Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Post-release)

See. Zach Snyder gets you in so many ways. His douchness knows no bounds. :lol
Speaking of which, when I tried to download my digital copy of The Watchmen from the Blu-ray it said that the digital copy date is expired. I've never seen that before. Digital copies with a shelf-life?

Speaking of which, when I tried to download my digital copy of The Watchmen from the Blu-ray it said that the digital copy date is expired. I've never seen that before. Digital copies with a shelf-life?

Whoa. I have NEVER seen that before. Man. That sucks big time.

I personally hope that it goes beyond that, what was cool about the graphic novel was that the struggle between Thanos and the rest was existential and it basically ended up being Thanos against himself. But since Warlock isnt going to in them, hopefully vision will fill that gap.

I have a feeling Adam Warlock will show up. Might be in Guardians 2, might be in Ragnarok, might be in Captain Marvel... But I think he's a little too integral to the original story to leave him out. Also, we have to soon start getting details on Thanos' obsession with Death and his wanting to make a sacrifice of the entire universe to try to win her love (he's immortal, thus she spurns him -- or vice versa). We have a lot more heavy hitters to bring into play. Guardians 1 teased us with the Celestials, the Asgardians WOULD bring a lot to the table, but we'll have to see the end result of Ragnarok.

DC seriously needs to contemplate something establishing more of the cosmic end of the DCU in films, so we have a context for Apokalips and Darkseid. So far, apart from Supes, we haven't dealt with any of the aliens in the current DCCU -- not the Green Lantern Corps, not Thanagar, not the Martian Manhunter, not the Legion of Super Heroes, not Mr. Miracle...

--Jonah

I have a feeling Adam Warlock will show up. Might be in Guardians 2, might be in Ragnarok, might be in Captain Marvel... But I think he's a little too integral to the original story to leave him out. Also, we have to soon start getting details on Thanos' obsession with Death and his wanting to make a sacrifice of the entire universe to try to win her love (he's immortal, thus she spurns him -- or vice versa). We have a lot more heavy hitters to bring into play. Guardians 1 teased us with the Celestials, the Asgardians WOULD bring a lot to the table, but we'll have to see the end result of Ragnarok.

DC seriously needs to contemplate something establishing more of the cosmic end of the DCU in films, so we have a context for Apokalips and Darkseid. So far, apart from Supes, we haven't dealt with any of the aliens in the current DCCU -- not the Green Lantern Corps, not Thanagar, not the Martian Manhunter, not the Legion of Super Heroes, not Mr. Miracle...

--Jonah

I really hope he does. I mean, I would accept Vision as his substitute, but man. I would really love to see Adam Warlock on screen. Well, to be the nerd here, he isnt immortal, he dies, then she ressurects him for her nefarious plans. But of course that isnt going to happen. I really hope that the worshipping death angle comes into play. If he does the snap of his fingers bit, I might lose my mind! Yeah, I agree, Ragnarok should be interesting.

Agree with you there again. And Supes is alien, although he looks human. I would really like to see some of the obscure Green Lantern aliens, I always liked their character designs in the comics and tv shows. But I think we can all agree that DC needs to step their game up in the cosmic department.

I just suffered through this turd last night. I knew going in that I was probably not going to like it, but it was almost unwatchable. I figured that like Man of Steel there would be sequences that I would really enjoy, but this was too long, too depressing, and ultimately to poorly made to be any good.

The editing was very choppy and really lacked any natural rhythm where it felt like each scene build upon the one that preceded it. It just felt very disjointed. I at the least expected Snyder to be able to tell a coherent story. Even if 300, or Watchmen were not perfect, they were at the least interesting films with some fun scenes or small character moments, but this was just hard to watch. And I know it's been said to death, but it's so very true. Ben Affleck is no Batman. Not by a long shot. Maybe if the script were any good, he may have done ok, but man was this not it. The score itself was so out of place too. Whoever edited this movie needs to really learn from this one. It was just all over the place.

Did you watch the UC or the theatrical ? Because it's been well establish the theatrical cut is badly edited because of too much missing footage ! Won't fix the story if you don't like it, but it does flow much better.

I really hope he does. I mean, I would accept Vision as his substitute, but man. I would really love to see Adam Warlock on screen. Well, to be the nerd here, he isnt immortal, he dies, then she ressurects him for her nefarious plans. But of course that isnt going to happen. I really hope that the worshipping death angle comes into play. If he does the snap of his fingers bit, I might lose my mind! Yeah, I agree, Ragnarok should be interesting.

Agree with you there again. And Supes is alien, although he looks human. I would really like to see some of the obscure Green Lantern aliens, I always liked their character designs in the comics and tv shows. But I think we can all agree that DC needs to step their game up in the cosmic department.

I agree :)eek).

Not entirely though.

We are two films in to the DCEU. I think a lot of people forget that... We have a humanoid alien, an alien invasion, 20 minutes of footage from another planet, a dream sequence involving alien creatures that are definitely weird/not human looking (parademons). And I agree with you - I want more. Definitely.

Two films into the MCU we had nothing extraterrestrial at all.

So saying they need to step up their game in the cosmic department...is a tad harsh dont you think?

Totally want more of it though. I want a full film about a Thanagarian war, involving Savage, the JL, and Young Justice!

In terms of the film slate, Wonder Woman I think will give us a further look at Motherboxes at some point, and we will learn more about the gods - Zeus etc. And part of me is still convinced that Zeus is Highfather. Which would mean we'd get more cosmic connection. Justice League will definitely get more alien stuff with Steppenwolf etc along the same timeline slate wise that Marvel did their first "alien invasion" and Thanos first look will probably align with Darkseid first hint.

Last edited:
I agree :)eek).

Not entirely though.

We are two films in to the DCEU. I think a lot of people forget that... We have a humanoid alien, an alien invasion, 20 minutes of footage from another planet, a dream sequence involving alien creatures that are definitely weird/not human looking (parademons). And I agree with you - I want more. Definitely.

Two films into the MCU we had nothing extraterrestrial at all.

So saying they need to step up their game in the cosmic department...is a tad harsh dont you think?

Totally want more of it though. I want a full film about a Thanagarian war, involving Savage, the JL, and Young Justice!

In terms of the film slate, Wonder Woman I think will give us a further look at Motherboxes at some point, and we will learn more about the gods - Zeus etc. And part of me is still convinced that Zeus is Highfather. Which would mean we'd get more cosmic connection. Justice League will definitely get more alien stuff with Steppenwolf etc along the same timeline slate wise that Marvel did their first "alien invasion" and Thanos first look will probably align with Darkseid first hint.

Haha we agreed on something! For the most part. ;)

I know Kryptonians are aliens, but since they look completely human I kind of discount that, but technically youre right.

Right again, but since DC is trying to catch up to marvel, I would hope they would throw some extra stuff in there. Thanagarian war would be rad!

Im still on the fence if Im going to see Justice League. I told myself I wouldnt watch another Zack Snyder movie ever again. :behave

Haha we agreed on something! For the most part. ;)

I know Kryptonians are aliens, but since they look completely human I kind of discount that, but technically youre right.

Right again, but since DC is trying to catch up to marvel, I would hope they would throw some extra stuff in there. Thanagarian war would be rad!

Im still on the fence if Im going to see Justice League. I told myself I wouldnt watch another Zack Snyder movie ever again. :behave

You'll see it at some point, of course. And I know the cinema money can sometimes be a bit of a commitment, especially if its family tickets etc. But I look at it like this..I love film. I love watching films. I want a great experience. The actual medium is quite important, and I'd much rather pay a little to get that cinema experience. Theres a few films that just wouldnt be done justice (PUNNNNNN) in a small home screen.

Dont miss out on a potentially great experience by giving in to hate - but at the same time, you're not getting on well with this interpretation and not THAT much is going to change. So perhaps best just to download when possible?

You'll see it at some point, of course. And I know the cinema money can sometimes be a bit of a commitment, especially if its family tickets etc. But I look at it like this..I love film. I love watching films. I want a great experience. The actual medium is quite important, and I'd much rather pay a little to get that cinema experience. Theres a few films that just wouldnt be done justice (PUNNNNNN) in a small home screen.

Dont miss out on a potentially great experience by giving in to hate - but at the same time, you're not getting on well with this interpretation and not THAT much is going to change. So perhaps best just to download when possible?

Youre right again, I know I will see it one way or another. Especially now since tickets in my area are 14 dollars! Can you believe that?! Thats extortion! I love film as well, and I want to get into the industry, but now a days the only way to get your voice heard is with your wallet. And of course my 14 bucks isnt going to make or break a film, but at least its not part of the crowd that saw it and blew their money on it. Like Solo4114 said in a different thread, thats what they bank on, everyone seeing it once. The cinema expierience in my neck of the woods has been frustrating lately. People hootin and hollerin and talking in the theatre takes me out of it. We had to leave the other day because a bunch of jerks wouldnt shut the hell up in a horror movie. Nice pun though! Thats the bummer. People ruin the expierence for me.

Or, Ill let my friends buy the blu ray then Ill watch it then haha! ;)

Fawbish, agree-ish. My point was more that... *thinks* No aliens at all in the first three films of the MCU (although we find out after the fact that the "new element" Tony synthesized in IM2 is reverse-engineered alien tech). Then we got a handful of human-looking aliens, most in funny outfits, a giant robot, a funny meteorite, and some celtic-knot crop circles, all confined to the middle of nowhere New Mexico (yes, the audience saw Asgard and Jotunheim, but no Earthers did. No real extraterrestrial stuff, either, in the next one, except an artifact related to the aliens in the prior film. Then, the sixth film in we get an alien invasion and the introduction of Thanos...

Only to not really do much with it.

It raised the stakes and made Our Heroes aware that there's something going on out there other than the Asgardians, who want to protect us. But all of the MCU Phase II was continuing to develop our existing heroes, introduce a couple new ones and potential new ones (Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon, Ant-Man, etc.), and also set up some more of the cosmic trappings in a not-overwhelming way (Guardians gave us the Kree, Zandarians, the Nova Corps, explained the Infinity Stones, hinted at great cosmic powers like the celestials), and by the end of Phase II we're only now starting on the actual road to the Infinity War, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a few films into Phase III before that starts to get apparent.

Yeah, the DCCU threw us into things with a humanoid alien and an invasion of his people right in the first film, and then the second hinted at larger alien threats coming that a couple people, at least, know about. I don't know how much Suicide Squad or WW will deal with cosmic things. Like you, I also hope Zeus is Highfather. Not sure how I'd feel about the literal Greek gods being literally real. *shrug* But the implication in the JL teaser is that Bruce is now out acting on his dream/telepathic warning and assembling the people to face the coming threat. I don't know how much of that will be revealed in JL Part 1, though. I hope they continue to develop the characters and gradually introduce more cosmic stuff to help further establish the scale of the danger. I hope they don't reveal Darkseid too soon...

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I could tell....Flash was a dream the same as the whole desert thing,one of those weird nightmares that stops and goes so it may not have anything to do with anything.

I just rented it last night on iTunes and I haven't finished it yet... but, the Flash sequence probably was not a dream sequence since Bruce didn't have prior knowledge of Barry at that point, and Barry kept saying that he was 'too soon'.

I think you'd have to be a DC comics fan/reader to get the nod.... which I *think* was to this sequence in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths:

Crisis+on+Infinite+Earths+TPB++-+Page+230.jpg

I just rented it last night on iTunes and I haven't finished it yet... but, the Flash sequence probably was not a dream sequence since Bruce didn't have prior knowledge of Barry at that point, and Barry kept saying that he was 'too soon'.

So why the 'waking up' shot?

I started watchign the extended version in the middle of the night and I gotta say, it's WAY better. There's a better flow and the plot makes much more sense

I started watchign the extended version in the middle of the night and I gotta say, it's WAY better. There's a better flow and the plot makes much more sense

Good to know... I just finished my rental off of iTunes and there were so many plot holes/questions as to character motivations, etc.

Good to know... I just finished my rental off of iTunes and there were so many plot holes/questions as to character motivations, etc.

I only watched the first hour (I had to stop at 3am....work the next day and everything) but both the intro where Bruce was watching superman fight Zod and the whole thing with Lois in the middle east made so much more sense. It felt like you were watching a real movie

The added half hour really makes it a much better movie. If someone with some editing skills could throw out all the awesome moments Snyder is so enraptured with, they could easily trim this down to 90 mins and still have a much better film than the initial theatrical release ...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back