ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

I agree they certainly do look real, but something weird is going on there...The MGC shouldn't even be capable showing a muzzle flash of that size or any size if the MGCs were unmodified and still firing PFC caps.

Maybe they modified some of the firing blasters for pyrotechnics? Sounds possible but unlikely if the pistols needed to cycle correctly too.

But I do agree that out of all the blasters, the ANH Hero would be the most capable of producing a real flash like that. But it's the MGCs showing the same exact flash that makes me think otherwise.

-Carson

Is it known that the ESB blaster (firing the blanks) is a MGC for sure?

Looks pretty potent for caps! and the cases are being ejected with some... force.

Actually I'm not completely sure if it's fully confirmed to be MGC or not. But I agree that is quite powerful looking for a pfc gun!

Most modern pfc pistols have a partially open barrel to allow for a realistic flash, but the majority of those pistols are a form of plastic now. But some of the older zinc pfc guns like the MGC C96s had a plugged barrel for some reason, possibly from having to cycle the extra weight of the metal parts.

lukedagobahblasterstunt.jpg

note the clearly FLAT bottom barrel!

Just noticed, I wonder if the frame on the ESB blaster is also cast from the Hero DL-44 Mauser? I know the Merr Sonn had the ST frame and I can't see the safety on this blaster clear enough, but that mount is mounted in almost the same exact places on the frame as the ANH Hero from what I can tell.

If it is the same, I can't see any signs of the mystery disk still being there.

-Carson

yep, no sign of MD and could be the same MerrSonn frame. Funny that they left the barrel length and FH the same as Solos Hero rather than like the MerrSonn, long barrel / side ways FH.

heres a PFC mauser for comparison.

The 712 was a plastic toy pfc version, maybe it used much weaker loads?

One of my MGC Mausers is a pfc, and it´s mechanism wear is alot more than all the others together - if you shake it, it´s really rattling.

Just a idea. At least this MGC pfc Sterling doesn´t sounds that weak like the plastic 712: MGC STERLING Mk

good to know.

I still doubt that they could or would risk over loading the caps to get a blast like we see in the film.

Maybe Chris knows?

that sterling is wild. seems more like blanks. very potent!

Last edited:

Look at the Bunker scene in ROTJ. I'm pretty sure you can see Han pull back the hammer for each shot

As many times as I've looked at this pic over the years, I never noticed the ANH flash hider/bull barrel. :facepalm But I did always think that the scope position looked different. It looks better sitting higher, like the ROTJ style.

That´s no comparision - forget the 712, it´s a plastic child toy, nothing more

That would be one heck of a kids toy, I wish we had cap guns like that in the US when I was a kid. ;)

The majority of the model guns now are plastic or heavy weight plastic due to the laws. So unfortunately it's tough to find a model hand gun available now that's made from a real metal. Is there a difference in the caps used, I thought they were the same for the plastic pfc guns too?

-Carson

As many times as I've looked at this pic over the years, I never noticed the ANH flash hider/bull barrel. :facepalm But I did always think that the scope position looked different. It looks better sitting higher, like the ROTJ style.

It's not actually sitting higher... just looks that way in the pic. I thought so too but if you watch the video of the stunt prop as he turns it in his hands, it looks the same. Just a weird angle showing a lot of light between the scope and gun. Pause it at around .50 sec in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyCBGYdwQq8&feature=related

But same barrel length and straight FH... and NO attempt at any antenna/sight!

Very interesting!

The $201,600 dollar one looks like a real Mauser. I didn't realize they used real Mausers in rotj besides the bunker gun. A beautiful blaster for sure though. The second one is a MGC. Weird, aside from the mausers they're both pretty much the same blaster!

-Carson

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back