Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Post-release)

Batman started off using a gun in the comics and later refused to use one. It's not like any of this is new to the world of Batman.
He started off with a gun because they hadn't really figured out his character yet. He's been anti-murder for 60 years.
Tim Burton really didn't care about any of that. He just wanted a self-contained action flick

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He started off with a gun because they hadn't really figured out his character yet. He's been anti-murder for 60 years.
Tim Burton really didn't care about any of that. He just wanted a self-contained action flick

I also think it was to make Batman a bit more kid friendly like the Lone Ranger.
Burton was inspired by The Dark Knight Returns so he went the darker route with the story.

And just when he is starting to cross the line into villainy he meets Superman and Wonder Woman and forms the Justice League which reigns him in and helps him keep his morals ( giving Alfred a break)

It's called story telling , character arch .

tim burton is always dark :)

Yeah because Keaton's Batman never blew up a factory full of lackeys or shot some cronies with the guns on the Batwing. Certainly Bale's Batman never hurt Ducard by not taking him off the train or running over police cars or blowing up who knows how many members of the League of Shadows. Damn pacifists they were.
Keatons Batman is based on the same comic ZS used for this batman...soooo its kind of the same thing. I was a kid when Keaton Batman came out, and I didnt know that much about Batman at all really, just what was from the movies. After I started reading the comics and understanding the essence of Batman and the character, I realized he was just trying to appease to a broad audience, and at the time the keaton movie was made, DKR was tearing up the charts and selling tons of books. Of course they are going to make a movie based on that iteration of the character. Bales Batman was a little different, in the sense he would say "Im not going to kill this guy" then blows up the League of Shadows, or when he is driving the tumbler and wrecking cars and blowing **** up left and right. He was a bit reckless, but it could be said because he was new at it since he started out. Like Superman in MoS, how he didnt try and take the fight to less populated areas when they first started fighting etc. But the true essence of character, is that Batman doesnt kill, and he doesnt use guns. Like someone messaged, its been that way for around 60 years.

Keatons Batman is based on the same comic ZS used for this batman...soooo its kind of the same thing. I was a kid when Keaton Batman came out, and I didnt know that much about Batman at all really, just what was from the movies. After I started reading the comics and understanding the essence of Batman and the character, I realized he was just trying to appease to a broad audience, and at the time the keaton movie was made, DKR was tearing up the charts and selling tons of books. Of course they are going to make a movie based on that iteration of the character. Bales Batman was a little different, in the sense he would say "Im not going to kill this guy" then blows up the League of Shadows, or when he is driving the tumbler and wrecking cars and blowing **** up left and right. He was a bit reckless, but it could be said because he was new at it since he started out. Like Superman in MoS, how he didnt try and take the fight to less populated areas when they first started fighting etc. But the true essence of character, is that Batman doesnt kill, and he doesnt use guns. Like someone messaged, its been that way for around 60 years.

I highly recommend Batman: Year One (also written by Frank Miller) for anyone who wants a really good primer about the character and motivations...

I highly recommend Batman: Year One (also written by Frank Miller) for anyone who wants a really good primer about the character and motivations...

I personally think the Dark Knight Returns is rather over rated, but i'm willing to check out anything of one issue once.

is there only one 'year one' or has it been rebooted a few times since then ? :)

I've been having fun checking out 'the Batman Chronicles' i don't know if they stopped those....i should keep up on it again.

I personally think the Dark Knight Returns is rather over rated, but i'm willing to check out anything of one issue once.

is there only one 'year one' or has it been rebooted a few times since then ? :)

I've been having fun checking out 'the Batman Chronicles' i don't know if they stopped those....i should keep up on it again.

It's a four-issue story arc in the the pre-52 Batman comic - #404-407; but it's been reprinted as a standalone graphic novel a few times... well worth the read...

747747.jpg

I'm not so much on my Batman lore, but I've been rereading all my old Batman from the 70s. He may not have outright killed, but there are plenty of times people were killed directly by his actions, and he had no remorse whatsoever about it.

I was also just reading one where he teamed up with an old Sgt. Rock and there was this double agent thing going on. At the end it was one of those "which one is really the bad guy" moments where Sgt Rock didn't know if Batman was bad or the other guy. Batman is screaming "Rock, shoot him, kill him, kill him!" And Rock does shoot and kill the guy.

Don't just take it at face value that Batman doesn't kill. Lots of those late 60s early 70s Batman comics were pretty violent and intense. This was the anti hero era and Bats did plenty of stuff he could never get away with in today's comics. The "legend" that he hasn't killed since the 40s is kind of incorrect.

I'm not so much on my Batman lore, but I've been rereading all my old Batman from the 70s. He may not have outright killed, but there are plenty of times people were killed directly by his actions, and he had no remorse whatsoever about it.

I was also just reading one where he teamed up with an old Sgt. Rock and there was this double agent thing going on. At the end it was one of those "which one is really the bad guy" moments where Sgt Rock didn't know if Batman was bad or the other guy. Batman is screaming "Rock, shoot him, kill him, kill him!" And Rock does shoot and kill the guy.

Don't just take it at face value that Batman doesn't kill. Lots of those late 60s early 70s Batman comics were pretty violent and intense. This was the anti hero era and Bats did plenty of stuff he could never get away with in today's comics. The "legend" that he hasn't killed since the 40s is kind of incorrect.

http://www.cbr.com/15-times-batman-killed-someone-in-the-comics/

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back