Almost Human

The best i got is this unfortunetaly. The right buttom culloms are sex,height,eye and auth. (code probably) and left has a futuristic barcode 2 picture area, one more barcode thingy on the left sideway name and possibly badge number under the big picture.

(Taken from the internet as an example)

This is the best I could do from the screen-grab of the Detective John Kennex ID: squared up, colour balanced and scaled against Karl Urban's face in the ID photo.
It's still as blurry as all heck, but maybe good enough for some-one to base a nicer version on?
Detective John Kennex ID.jpg

I don't pretend to know the dynamics behind this kind of stuff but is there any chance another network could pick it up?

Unlikely. It's a very expensive show to produce, so something like SyFy wouldn't take it on. Chances are, it's done for good.

First Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. Now this. Why can't we have an enduring and awesome show?

Because the people who make the decisions almost only make decisions with their wallets not their heart/fans/whatever. And they never ever factor in dvd/bluray releases it seems. If I see an interesting show/hear positive feedback about a show, like for example last years Under the Dome I wait. I wait until I can watch the whole thing and then I cruise through a whole season in less than a week or up to 3 weeks. What I don't do is TV and all the damn breaks. Bluray and as good quality as possible thank you very much :) and seeing as how Almost Human's episodes were aired very out of place, obviously watching it "live" is not good. TV networks should look in the mirror if they want to know what's wrong with tv these days.

The unfortunate reality is, television is a business and an expensive one. If the ratings aren't there, then no matter how loved the show is by a certain segment of fans or how critically acclaimed it is, they can't justify the expense of continuing production when the numbers don't allow them to pull in enough ad revenue to offset the costs.

With TV, DVD/Blu-Rays don't generally come out until several months or a year after the season has aired. By that time a show's fate has already been determined and it's unlikely that the home video sales will affect that.

I agree though that the biggest blunder with this show was the airing out of sequence.

I've been watching on Hulu. I don't know how many people were doing so. Also, some people may watch on iTunes. That being the case, such viewing might not get metered by those solely measuring hits on cable....

I've been watching on Hulu. I don't know how many people were doing so. Also, some people may watch on iTunes. That being the case, such viewing might not get metered by those solely measuring hits on cable....

Bingo. Which just goes to show how old (and now plain stupid) the whole ratings system is. I know plenty of people that watch a lot of tv shows "illegally" by downloading them. "burn in hell thieves!", but a lot of the same people also go out and buy said tv show on dvd/bluray. Some times only to find out, the show they have fallen in love with has just been terminated.

Start evolving. Stop killing TV :(

I would think and hope the producers are trying to sell it to another network, with a offer of cutting cost in new shows and using a lot of the stock footage already in the can.

After all they have a number of standing sets props and customs etc. and a fair number of viewers...

Many shows have gotten a second life doing this.

Greanted it may be a little watered down but it is better than nothing.

Rich

With the cancelation announcement, I don't think the sets are going to be standing much longer. That studio space is very expensive.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back