ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

At least you show and take the fire.

After some of the comments, some fair and some beyond stupid, I was worried you would not come back. Kudos to you for showing up, but let's get these guys their stuff already. Kick some butt, lite some fires, etc.

This is good news. It may not be what we all want to hear but at least there is an explanation.

I am really pulling for Anovos since I think EFX is dead and Propshop is out of my price range.

I have a Premiere Kylo helmet, Premiere TFA Stormy helmet and 1/1 OT Stormy kit on payment or pre-order so I am really hoping Anovos can get it all sorted out. Plus I got big plans for down the line so lets ship some stuff. :thumbsup

Last edited:
Sounds like most of the delays have to do with the back and forth of Lucasfilm approvals, and not the actual manufacturing of products, as some of the conspiracy theorists have been theorizing here.

Currently waiting on a TFA TIE helmet, TFA Stormtrooper helmet, and Kylo Ren lid, and hoping at least one of they might show up before the new year.

Got Maul, any idea if the premiere Kylo Ren ensemble might be offered for sale again? I see that there's a standard version coming and some sort of wool tunic (don't recall what exactly that is.)

At least you show and take the fire.

After some of the comments, some fair and some beyond stupid, I was worried you would not come back. Kudos to you for showing up, but let's get these guys their stuff already. Kick some butt, lite some fires, etc.

This is good news. It may not be what we all want to hear but at least there is an explanation.

I am really pulling for Anovos since I think EFX is dead and Propshop is out of my price range.

I have a Premiere Kylo helmet, Premiere TFA Stormy helmet and 1/1 OT Stormy kit on payment or pre-order so I am really hoping Anovos can get it all sorted out. Plus I got big plans for down the line so lets ship some stuff. :thumbsup

Thanks, just trying our very best. I can guarantee you that.

The Kylo Ren helmets are actually finished in china. The product is amazing ! They are awaiting box and the approval from LF to release, after they've reviewed the complete package that goes out to consumer. Unfortunately, any of the hard stops that requires LF's approval is about two weeks. We will email the buyers additional information.

I can't wait for you to see this one. It really is the best helmet, I personally think, we have done.

Sounds like most of the delays have to do with the back and forth of Lucasfilm approvals, and not the actual manufacturing of products, as some of the conspiracy theorists have been theorizing here.

Currently waiting on a TFA TIE helmet, TFA Stormtrooper helmet, and Kylo Ren lid, and hoping at least one of they might show up before the new year.

Got Maul, any idea if the premiere Kylo Ren ensemble might be offered for sale again? I see that there's a standard version coming and some sort of wool tunic (don't recall what exactly that is.)

TFA Tie is awaiting the production master to be approved by LF to hit go in China, TFA ST Helmet Production I believe is having one last detail worked on that was caught by our QC. Once this is done, it will go to LF for distribution approval. KR lid is above.

While not most of the delays have to do with LF, there are a significant amount of steps to get reviewed and approved. Unfortunately, every step can take minimally two weeks unless a special concession is made....and those are a lot of steps.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as misinformation goes we can only rely on what we see or are told for example live chat told me the Imperial officers are shipping and told my friend something else

This happens when a quality check or approval stop occurs. An item can literally be green lit, but then held back if our in-house QC people catch something. In the case of the IO's packaging was not done right and not exactly what was submitted and approved to LF. This is an internal mistake, but it does happen.

Want to talk about an assembly line... Okay, let's F'in talk about it...

The assembly line was first mechanized in the U.S. by Eli Whitney, in 1797, who also patented a type of cotton gin. Whitney began using the assembly line to manufacture muskets that had interchangeable parts. He was then contracted to supply 10,000 muskets for the U.S. government in two years.​

Ahem..

Over 200 years ago Eli Whitney was able to make 10,000 muskets in 2 years. It has been over 2 years, and Anovos have yet to manufacture even one production complete Solo rig.

Don't you even dare try to compare something as efficient and effective as an assemble line with something as f'ed up as Anovos.
I was using the steps in an assembly line as an analogy. If there are 10 steps it is most efficient to start on the next item after the previous item goes to the next step. Having the earlier steps do nothing will not get an item through quicker. At it's most efficient there would be 10 items on the line at a time.

In the case of prop companies, I seriously doubt the people who design new products have much to do with the manufacturing or distribution of earlier products. There is no point in not working on any new products until all of the previously ordered products have been delivered. If they did that there wouldn't be very many products released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

View attachment 671017

Again, clarity and for the sake of spreading misinformation : Those are the THREE HOLE solo belts and NOT holsters. If anyone has an order where they are wiating on the TFA Helmet or Shadow trooper helmet (as single helmets) or Droid callers please post here and email me as well. You might have very well slipped through the cracks but our records indicate that all have been fulfilled.

I await your post and email as this has my personal attention.

Is the smallest Han Solo 3 Hole Belt you sell 36" - 38"? You don't have any smaller than that?

Waist Hip
Small 36"-38"31"
Medium 40"-42"32"
Large 44"-46"33"
Extra Large 48"-50"34"
2X-Large 52"-54"35"

Want to talk about an assembly line... Okay, let's F'in talk about it...
The assembly line was first mechanized in the U.S. by Eli Whitney, in 1797, who also patented a type of cotton gin. Whitney began using the assembly line to manufacture muskets that had interchangeable parts. He was then contracted to supply 10,000 muskets for the U.S. government in two years.

Ahem..

Over 200 years ago Eli Whitney was able to make 10,000 muskets in 2 years. It has been over 2 years, and Anovos have yet to manufacture even one production complete Solo rig.

Don't you even dare try to compare something as efficient and effective as an assemble line with something as f'ed up as Anovos.k

I would also like to add in this over-simplified assumption of my business is that we are not making one thing that commands the same technique every time. Brian Mariotti (Funko's CEO) playfully gested that he could make 1200 products in the same time it takes for one outfit from Anovos . While this IS true (and it is Funko), the differences are in the fact that when we make products/ full costumes this is nowhere near a standardized product and hardly ever comes from one manufacturing source. Vader alone came from FIVE different factories and three countries: a leather factory, a machine factory, soft goods factory, and fiberglass factory and custom packaging factory. Each one of the items demanded its own production team and each one experienced its own delays and set backs. Now, try choreographing five companies and three countries into one timeline and also try doing this for the first time ever as your own company. Yeah, it really stunk and we and our faithful customers paid the price for our naivete.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kylo Ren helmets are actually finished in china. The product is amazing ! They are awaiting box and the approval from LF to release, after they've reviewed the complete package that goes out to consumer. Unfortunately, any of the hard stops that requires LF's approval is about two weeks. We will email the buyers additional information.

I can't wait for you to see this one. It really is the best helmet, I personally think, we have done.

I can't wait. I also can't believe this dang thing grew on me so much. I could not stand it at first. Very excited.

Oh, I got that. I'm telling you your analogy sucked.

Not to mention that in your analogy, the items started first, would get finished first. Once again.... not Anovos.

Strong words Frank. Now you're just attacking people in this thread. Keep your eyes on me, hombre.

I am just wondering why you are still in this thread. I get that you're angry over your one order with us but your quips and analogies just seem very destructive and not constructive to this thread. I am trying to make some solid steps in improving our communication and answering people's frustrations, yet you seem to just list your unceasing gripes about our situation and unintentionally (or intentionally) trying to make things worse. Now you are attacking people for just trying to have a counter argument to yours.

Seriously, if this is causing you such stress and grief, why not just refund your money and never do business with me again? Do you think you deserve something more for your time ?Heck, I will send you a droid caller and your money back to compensate for time lost. We can go about our separate ways (to never do business again) and I can get back to constructively trying to get things back on the tracks.

Anyway, all, you don't need to worry about me going away. I never did so in over the ten years plus here and won't start disappearing now. Keep your questions coming .

I can tell you that based off the conversations here I've already instituted two internal systems to track products and get you emailed updates. We've worked over-time in the last two months to get these new systems in place and you should be expecting emails soon.

When the discussion is constructive we can get things done.

I am just wondering why you are still in this thread.

That's funny, I was wondering the same thing about you. Because your presence hasn't solved a single thing. You blame everyone else, Disney/LFL for upholding you to quality, China for being so far away, customers because they are angry, and even your own marketing department because you "tried to tell them".

I have a droid caller already thank you. When I saw you were going to make yours with plastic, I went to DEC and asked if they could do one as their next project. And they did and it is beautiful... and I got it in a just a few months too.

No buddy, you're not getting off the hook that easy.

I got a really crazy idea. Now try to follow along if you can as I know it will be a completely new idea. Instead of bribing me to leave Anovos along with a droid caller, how about you instead...

...SEND ME THE PRODUCT IN WHICH I PAID FOR OVER TWO YEARS AGO!!!

Then I will leave you alone.

Will the last known high shipping prices be standard from now on?

If yes i assume your sales outside the US will go down to nearly none, which sane mind would pay close to 500 shipping for a 550$ item, and then additional 20% customs on the 1050?

Or is that a mistake in your system?

I have a droid caller already thank you. When I saw you were going to make yours with plastic, I went to DEC and asked if they could do one as their next project. And they did and it is beautiful.

Hmm, Frank ... but you know DEC is using the wrong material and has wrong details, too? In fact it´s not better, just way more expensive. That´s not really "beautyfull" in my books.

Anyway, all, you don't need to worry about me going away. I never did so in over the ten years plus here and won't start disappearing now. Keep your questions coming .

Is the smallest Han Solo 3 Hole Belt you sell 36" - 38"? You don't have any smaller than that?
Waist Hip
Small36"-38"31"
Medium40"-42"32"
Large44"-46"33"
Extra Large48"-50"34"
2X-Large52"-54"35"

Don't care. I'm not a prop snob. I know what I like.

Like what you want, but it´s still a very high price for what is delivered.

Had this discussion with several friends who thought it was a good offer - and each one of them got a real one for under DECs price after i convinced them to have some patience and faith to go on the hunt for the real deal.

The Anovos is not better, but at least it has a price in the range a replica should have, under the real ones.

Waist Hip
Small36"-38"31"
Medium40"-42"32"
Large44"-46"33"
Extra Large48"-50"34"
2X-Large52"-54"35"

I am looking at this now. I am going to get this double checked. I am a solid 34" on my pant size and our medium fits me perfect. Give me a sec and will get back to you.

Well, I wont get in the middle of any personal stuff happening, but speaking only for myself: your presence here has made a big difference in my confidence levels in the company.

And since you invited it, I have a question:

1) With the droid caller: is this a permanent fixture or a limited time only thing? I might like one, but it's not the best time for me right now. Will they still be around in the Spring?

Negative Waves.jpg

Just want to chime in here and say what a good experience I had with Anovos. I ordered an OT TK kit on March 19, 2016, and received my kit on March 25. Quick and painless, great communication, fast shipping, etc... I cut out about a quarter of the pieces back in April, and then life just found a way of getting in the way. Since Halloween is getting closer and closer, a few weeks back I decided to pick it up again. I got all the pieces trimmed, and am currently assembling the arms. Hopefully I'll get this sucker done in time for this year. We'll see.

SB

Actually you were gone for a while, I forgot how long you were off the board as I PM'd you a problem I was having with why something was not shipped which you never responded

Thanks for coming back though and clearing some things up.

Don't worry just when you think you are out we will drag you back in.....what else is family for. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back