Artsabers Issues: Help with non working Proffie Lightsaber

Let’s say I have 20 existing font folders. I want to replace them with 4 new fonts only and get rid of everything. I understand I will keep 4 folders as is but cleared of content for the new fonts. What do I do with the remaining 16? Do I keep them and just empty the contents? I am thinking about if I ever wanted to restore them or use them for new fonts later.

Let’s say I have 20 existing font folders. I want to replace them with 4 new fonts only and get rid of everything. I understand I will keep 4 folders as is but cleared of content for the new fonts. What do I do with the remaining 16? Do I keep them and just empty the contents? I am thinking about if I ever wanted to restore them or use them for new fonts later.

So on the SD card yes you can just keep the 4 folders of fonts you actually want. The rest, just make sure you have a copy on your computer and then delete from the SD card as long as you have a backup of it exactly as it was on the SD card.

For the 4 remaining folders, you need to keep their name the same as currently but replace their contents with the contents of the new one. This is basically a shortcut so you don’t have to re-flash the board and change stuff on the config file.

One X-Wing by BK Saber Fonts is, in my opinion, a superior font to Kyberphonic's version. The hum has less artefacting, less obvious looping, and everything is generally more crisp. Jesse released his version quickly after the episode, and I think the sampling is rushed, comparatively.

It’s nice to finally play with this lightsaber after 4 months of dealing with these issues. I was actually considering selling it even if I got it fixed based on all the grief it caused me but I quickly got over it once I got it working.
Glad you got it fixed. They are fun aren’t they? I seriously keep one on my bed side to light the way when I have pee at night

Not even joking..

Do you believe another friend reached out to me with this same exact problem, this now makes 4 people who have contacted me

I 100% agree with frank, kyberphonic all the way!!

I have a video in the works right now, going over my favorite Luke fonts, keep an eye out for that.

Yup, it’s hard to beat Kyberphonic and KSith. I’ve tried a few of the others and it just feels like there are liberties taken that make them less accurate.

I think my personal two favorites are the Cave Scene version from KSith and the updated “Return” font from Kyberphonic for ROTJ sounds.

Looks great.

You can dial back the weathering quite easily with some steel wool or scotch bright if you’d prefer it not be as weathered.

I bought the same version that you have and I removed much of the weathering on mine so here’s a few pictures of what you can do if you desire. Also this has Starkillers updated pommel which I weathered and buffed.
I followed your lead and removed some weathering. I used steel wool and some automotive scratch polish. I am much happier with the look.
IMG_8592.jpeg

I also used a ratchet screwdriver with star bit to help get those setscrews tighter.

Now that I have taken care of those little annoyances, I think I am ready to purchase some fonts.

I followed your lead and removed some weathering. I used steel wool and some automotive scratch polish. I am much happier with the look.
View attachment 1780697

I also used a ratchet screwdriver with star bit to help get those setscrews tighter.

Now that I have taken care of those little annoyances, I think I am ready to purchase some fonts.
Looks great. Yea I don’t think it was ever as weathered on screen as they made it. But when you dial it back some it looks right on.

I still have a lot of questions about fonts and installs.

I was looking at…. Kyberphonic “Return”. What are the weird animals sounds and is the music file have other background noises other than music?

I was watching another video reviewing fonts and they mention you still have to program the blade styles and color with the font. So if I wanted the blade to be green with the flicker effect, what type of programming am ai looking at?

I still have a lot of questions about fonts and installs.

I was looking at…. Kyberphonic “Return”. What are the weird animals sounds and is the music file have other background noises other than music?

I was watching another video reviewing fonts and they mention you still have to program the blade styles and color with the font. So if I wanted the blade to be green with the flicker effect, what type of programming am ai looking at?
Remind me, is it Proffie?

Not sure what animal sounds you’re referring to, but in terms of programming, this is why I recommended just replacing a font currently there with one you want. However, if you’re wanting the blade to be green, then you need to replace a soundfont thats already programmed to be green.

If you want to dive down the rabbit hole of how to actually reprogram some blade styles on the proffie, then look up Powell’s Power Ups channel on YouTube and he has a lengthy video on how to make your config and do all of that.

Not sure what animal sounds you’re referring to, but in terms of programming, this is why I recommended just replacing a font currently there with one you want. However, if you’re wanting the blade to be green, then you need to replace a soundfont thats already programmed to be green.

If you want to dive down the rabbit hole of how to actually reprogram some blade styles on the proffie, then look up Powell’s Power Ups channel on YouTube and he has a lengthy video on how to make your config and do all of that.
Sounds like gamorrean guards and Rancor.

2 minute mark..

Sounds like gamorrean guards and Rancor.

2 minute mark..
So those are just extra sound effects that some people choose to put into the “force” effects folder. A lot of people also add quotes and other sounds into there. You can choose to add or delete as many as you wish to that. On proffie it’s typically activated by you pressing the activation button while the saber is on for about 1-2 seconds and letting go.

So I basically got the new font working and it sounds great. I even have it playing the music I want.

However there is an issue. I only want the one font installed. I do not want anything else on there, I removed all other folders except for the track folder. The Lightsaber is still looking for all the other fonts and thee selection button will say file not found. Even though I have no reason to select other fonts, i really do not want that option. Can I do this without flashing the card?

So I basically got the new font working and it sounds great. I even have it playing the music I want.

However there is an issue. I only want the one font installed. I do not want anything else on there, I removed all other folders except for the track folder. The Lightsaber is still looking for all the other fonts and thee selection button will say file not found. Even though I have no reason to select other fonts, i really do not want that option. Can I do this without flashing the card?
You'll need to flash the board with a new config that has those blade styles removed. Deleting the fonts from the card just means the board expects the folders but can't find them.

That’s good.

So, yea you should be able to have additional lines in the config referencing sound fonts that are not present on the SD card. I have a few like this so I’m not sure why it would be an issue.

While proffieboards are very versitile they sometimes can be rather confusing on what the issue is.

Maybe take a screenshot of what your SD card contents look like so I can see if it’s missing something or looking for something.

You'll need to flash the board with a new config that has those blade styles removed. Deleting the fonts from the card just means the board expects the folders but can't find them.

I know for a fact that you can have blade styles and soundfonts listed on the config file without them being present on the SD card because I have some personal sabers like this already.

I know for a fact that you can have blade styles and soundfonts listed on the config file without them being present on the SD card because I have some personal sabers like this already.
If the folder is referenced in the header of a bladestyle, the board will look for it and throw an error if you switch to that one. You also need a 'common' folder on the SD if you're using the Fett263 prop on OS6/7

I can take a look at how one of mine is set up but I know there’s a bunch of unused blade styles that have soundfonts in their header that aren’t on my SD card.

Would the common folder stop this problem? I’m not familiar with what that does.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back