ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Well, yes, but it does not automatically mean it wasn't photoshopped? I was just asking as I have it saved in a folder with the others out of the context they were shared. If the others were altered I can also imagine somebody posting this saying "this is how it should look like if the antenna wasn't broken". Anyway, I guess it is fair to assume the rod was once there, regardless if it was ever caught on picture or not - same as with the other missing pieces. And whatever happened to the other greeblies happened before that preproduction photo was taken.

And that's number three, freshly arrived!

20231223_131217.jpg

Damn, that’s a sight. I’d love an MGC but they’re a little tricky to get in the Great White North. I’ll probably have a better chance finding a real c96 than an MGC

The details list it being non-functioning and made of H/W resin.

Mauser Military 9mm Parabellum Ignition Blowback Model☆

-Ignition blowback model gun
*The cartridge uses [C-tec 9mm mild kick cartridge] (sold separately).

By replacing it with a detonator (sold separately), you can also use the "Tanaka Evolution2 9mm Kaione Cartridge" (sold separately).

Modeled up Mauser C96 “Red 9”

Made of HW resin, natural finish

~Specifications of each part~
■Aperture 9mm
■Bullet length 140mm
■Total length 308mm
■Weight 810g
■Number of bullets: 10
■Material HW resin

※please note※
This product is a "model gun" that does not have a firing mechanism such as BB bullets.
Cartridges will be sold separately.

I could be mistaken, but I think Japan has strict laws about model guns nowadays. IIRC one of their stipulations is that they can't have metal barrels, even if it's something like a cast pot metal. So at least for a C96 that would mean the entire upper would have to be cast in some kind of altnerative material, unfortunate as it is. At least the Tomenosuke's frame has metal infused into the resin (I think), giving it more weight than if it were just plastic, but I don't know how that is done.

Total weight is under 2lbs. HW Resin is specifically designed for a HobbyKing 3d printer. Or at least that’s the info I found on it. Not surprising I guess considering what you just mentioned V. More affordable route as well. Crazy price though.

I also believe this to be kpax as well but I could be mistaken. Again it’s worth reposting as a lot of these conversations have already been discussed..View attachment 1770789

This is one I made several years back (proving myself wrong on my own 'crooked track' theory, which I was so sure of until..more was realized ;) ..never be sure with this prop when it comes to assumptions, haha). But after Pat's (kpax's) realization basing on the Merr Sonn antenna placement directly on the barrel, I rushed to see if the antenna position matched on the Hero as well at similar angles using the models I drew up, and it certainly seems to show that the lone Hero antenna wasn't setting upward on anything and simply setting on the barrel instead like the Merr Sonn, as per Pat's realization.

In fact, there has yet to be 'any' proof of T-Track ever being on the barrel, or anywhere of the Hero blaster. Not one photo even suggests it, it was only assumed when it was thought that the Merr Sonn had T-Track on it's barrel back when, which was disproven not too long ago by 'much' better photos showing a cylindrical, tube-like piece instead as per Greedo's blaster. Unknowable-Tube & Antennas..

Otherwise, there's never been any real evidence of T-Track ever being present on the Hero, or the Merr Sonn blasters despite the popular trend that became of it's suggestion...very similar to the 'rubber' T-Track theory, that went on for forever and a day..=b

-Carson

Didn't know that these were "fake" for a lack of a better word. Is this one too (looks like the rod is there)?
View attachment 1770856
But I think regardless of if the rod was there or not the observations about the placement remain true

That photo was a real Pre-Pro shot. I too always wondered if the Lone-Antenna's Stem/Rod was always present or not, basing on the manually 'cropped' Chronicles photo (Post-Pro) that we've all seen for decades now. I thought for years that it was just simply cropped out.
There's only two photos showing it's presence, both in Pre-Pro/Promo shots.

But after seeing the extremely enlightening photos from our 'Anonymous Hero ;)) of the same Chronicles photo..or photos, as it turns out. More were taken in that photo shoot of the prop (seemingly for continuity purposes) than known beforehand, as posted a little ways back, the same one below. The stem of the antenna 'does' appear to be missing in the un-cropped negatives. Though low resolution, it doesn't seem to be visible in post-production oddly, yet the head of the antenna remains..

-Carson

B2C13CDE-C52A-46F1-AA43-912B66E4C589.jpeg

Edit: Sorry John (chubsANDdoggers), I didn't realize when typing this that you already pointed this out a few posts back..

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back