ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

I could definitely be interested in a 'kit', depending on cost.

Sorry, I haven't seen the interest thread yet, I'll go look for it now.edited, found it.

Maybe, but it should be mentioned that only a few Blaster were build on live firing Mausers - the others were build on MGCs, and nothing is closer to an MGC than a MGC.

That's a good point.

As far as I understand the ANH HERO was a real Mauser. The MerrSonns were cast polymer off the real HERO Mauser. The ST and NR were the same real as the ANH HERO.

Bunker Blaster, unclear but looks like it uses the HERO mount with scope backwards, should not matter which base model to use as there are no good reference available that I know of.

The Greedo Killer CU version was a an MGC I think.

What others were there? Maybe someone can correct or confirm me.

...and remember the Commlink and antenna/track parts can be used on other models as well so take advantage and plan accordingly!

Last edited:

The only MGC I know of in ANH is the Alternate DL-44, but Litchtbringer may be referring to the ESB & ROTJ blasters. Other than some cast blasters, most of the ESB and ROTJ blasters are MGC based. So for those, you can't get any better than an MGC.

But like Pat said, these C96's are for those of us that want to build Hero DL-44's, Merr Sonn's, Bunker blasters, or even Naked Runner replicas. With that being the case, these replicas will easily be the best available for this purpose over the MGC. :thumbsup

-Carson

... right, I totally left out the ESB and ROTJ versions. Were these all MGC? Maybe that's why we cant find any MGCs today.

At any rate, I think we can be safe to say that these models if we make them would be very detailed and accurate to a real C96 and at least better than a Denix as a base for those versions, especially since the MGCs are very hard if not impossible to find.

Last edited:

while we wait for the interest to build...

Any thoughts on the Cantina pic?

cantinaviewsbetter2copy.jpg

I cant see any track in this shot. No outline at all. Just the antenna off to the side.

If there is no track here, can there be any in the other pics?

Maybe someone can get a better image of this frame from the Bluray?

http://www.therpf.com/f13/accurate-anh-hero-dl-44-parts-interest-148980/index2.html

I know I haven't been part of this, but in answer to that question (can there be any in other pictures if not here)fr om an outside perspective, yes. It's been said before, the prop dept were very pell-mell about continuity. There were more than a couple of each prop and each was probably broken/changed without close inspection to get it out on the floor quickly. Even stunt versions were quite a few shades off from the real thing (obi wan stunt/ static prop.....greedo-killer blaster muzzle vs. hero)

while we wait for the interest to build...

Any thoughts on the Cantina pic?

Hard to say for sure with the reference quality that's available, but the highlight in that photo looks like it may possibly be in the same position as the highlights in the clear Top View photo. The antenna sets too far to the Right on the barrel, so it looks like that highlight may show something next to the antenna just like in the top view. But it is tough to make out from that quality for sure.

Crooked T-track still seems to work well, but it would appear to have been modified to some extent in order to work. I think that the brighter jagged highlight next to the Antenna in the Top View may be the center strip of the t-track. And as jagged as it is it almost looks like part of the center strip was just broken off for some reason. That jagged edge appears to be partially visible from the Side View too, higher than the barrel and within the height of crooked t-track's center-strip.

The problem with crooked track though is it's base would need to be trimmed a little on at least one side to match the reference. Why they would go to so much trouble? I have no idea..But I see how crazy they went with the Grill, and it wouldn't surprise me if they modified the t-track too if it was on there.

A better quality version of that cantina photo would be excellent to see though! :D

-Carson

I just found this. Interesting. Rough cut.

You know what I love about this scene... Not only does Han shoot first but why did the entire confrontation with Greedo happen.

In this and the screen version, did you ever wonder HOW Greedo got the drop on Han since Han was right behind Chewbacca? You can even see him walking away right in front of Han! Not a very observant Wookie! And Han couldn't call out?

The least Lucas could have done was let Han stop to pay the bill and give an excuse for Chewie leaving first.

...Love the real voices and Ausie accents!

cantina lostcut: star wars missing 'Jenny with Han Solo' - YouTube

Wow that was very interesting to see. Wonder how they know the girls name was Jenny?

Looks like Greedo was also standing right next to the sandtroopers when they walked over to the bar. Meanwhile both Han and Chewie are looking right at them!

The real voices are one of the coolest parts about the video though, Greedo sounds like he deserved it more this time. :lol

-Carson

That was very cool to see, thanks for posting that kpax.
Did you see Greedo's fingers? How the hell could he even draw a blaster with those things. Not much of a quick-draw bounty hunter. :lol

Does any one know why the ANH blaster was not used in ESB and ROTJ?

Was it because the ANH Hero was already lost or re purposed by the time the made ESB?

Were the ESB and ROTJ blasters live/blank fire? If not how did they register the shots to rotoscope the blast?

Have you see this?

Prop Store Of London: Star Wars Rebel Blaster - YouTube

It is the stunt blaster Luke uses on Dagobah. Note the barrel and FH. Clearly Han's barrel and FH. (upper receiver) Is this what happened to Han's ANH HERO Blaster?

lukedagobah.jpg

Here on the cast stunt version you can see the details better.

Does Luke fire this version on Dagobah?
lukedagobahblasterstunt.jpg

note the clearly FLAT bottom barrel!

He also uses this on Yoda.

Luke_SWSB.png

interesting?

Looks like Lucas fixed another "Han shot first issue"

Han vs Vader - YouTube

Last edited:

Wow very cool, thanks for the link! It's nice to see one of the original blasters at all angles in such clear photos/video. Beautiful indeed..:love

I think it might have had to do with filming location why the real Mauser wasn't used in ESB, but I'm not sure on that.

When it comes to the blank firing through, I don't think they made use of the Hero DL-44's blank firing abilities in ANH or ROTJ at all. The muzzle flash in ANH is blue and likely added in at some point (possibly SE releases), plus we never see the hammer pulled back or the bolt fly back indicating it was fired during filming.

I guess I would be afraid to fire it too with all those parts on there..:lol

-Carson

The Resin stunt is nice to see so clearly.

Actually in ANH for sure and ESB (I think) , the Mausers are firing and ejecting blank shells. If you slow it down, you can see the brass cases flying out.

The hero does fire in ANH. The muzzle flash is definitely real and has been there since the original release.

Wow very cool, thanks for the link! It's nice to see one of the original blasters at all angles in such clear photos/video. Beautiful indeed..:love

I think it might have had to do with filming location why the real Mauser wasn't used in ESB, but I'm not sure on that.

When it comes to the blank firing through, I don't think they made use of the Hero DL-44's blank firing abilities in ANH or ROTJ at all. The muzzle flash in ANH is blue and likely added in at some point (possibly SE releases), plus we never see the hammer pulled back or the bolt fly back indicating it was fired during filming.

I guess I would be afraid to fire it too with all those parts on there..:lol

-Carson

not bluray but you can see the case(s) and muzzel flash.
In slo-mo you can see the cases fly!

swblankfire.jpg

Wow, nice catch!

No doubt the ESB blaster is firing there, but I'm still iffy on the ANH blaster. I think that particular ESB blaster was an MGC which is a pfc gun with a closed barrel. So I think those muzzle flashes may still have been added in both ESB and ANH. And likely ROTJ too in that case.

But now I'm curious..:D Any other good shots around of the ANH blaster when it's firing? It's tough to tell but I think the firing pin may be missing in the bapty Pre-Pro photos too.

-Carson

The hero does fire in ANH. The muzzle flash is definitely real and has been there since the original release.

Sorry kurtyboy, I didn't see your post until just now.

Are blue muzzle flashes very common without special gasses or different powders other than gunpowder? What about if they added the muzzle flashes in a similar way to the lightsaber blades and laser beam effects they used?

-Carson

Last edited:

...that's muzzle flash in ANH for sure. You can see the holes in the FH light up. It could have been faked but that's a real flash. It looks just like the ones from ESB. The gas isn't blue, just looks that way. Looks blue in the ESB shots too.

If it wasn't real muzzle flash, they would not have made it go bang while he was pointing UP. They would have corrected it... and he would not be so fraidy scared and close his eyes shooting.

And this was the same upper from NR and that shot blanks as well.

In the BluRay you can prob freeze frame the image better to see a case fly.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back