Almost Human

Apparently there has already been a set dec sale of items from Almost Human in Vancouver, the key pieces, weapons etc, have now been put into archive by Fox.

This show had great potential! It was awesome. For some odd reason numb nut execs of these networks do not know when they have a winner or not...such shame real good tv is being replaced by cheap reality tv.. One show at a time..

Apparently there has already been a set dec sale of items from Almost Human in Vancouver, the key pieces, weapons etc, have now been put into archive by Fox.

Yup, I went to it. Bought 4 suits, a jacket, 2 coats, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 belts, 3 ties, 1 each of the black and grey hoodies the Uni-cops wore, 3 pairs of MX gloves and the padded MX jacket.

Sadly None of the other MX stuff was there.

- - - Updated - - -

This show had great potential! It was awesome. For some odd reason numb nut execs of these networks do not know when they have a winner or not...such shame real good tv is being replaced by cheap reality tv.. One show at a time..

Simple fact, the ratings didn't justify the cost of producing the show.

Whenever I here the ratings didn't justify the cost I get mad. It takes time to build a following. Now if you don't get record breaking ratings the first couple weeks a show gets pulled. Fox is one of the worst networks for giving it's shows a chance. I was surprised Sleepy Hollow survived. I wonder if Gotham will get kicked to the curb like Birds Of Prey. I hardly watch TV anymore because they cancel anything worth watching before it has a chance!

as stated in the above post, i believe yours is based on the 92F/FS with the slide mounted safety as opposed to the frame mounted safety. Its not a huge issue, but it can also be easily remedied with a bit of carving and a good reference pic.

if I make one it will have to be based on the Beretta. I can get another resin one of them but haven't found a resin Taurus. We have no access to real pistols to mold nor can we buy Airsoft.

That could be used. Technically, that's a replica of the newer version of the Taurus PT92AF. I used the older version of the Taurus. The serrations on the back of the slide should be the thinner ones. This one is the thicker ones. However, since I covered that area up, you won't see it so yes... this would work out fine. Taurus actually made two licensed airsoft versions of the gun which would also be good candidates. One is CO2 and the other better version is green gas.

Really annoying as I cannot buy either and Airsoft guns are such a cheap reasonably accurate base for prop gun building. Aaarrrgghh

Man, and here I was pondering doing a sculpt on the MX as well as Dorian! Hard to keep your fandom alive when people at the top kill it off. You never let sci-fi die. Keep it open ended so that it becomes a phenomena in forever.

After a redirect & some advice, I will ask here.

Hello everyone! I'm the new kid in town & I'm thinking of embarking on a little project. I want to mod an airsoft M9 into the "Kennex Gun". Unfortunately, my resources are a bit limited. I can get the airsoft gun, paint & whatnot, but the add-on parts to mod the gun are a little tough for me to get and/or produce. Doesn't have to be 1:1 hero grade; I like to put my own spin on my replicas. Any advice or suggestions?

Welcome to the RPF BlasterGuy. Well you could start off telling us what your comfortable working with. material wise. tool wise Etc.

Well, I was advised that sheet styrene is good to work with. Never used it before though. Wood is ok. Don't have the space nor the resources to do casting. Pretty much anything that can bend to the will of a Dremel.

styrene sounds good. looking at the screen caps. looks like to me you could make all your parts with styrene. and the dremel will come In very handy.

Great! My initial plan is to build around an airsoft M9. Ideally, I want the finished product to still function.

Thinking of making a prototype add-on parts out of styrene and maybe making the parts a little more long-lasting. Maybe find someone who can cast one out of plastic or do it myself if I can get the materials to do it.

Sound's very doable. just an Idea. but If the gun Is very similar to the time cop gun. maybe have a look around for builds on those...

Yeah, I remember reading that it's a redesign of the Nick Fury gun from The David Hasslehoff TV movie which is a redesign of the Timecop gun. Fascinating actually. I think I'll also put a laser sight in it too. The hero prop has one and I know I said it doesn't have to be 1:1 perfect...but I'm a stickler for details...even the tiny ones =)

If all goes well, I think I might cosplay as a Delta Police Dept. Detective at NYCC this year!

Last edited:
I've been holding on to this one for a while but it's time to set her free...

View attachment 292115

and I suppose I could throw in some of my other reference -

View attachment 292116View attachment 292117View attachment 292118View attachment 292119View attachment 292120View attachment 292121

Any chance we can get a better look at the one on the fancy stand... Pretty please?

I'm working on converting an airsoft M9 into this awesome piece of sci-fi weaponry.

The images provided are great, but what I'm looking for is all the little details.

Last edited:
My Wife was showing me some stuff on pinterest when I noticed something in a picture of everyone's favorite B Movie Actor, Mark Dacascos.

Behold! mark_dacascos_97.jpg I wonder where I've seen THAT gun before =P

Anyone know which movie or TV Show this is from?

Last edited:
Did a reverse google image search and it looks like it might be from a movie called "Crying Freeman." That's the result google came up with anyhow.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back