cowl and a proper undersuit. But for such a quick build, it did turn out fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The armor is superior and very well crafted, excellent job. Never been a fan of foam, but you really made it look great, so kudos to you. I do think the Rubies cowl really lets the build down though. This would easily be up there with the best of the best batsuit builds with a good cowl and a proper undersuit. But for such a quick build, it did turn out fantastic.

thanks for your input. Yeah I completely agree. The cowl wasn't suited for this build, especially in the condition it came in. The Schumacher style neck looked terrible so I cut it off and tried my best to salvage it. Looked way better with the foam armored neck brace. But left much to be desired in terms of the cowl still. I plan on trying to make the cowl at a later date to see if I can figure out how the pepakura stuff works. The under suit I think was okay as far as the pants were concerned. The model has what appears to be pants of a parachute type material and I find a pair of black pants with that kind of finish. But the long sleeve shirt could have been better. Probably a custom top would have to be assembled. I also think a good cape would have made a world of difference but had to settle for what I could find on such short notice.

Couldn't agree more! LOVING your build!!! Once you're able to upgrade your cowl & cape, this is going to ROCK!!! By the way, LOVE the neck mod too! It looks GREAT!!! Did you plasti-dip that like the other parts, or just paint it? As I haven't tried plasti-dip before I was wondering how flexible it is? GREAT JOB, & KEEP THE UP-DATES COMING!!!(y)cool

View attachment 401686View attachment 401687View attachment 401688View attachment 401691

This is basically my finished product. Not sure I'll have any more time devote to this but I'm happy with the results.
if anything I might come back and try my hand at making my own cowl and maybe getting a proper cape. But I hope you guys like it.

Totally agree it turned out awsome i have followed this from start. and have enjoyed every update amazing foam build well done [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

[emoji102]

Couldn't agree more! LOVING your build!!! Once you're able to upgrade your cowl & cape, this is going to ROCK!!! By the way, LOVE the neck mod too! It looks GREAT!!! Did you plasti-dip that like the other parts, or just paint it? As I haven't tried plasti-dip before I was wondering how flexible it is? GREAT JOB, & KEEP THE UP-DATES COMING!!!(y)cool

Thanks man. And to answer your question, yes I plastidipped the neck piece. Plastidip seems to be incredibly flexible. I use about 3 coats ok any piece of paint.

Totally agree it turned out awsome i have followed this from start. and have enjoyed every update amazing foam build well done [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

[emoji102]

Thank you tes. Hopefully I won't be out of the scene for too long but going to take a break. My wife says I've devoted too much time this past month to this. Lol. But I'll be doing my research on what to start next. I'm thinking the arkham knight bat suit but I'm not sure. Finding a proper undersuit for that is going to be difficult.

Last edited:

A brilliant job, been following from the start as well and have to say, I've hit refresh on this thread more than a few times eagerly checking for updates. Great work and I've learned a lot from your build. Thanks and well done. Best of luck on the next project.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the comments, suggestions and advice you've given me through out the process . you all really kept me on track with your enthusiasm as well without in which I probably wouldn't have finished so quickly. As per suggestion I entered my costume into the 2014 Halloween costume contest here on RPF. I was afraid I wasn't going to make the deadline because I did so literally at the last minute. There are a lot of great costumes in the contest but I f your able to vote for mine I would really appreciate it :D
Thanks again guys and good luck to everyone whom submitted their costumes.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back