Batsuit: Arkham Origins V1

Re: Reznor9 Batman: Arkham Origins Costume

image.jpgThis is how I had it harnessed Floyd. All the straps adjustable and attached to parachute buckles.

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Costume

EVA coated with fiberglass or any other coating I've heard of normally turns out to be a horror story. If you want a hard suit, start with a hard material, don't try to make something soft hard. You can always pad the inside of a hard material for comfort.

What sort of materials would you recommend for a suit similar to this one? I've read that motorcycle suits use a combination of steel plates and Kydex but I'm not too positive on what the rest of the non armored areas of the suit are made of (maybe Kevlar), or what kind of Foaming it uses underneath the armor.

Re: WIP - Batman Arkham Origins

View attachment 396090

Note to self. Never use red eva foam if your going to plastidip it black. I should have known thay reds and oranges are the hardest colors to cover up. I've used more dip than I used on some of the other pieces trying to cover up the crevices that still show the red eva foam. I then had to go in with acrylic paint and a paintbrush to get the spots the plastidip wouldn't seep into. Live and learn. I'll try the brown next time if the black isn't available. Right now im working on the boots again. Bought some more elastic so I can pull the shin guards more flush to the boot. I found that hot glue doesn't really stick to the rain boots rubber surface. Even after letting it dry for some time it peels right off. Maybe an epoxy would work. But I'm actually better off with the elastic so they are removable allowing me to reuse the boot for the next build. Also going to try adding some of the grey padding under the armored plates to give it some additional color and dimension.

Scrubbed the idea of placing more grey padding under the armored pieces. Looks kind da cool but makes a squeaking noise when I walk. Lol. Not very batman-ish. :p

You say that there are crevices that show red and orange, but I see no such thing. Here's some advise that my instructor told me: If the audience needs to come closer to see the imperfections, then your doing it right. And these shins...I would've mistaken them for metal shins, given a different background. They're AWESOME!

I second elplac!
After finishing a custom Batsuit a few years ago, I've been itching to pick up a new one and have always thought the Origins suit was a close to perfect as can get. Reznor9, yours is AMAZING.

Hi where Can i Get those files?

I second elplac!
After finishing a custom Batsuit a few years ago, I've been itching to pick up a new one and have always thought the Origins suit was a close to perfect as can get. Reznor9, yours is AMAZING.

Thanks guys but I do not have files as this was a freehandprojrct as are all my projects.
You can always check out my etsy shop link in my signature if you want to pick something up. ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back