Artsabers Issues: Help with non working Proffie Lightsaber

Son of a gun… you have zero luck with this thing…
You’re right… his 3d printed pancake is too high..

Your set screws are going to grab the blade…

But to be honest.. I don’t use those. I only use the one in the large areola…

Son of a gun… you have zero luck with this thing…
You’re right… his 3d printed pancake is too high..

Your set screws are going to grab the blade…

But to be honest.. I don’t use those. I only use the one in the large areola…
I am using just the one but I already stripped it ensuring it is right. The problem even if not using the extra screws is that with a narrow neck, every bit of depth helps.

Also noticed there is a wire jammed up under the control box creating a gap.

Attachments

• IMG_8524.jpeg
    IMG_8524.jpeg
    867.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8525.jpeg
    IMG_8525.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 30
They sent a video how to access the area to tuck the wire back in, so that’s fixed.

Now I need to figure out how to remove that pcb ring to trim it down?
If you unscrew the grenade section, the wiring harness has a connector inside, unclip that and then the grenade section is free

You can then unscrew the brass neck from the grenade and emitter

How with the emitter free you’re going to have the wiring hanging out of the bottom of it, use a pencil to push the pcb connector out of the emitter

If you watch my over haul video I take it completely apart but leave the pcb connector inside

Hopefully it’s only tolerance tight and the installer didn’t use any kind of glue

Ok, I think it’s done. I was able to pry the pcb and ring out from the top. After inspecting and measuring, I determined that the ring made was fine in height but the tight fit was preventing the ring from sliding all the way to the bottom of the neck fitting. So I did some minor sanding of the ring and WD40 the neck. Then refit the ring and pcb. It still ended up in the same.location so I took apart the blade plug and used the tube as a setting device and hammered it with a rubber mallet till the ring and pcb sat to the bottom of the neck fitting. That seemed to have done the trick,

Last edited:
Ok, I think it’s done. I was able to pry the pcb and ring out from the top. After inspecting and measuring, I determined that the ring made was fine in height but the tight fit was preventing the ring from sliding all the way to the bottom of the neck fitting. So I did some minor sanding of the ring and WD40 the neck. Then refit the ring and pcb. It still ended up in the same.location so I took apart the blade plug and used the tube as a setting device and hammered it with a rubber mallet till the ring and pcb sat to the bottom of the neck fitting. That seemed to have done the trick,
Now get that thing fired up!!

I decided to get this ROTJ Luke hilt because it seemed like a decent level of accuracy for a neopixal blade without having to spend around $1000. A lot of the lower cost Luke’s had weir shapes , proportions, v-rings, high chrome finish. I liked this one because you can replace the emitter and pommel ends to make it a nice display piece. I used to be turned off by the extended raised ring that adds support to the blade since it is not in Return of the Jedi but since it is now canon in Madalorian, I can deal with it.

I wish they would have just made a matte finish and not the weathered look but it is so much better than the high chrome of the other budget choices. I also could have done without the LEDs on the control box side lighting up while operational, but it is what it is.

IMG_8295.jpeg
IMG_8569.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great.

You can dial back the weathering quite easily with some steel wool or scotch bright if you’d prefer it not be as weathered.

I bought the same version that you have and I removed much of the weathering on mine so here’s a few pictures of what you can do if you desire. Also this has Starkillers updated pommel which I weathered and buffed.

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1685.jpeg
    IMG_1685.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Looks great.

You can dial back the weathering quite easily with some steel wool or scotch bright if you’d prefer it not be as weathered.

I bought the same version that you have and I removed much of the weathering on mine so here’s a few pictures of what you can do if you desire. Also this has Starkillers updated pommel which I weathered and buffed.
I might do that in the future. I think I want to start messing with the fonts.

In your opinion, what installed font do you like for Luke's. I'm not crazy about the Luke font. I tend to gravitate to the Anakin, Obi, and Old Ben fonts and change the blade green. Or do you know of a better Luke font to purchase?

Last edited:
I might do that in the future. I think I want to start messing with the fonts.

In your opinion, what installed font do you like for Luke's. I'm not crazy about the Luke font. I tend to gravitate to the Anakin, Obi, and Old Ben fonts and change the blade green. Or do you know of a better Luke font to purchase?

Which Luke font is currently on there? I bought mine empty/uninstalled.

There are several amazing Luke fonts that are extremely accurate and sound awesome as well.

-Kyberphonic “Return”, this comes with two versions, the updated version is the most accurate ROTJ font
-KSith “LS6” has three that come with it. But my favorite of his within this is the “cave scene” version.
-KSith “Rescue” is the mandalorian Luke font which is a more modernized font with a deep hum and great bassy swings. Really great font.
-Kyberphonic “Grumpy Uncle” is his Last Jedi font. This comes with two version, but I prefer the updated one

I personally would install all 4 of these.

Which Luke font is currently on there? I bought mine empty/uninstalled.

There are several amazing Luke fonts that are extremely accurate and sound awesome as well.

-Kyberphonic “Return”, this comes with two versions, the updated version is the most accurate ROTJ font
-KSith “LS6” has three that come with it. But my favorite of his within this is the “cave scene” version.
-KSith “Rescue” is the mandalorian Luke font which is a more modernized font with a deep hum and great bassy swings. Really great font.
-Kyberphonic “Grumpy Uncle” is his Last Jedi font. This comes with two version, but I prefer the updated one

I personally would install all 4 of these.
Thanks I’ll look into those. I don’t know much about the fonts except the list on the website.

Sound Fonts :

• Angelic
  • Plazma
  • DSR
  • Electric Essence
  • Emperor
  • JUMPBIKE
  • JURASSIC
  • Sebulba
  • JUANSITH’S OBI EP III
  • Skywalker
  • Darth Maul
  • STARGATE
  • THE BEGGINER
  • The Prize
  • ULTRON
  • UnHinged
  • Heavy

Thanks I’ll look into those. I don’t know much about the fonts except the list on the website.

Sound Fonts :

• Angelic
  • Plazma
  • DSR
  • Electric Essence
  • Emperor
  • JUMPBIKE
  • JURASSIC
  • Sebulba
  • JUANSITH’S OBI EP III
  • Skywalker
  • Darth Maul
  • STARGATE
  • THE BEGGINER
  • The Prize
  • ULTRON
  • UnHinged
  • Heavy

Nah you definitely need to get these other Luke fonts. Or at least check them out on their site. They always have YouTube videos showing what they sound like.

For the Luke font that’s on there currently, what is the sound quote that plays when you switch to that one? That’ll identity what it is.

Nah you definitely need to get these other Luke fonts. Or at least check them out on their site. They always have YouTube videos showing what they sound like.

For the Luke font that’s on there currently, what is the sound quote that plays when you switch to that one? That’ll identity what it is.
If I remember off hand, it’s Luke saying , Luke Skywalker. From the line I’m Luke Skywalker. I’m here to rescue you.

Hmm, if it’s from that line then it’s probably none of the ones I’ve suggested.

Definitely go on Kyberphonic
And

Take a listen to the ones I listed and see if you like those more.

Personally, Luke’s saber sound is one of my favorites because of that unique clashing hiss that the ignition has and the hum has a cool buzz to it.

Hmm, if it’s from that line then it’s probably none of the ones I’ve suggested.

Definitely go on Kyberphonic
And

Take a listen to the ones I listed and see if you like those more.

Personally, Luke’s saber sound is one of my favorites because of that unique clashing hiss that the ignition has and the hum has a cool buzz to it.
Yes, I had already sought them out and listen to them.

Is there anything special about loading new fonts. Is it just drag and drop? I most likely will want to remove the old files from the SD card and store them on my laptop for safe keeping. And then just keep the new Luke files.

Yes, I had already sought them out and listen to them.

Is there anything special about loading new fonts. Is it just drag and drop? I most likely will want to remove the old files from the SD card and store them on my laptop for safe keeping. And then just keep the new Luke files.

Ok so if you want to replace the original sound fonts on there with just the new Luke ones there’s a few important steps.

First, yes, make sure you copy all of those original folders into a folder on your computer so that you have a backup of them.

Next, since you don’t want to go through the process of re-flashing the board, you need to make sure you retain the EXACT naming convention that’s currently on there.

As an example, let’s say you no longer want the “Angelic” sound font. However, you want to replace it with one of the Luke fonts. To do so, you need to keep the folder name “Angelic” and then delete all of the sub folders within there. You would then grab the Luke sound font that you want, let’s say it’s the “Return” font. You’ll need to grab all of the files and folders that are within the “proffie” folder of the Return sound font and drop them into the “Angelic” folder.

If this isn’t super clear I can find a YouTube video that shows you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back