Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Post-release)

I gotta say, I'm glad I have no idea what some of these comic characters were meant to be... cuz I quite enjoyed the weirdness of the Mandarin... but I 100% get it if they ruined it.

Sometimes I wish I was under that veil. But then again, I wouldnt squeeee with delight like I did when I saw a few things. When they showed Thanos at the end of Avengers I almost blacked out. So. Rad.

Just finished the extended cut. Never saw it in the theater so I can't comment on the theatrical cut. I guess I am still trying to decide if I liked it or not. If someone were to ask me right now if it was a good movie, all I could say is there is some good parts in it. I think maybe someone could do a fan edit of the extended cut and produce a pretty decent movie.

Cut out ALL the stupid dream sequences! I didn't see a need for any of those.
The movie is just too laborious. I just kept thinking "Is anything going to ever actually happen in this movie?"
Cut out every single low motion shot in the movie. The director must feel that in order for something to have emotional impact it must be slowed down to be symbolic.
I don't know what you could do about Luthor, other than just cut out 90% of his dialogue. What a total miscast! I feel that during the filming someone was probably telling him his performance was going to be the next Heath Ledger--WRONG!!
Cut out all those endings. This movie has more endings than Lord of the Rings.

I will agree with most that Ben makes a great Batman. Maybe they should have just done his solo Batman movie first.

"Bruce! Listen to me now. It’s Lois. Lois Lane! She’s the key! Am I too soon!? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You were always right about him! Fear him! Fear him and find us. You have to come find us, Bruce!"

I just rented this off of Google Play.....I liked it,like what DC is doing movie wise (finally!) and....I liked Wonder Woman,a lot,she's got that crazy person in a fight who LIKES tearing some bad person/thing a new orifice so I'm in for her film next year for sure and I'll probably like it just the same.

Honestly amazing such a turn around.

"Bruce! Listen to me now. It’s Lois. Lois Lane! She’s the key! Am I too soon!? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You were always right about him! Fear him! Fear him and find us. You have to come find us, Bruce!"

I wonder if she'll actually die, didn't read the comics, so I have no idea xD

They're not following the comics faithfully,BVS was....a mix of several story lines that DC has made the last,oh,about thirty years at least that I know of.

And knowing what I do about American comics it seems everybody's died once and come back (hell Superman is about to do just that on the big screen)

My vote is,doubt it.

Wasn't the whole point that Flash was wrong as it wasn't Lois, it was Martha who, if she died, would have put Superman on the dark path?
In the future Apokalypse dream, Superman tells Bruce "She was my world" (or something like that) but he never actually says Lois. We know if Bruce didn't work with Superman after kicking his arse that Martha would have been killed which would have fulfilled that prophecy.

Yeah I don't know! I just don't understand the flash appearance x) Unless he's warning for something that would happen in another movie...

From what I could tell....Flash was a dream the same as the whole desert thing,one of those weird nightmares that stops and goes so it may not have anything to do with anything.

I have a major gripe about BvS's digital "copy" that comes with the blu-ray. All WB movies use Ultraviolet which is a complete POS. It's incompatible with iTunes and UV (and it's associated other apps) requres a WiFi connection to stream only and the copy is a cruddy resolution. I gave them money for the blu-ray and basically they're telling me the only way to watch it is on a blu-ray player. If I want to watch it on my iPhone in HD I have to buy the digital copy on iTunes. That's just worthless. Just my rant. It's just enough to get someone to start pirating just to watch a movie they paid for.

I have a major gripe about BvS's digital "copy" that comes with the blu-ray. All WB movies use Ultraviolet which is a complete POS. It's incompatible with iTunes and UV (and it's associated other apps) requres a WiFi connection to stream only and the copy is a cruddy resolution. I gave them money for the blu-ray and basically they're telling me the only way to watch it is on a blu-ray player. If I want to watch it on my iPhone in HD I have to buy the digital copy on iTunes. That's just worthless. Just my rant. It's just enough to get someone to start pirating just to watch a movie they paid for.
I do agree - I find ultraviolet and other services to be practically useless, I want an actual digital copy that I can put into my library... not use yet another service or another app. To make it even worse and more confusing, you can legally back-up or create a personal copy of your blu ray - but, you can't legally circumvent the encryption :confused.

However, the box was clearly labeled Ultraviolet and not iTunes and really doesn't give one the excuse to pirate. Still, frustrating as all hell.

BTW, I've had issues even watching the blu ray - it wouldn't work on the 2 players I used (although I did finally get it to work on my desktop after downloading another program to watch blu rays).

From what I could tell....Flash was a dream the same as the whole desert thing,one of those weird nightmares that stops and goes so it may not have anything to do with anything.

So he dreamed of Flash... before ever meeting him? I don't think so.
I hope they have some good way of explaining that in future movies.
Kind of like with the Flash TV show and the animated shows, I wonder if they'll use be using alternate reality/Infinite Earth storylines. Feels like they should based on the "dream" sequence in BvS. THAT could actually be decent. Marvel is already working toward the big battle with Thanos who is pretty similar to Darkseid. Why not do something different than the "team joins up to battle a really powerful alien that wants to conquer the planet/galaxy/universe"?

So he dreamed of Flash... before ever meeting him? I don't think so.
I hope they have some good way of explaining that in future movies.
Kind of like with the Flash TV show and the animated shows, I wonder if they'll use be using alternate reality/Infinite Earth storylines. Feels like they should based on the "dream" sequence in BvS. THAT could actually be decent. Marvel is already working toward the big battle with Thanos who is pretty similar to Darkseid. Why not do something different than the "team joins up to battle a really powerful alien that wants to conquer the planet/galaxy/universe"?

I personally hope that it goes beyond that, what was cool about the graphic novel was that the struggle between Thanos and the rest was existential and it basically ended up being Thanos against himself. But since Warlock isnt going to in them, hopefully vision will fill that gap.

BTW, I've had issues even watching the blu ray - it wouldn't work on the 2 players I used (although I did finally get it to work on my desktop after downloading another program to watch blu rays).
I had the same problems when I try to play it on my laptop. The software has a weird error that says I need to update. When I update it says I'm up to date. Then when I try to play it again it asks me to check for updates again.
This is ridiculous.

I had the same problems when I try to play it on my laptop. The software has a weird error that says I need to update. When I update it says I'm up to date. Then when I try to play it again it asks me to check for updates again.
This is ridiculous.

See. Zach Snyder gets you in so many ways. His douchness knows no bounds. :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back