Almost Human

finished a 3D model and laserfiles for the phone that is seen the most (there are 4-5 types). Time to sent shapeways and my local lasershop some money :)

AH phonerender2.jpg

I was waiting until the season was over and I was going to start my own thread (probably still will) but fudge it....

Gina's body armor consists of 3 main things -

- The main vest which I have had zero luck tracking down - $60 - $150 roughly
- A Troy Lee Designs CP5955 Motocross Chest protector - $175 - $200
- (2) Fox Racing 07036 MX Kidney Belts - $30 ea.

They also used (2) 1.75" Cobra Buckles.

exploded_front.JPG81Y0bq6436L._SL1500_.jpg

The back and shoulder pads from the Chest Protector are used...

back.JPGXRN Back.png

...and the 2 Kidney belts are cut up and modded.

So the front Layout should look like this -

XRN Front.png

Which can be seen here -

AlmostHuman-ep109_sc27_046.jpg

Kennex's Watch is a Fossil Machine Chronograph FS4703 -

fossil-fs4703-machine-men-s-watch-chronograph-rubber-strap-5-bar1.jpgfossil-fs4703-machine-men-s-watch-chronograph-rubber-strap-5-bar.jpgWatch.png

The light that they wear on their vests and is an INOVA 24/7 light. It's also used as a badge in certain episodes -

INOVAs.png247-Titanium.jpg

The Powerflare PF-200 LED Safety Flares -

flares.png

The main Tablet that they are seen using here -

SNAG-1031.png

...is a Vinci TAB II children's Tablet (which I managed to pickup on ebay for $30 bucks because it was "broken") -

vinci-tab-ii-kids.jpg

The other tablet they use with various custom external add-on's is a Sony Xperia Z Tablet -

SNAG-0175.pngSNAG-0428.png

The Boogie Board Jot and another version of the Boogie Board are seen in various places-

SNAG-0219.png

The Giraffe on his desk is a 2003 Schleich Baby Giraffe. They change slightly every couple years and I have found it extremely hard to find the exact one with the markings on the inside of the leg instead of on the underbelly -

SNAG-0167.png

The respirators used in the Hospital are Moldex N95 DuraMesh with Exhalation Valves (slightly modified) -

SNAG-0445.pngm2700n95i.jpg

The P90's are the Evike Terminators as mentioned earlier in the Thread.

The InSyndicate masks are Evike Persian masks that appear to have an outer vaccuformed piece attached to them -

MASK_MTX_ARMYMASK-3-lg.jpgSNAG-0860.png

His alarm Clock is an Electrohome ELE-CR916E -

SNAG-0223.png1.png

To be continued in the next post.......

Last edited:
The attachment on the arm of the MX's is a PEQ 16 -

Almost-Human-1.08-MX.jpgpeq-b_l.jpg

Kennex's Jacket is a Diesel JR Bomber Jacket -

tumblr_mx001h93sk1rzb3ayo1_1280.jpg

The Bicycle's used in the show are Strida's -
strida-1.jpgScreen-Shot-Almost-Human.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! You've been busy.

I noticed that early in the series they were using the Inova as a sort of personal status indicator. When Kennex's partner is down, it's flashing yellow and then red. Lately they're not lighting up at all. Kennex wears something else on his vest but I have no idea what it is. And Rudy has various things pinned to his clothes as well.

@kpcstudio Kenny, can you show us the red "Google Glass" on Steroids, that the hacker wore in the last episode and tell us how it was constructed?

This weeks episode featured another very cool prop:"The Actuator". Looks like a syringe, but i don't think it is. Could be entirely custom, but the base could also be an existing item with the segment on the side custom build. The rings look like reshapes metal rings and the vial is one of those small labvials wit black screw on lids.
vlcsnap-2014-02-26-01h30m15s5.png

This weeks episode featured another very cool prop:"The Actuator". Looks like a syringe, but i don't think it is. Could be entirely custom, but the base could also be an existing item with the segment on the side custom build. The rings look like reshapes metal rings and the vial is one of those small labvials wit black screw on lids.
View attachment 290863

It is indeed a found item. It's a modified Cadence Science Micromatic Pipettor (Pipette, Pipet, Syringe). It's one of the larger mL versions based on the length of the metal holder. It will only set you back a cool $350 USD before any mods :cool.
2570001.jpgSyrPipettingParts485w.png

That could be used. Technically, that's a replica of the newer version of the Taurus PT92AF. I used the older version of the Taurus. The serrations on the back of the slide should be the thinner ones. This one is the thicker ones. However, since I covered that area up, you won't see it so yes... this would work out fine. Taurus actually made two licensed airsoft versions of the gun which would also be good candidates. One is CO2 and the other better version is green gas.

I also spotted another awesome "borrowed" prop in this last episode. The Hero Nissan GT-R from the movie Elysium!

GT-R 1.pngGT-R 2.pngGT-R 3.png

And if anyone has the Art of Elysium book - I believe they even left the same license plate on it -

SNAG-1185.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back