Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Never been a fan of the huge bat symbol but overall it looks solid. I'm still not very optimistic about this film because it's Snyder, but this earned him a little more benefit of the doubt from me.

If you think Zach Snyder is going to do Batman better than Nolan did there's no point in even going down the road of trying to have a discussion with you.

Oh no! Someone's excited over aesthetics! I'll set up the stake, you get the torches!

This suit looks rad. I'm not really into the giant bat symbol, but everything else is just so right in my book. I'm also digging the texture; it looks like it can double as high-tech fabric and visceral skin texture. Really really cool.

All the Snyder bashing! Am I the only one who saw Watchmen? Which, while it took some liberties with the material, was flat out, top to bottom amazing? (I enjoyed Man of Steel too, though it's in a different ballpark.)

I loathed 300 and Sucker Punch, loved DotD, Watchmen, and MOS. So Snyder's still a coin toss in my book. I'm willing to be optimistic.

I'm optimistic for this movie, though I get the criticism. Watchmen was great and I liked Man of Steel a bunch, but that still leaves him with a bunch of stinkers.

He's not gonna give us another TDK, but I wish people could stop going on like he's Satan come to destroy cinema.

I really liked Man of Steel A LOT and I also enjoyed 300, but I hated Sucker Punch and Watchmen so I'm only halfway optimistic about how this film will turn out. I just don't think the level of excellence achieved in Nolan's films can be expected here and I still don't like the choice of Affleck as Batman. Time will tell.

I'm optimistic for this movie, though I get the criticism. Watchmen was great and I liked Man of Steel a bunch, but that still leaves him with a bunch of stinkers.

He's not gonna give us another TDK, but I wish people could stop going on like he's Satan come to destroy cinema.

NOLAN couldn't give us another TDK. It's a masterpiece. But I'd bet my bottom dollar Snyder can deliver on par or better than Begins.

I liked 300 and Watchmen, but what do they have in common? Direct adaptations of existing source materials. Snyder is great at visualizing and stylizing what's already a good piece of writing, but give him even an inch of gap that he needs someone on his team to fill in creatively, and his output suffers. So unless BvS is going to be a direct adaptation of Miller's TDKR (which it's not), I'm going to keep my expectations low.

And at Snyder's best with those 2 films, neither of them even hold a candle to BB and TDK.

I had to colorize these to see what they could look like in a few classic colors
affleck-batman-2.png

affleck-batman-1.png

I get the feeling they'll stick with the black and gray - Supes and presumably WW will both have blue covered. I'm still disappointed the belt is a darker color, hoping they change it to gold or something prior to filming.

I love the new suit - would love it even more if they had colored the bat symbol the same color as the cowl and cape. It's too much grey on his chest - there needs to be something there to break it all up

Funny, the piping seems to be a bit random at places, almost like the suit has been re-sewn together multiple times. Or is it scars pushing through the same way Cavill's veins show through his suit ? Anyway nice colorisation, but I don't think the belt will be yellow, it would appear lighter on the original pic if it was the vase I believe. Black or dark metal would be my guess. And I hope it's black and grey, not blue and grey.
One thing is sure : finding him in a dark alley would scare the cr*p out of me, they nailed that !

If you think Zach Snyder is going to do Batman better than Nolan did there's no point in even going down the road of trying to have a discussion with you.

Nolan did Batman great. I love those movies. I never was a fan of TDK and TDKR suits. The BB one I liked a lot. I wish they could've stuck with it but it was changed due to practical reasons. (both for Bale as an actor and Batman himself)

Nolan did Batman great. I love those movies. I never was a fan of TDK and TDKR suits. The BB one I liked a lot. I wish they could've stuck with it but it was changed due to practical reasons. (both for Bale as an actor and Batman himself)

Cool. I must have misunderstood your post. :thumbsup

Well this'll be the first time Batman will look like Batman,the '89 version started the whole armor thing and this looks more closer to the comics which is a nice change.

Really doesn't makes sense for him to be wearing heavy armor since he has to move around and be stealthy a kevlar bodysuit would suffice for him.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back