AVATAR-land coming to Disney Animal Kingdom

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First Look: AVATAR to Come to Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom « Disney Parks Blog

Wait until papa smurf hears about this.

I hated the movie and people acting like it was a new story. The loons crying over the movie and stupid things in it. I have always enjoy the animal kingdom and have a friend of the family that is a vet there. She isn't thrilled with it either. If she wasn't working in the park, I would likely never go there again now.

Anyone else find it incredibly ironic that they're building Avatar Land in a theme park that commercializes nature? :lol

I know Avatar made a crap ton of money and blah blah blah, but isn't it kinda old hat at this point? Is it still considered some major pop culture touchstone? Who was clamoring for this? I can't tell you the last time someone told me "yeah, I was watching Avatar last night." I can easily remember the last time someone took pot shots at its plot however. Does Avatar have the popularity still to demand a theme park? Am I out of the loop?

What dose avatar have to do with animals? I can understand dinosaurs, but come on. I have to admit, Epcot and Animal Kingdom have been my favorites for years, it would be sad to see the animal king change in this fashion.

Almost a decade later, do kids today know what Avatar is?

I thought most people felt the same way about that movie: it was worth the ticket price to see some ground breaking special effects (for the time), and pretty much felt no need to ever see movie with generic plot and crappy writing ever again.

Almost a decade later, do kids today know what Avatar is?

I thought most people felt the same way about that movie: it was worth the ticket price to see some ground breaking special effects (for the time), and pretty much felt no need to ever see movie with generic plot and crappy writing ever again.

This is what I don't understand about this park. I really enjoyed "Avatar" in the theater, even it's plot and story, but I've never bothered to watch it again, save one night when it was halfway through on HBO and there was nothing else on.

Then the sequels? Every time Cameron mentions them they get delayed again. Last I read it had been moved into December of 2018, with filming set to start this coming spring...but who knows...

So, as of now they have built an entire theme park dedicated to a single film that may or may not turn into a franchise.

Seems just strange to me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back