Anyone with medical knowledge identify this human bone?

dropshipbob

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is prop related. I'd like to construct the sword the elder Predator carries in Predator II. The one phot is from the movie and is a little blurry. The other photo is of the Hot Toys 1:6th figure, and mar or may not be 100% accurate.
To my untrained eye, it looks to possibly be one of the leg bones. But if someone can I.D. it 100%, I'd be much more comfortable when buying a plastic version to use in my build. I'd rather not buy the wrong one and be stuck with a human bone replica I can't use. :lol:

Attachments

• Yautja_blade.jpg
    Yautja_blade.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 309
  • predator sword.jpg
    predator sword.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Looks like a femur to me, humerous would be the other option but i think its a little different on the end. I'm not a doctor but i did sleep in .........

Hmmm, if it were a bovine femur that would actually work out pretty nice, as I have access to cattle bones. That wouldn't be too creepy...would it?

And as to how I have access to cattle bones, I know several cattle farmers....just to put that out there. :)

Predator was an alien. So, who is to say that the bones are even human, or from Earth for that matter? Take a bunch of sources and come up with your own interpretation.
Wanted to make the exact same remark. It's a bit pretentious to assume it's a human bone. Like we are the most important species in the universe. I'd say chances are rather slim that this is a human bone... ;)

Wanted to make the exact same remark. It's a bit pretentious to assume it's a human bone. Like we are the most important species in the universe. I'd say chances are rather slim that this is a human bone... ;)
No it's not pretentious. It's Predator 2, we know they have been to earth once and been bested after one hell of a hunt. They come back to give a youth a passage of rights hunt to prove their worth. Their trophy room even exhibits human skulls/vertebrae alongside xenomorphs. We are valued as opponents. So it is perfectly legit, based on the above and the size of the bone, to assume that it could be human.

No it's not pretentious. It's Predator 2, we know they have been to earth once and been bested after one hell of a hunt. They come back to give a youth a passage of rights hunt to prove their worth. Their trophy room even exhibits human skulls/vertebrae alongside xenomorphs. We are valued as opponents. So it is perfectly legit, based on the above and the size of the bone, to assume that it could be human.
Nah, earth is only one of their many, many hunting grounds. Nowhere in the movies it's mentioned that this initiation ritual is only performed on earth. Maybe there are 200 planets with life out there that are used for that same purpose... In the spaceship of the predators there are dozens of different skulls, not only humans and xenomorphs.

anyway, it doesn't matter much. If we start thinking this way, we should mention that it's pretentious of the movie makers to assume that other lifeforms (xenomorphs, predators, ...) look more or less human, too (with arms and legs, with a skeleton, something that is like blood, eyes, mouths, etc...). Looks good in this kind of movies off course, but I like it more if extraterestrial life is pictured as not having a resemblance with humans at all... In Arrival the aliens look much less human, to give an example (OK, they still look like a giant octopus, but whatever ;) ).

I think a good starting point would be to have some high-res screen caps from the sword... The second picture you posted, seems to be from an action figure, so no idea how correct this is. Maybe try to find some pictures of the screen used one? If it was ever sold on an auction, you should be able to find pictures...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back