Aliens: Gateway Station Shuttle- research thread

Im loving the fact your sticking to this one stomper, i love this lil'bird.

Id be all over it if i could just get a shot of the underside, but, you never know, i may join you one day and just idealise it all, its a way cool looking design, and i love builds that are a little "out there".

Keep it coming, i may have to start buying donors soon as its becoming more and more tempting!

lee

We really need someone in Seatle to go to the SF-Museum and do some shots!
It's strange that there's next to no information about this ship. I haven't even read anything about it except in this thread.

Cheers,
Stefan

Hmm, Seattle you say...nah, miles away, it would take me an age lol, but, would be cool for anybody out there to take some pics?

I agree before this thread, it was just a blip on my TV screen lol.

lee

Best I could get...

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

Last edited:
hey stomper, is the huey the source for the side guns?
I know some of the hueys have the side mounted machine guns...

just figured I'd ask... if not it's still on my list of parts to find

No, I don't have any shots of the underside, and anyone planning a trip to Seattle to get some would be well advised to reconsider. Owing to how the thing is mounted (behind glass, in a corner, against the wall, and with the bottom tilted away from the viewer) photographing the underside is basically impossible. I mean, you could ask the nice guards to unscrew it from its mount for better access, but I doubt they'd go for the idea.

I know a model maker who worked on the show (he may have even built the Gateway Shuttle) and I'll be seeing him this weekend. It's probably a long shot, but he might know where I can scrounge up pix of the underside...

It's a real mash up of parts ahh boi!!:lol Very cool you are digging into this, I love the race car front clip it works well, it says race car but still looks sci/fi. If they would have found a way to make the helicopter booms a little less noticeable it would be even better....well thats just my opinion.:lol:thumbsup

Good luck with it , seems you already have some good part hounds on the scene ....this always helps for subjects like this!:lol:thumbsup

Regards,
Michael

tgreco: The "guns" are not from the Huey kit or any other kit I've gone through so far.

Carson: It would be great if you could did up something. As a different Regult part was used on the Dropship helmet, I'd guess the Gateway shuttle was build by Terry Reed or someone working in the same shop at that time.

Matt: Motorcycle seat - you are thinking Harley Davidson I guess? ;)

Anyone here with a Peterbuilt truck? The parts left and right of the (truck?) radiator look like they could be from the suspension of a Peterbuilt....

Cheers,
Stefan

Parts flanking the front Porsche wheelarches...they seem to scream Tamiya 1/12 Moto GP bike......rear end seat pod fairing?

lee

SAs for the Italeri Tornado - the tail parts look really close but are probably not the parts used on the Gateway Shuttle. It won't take much effort to make them look right, but as for now the search continues.

I guess I'll look for the Airfix kit and see if that's the culprit

Part glued to the radiator, is A12 from the Tamiya 8rad, not sure of that was found?

lee

Well spotted! :eek:)
Another kit that has to be added to the list....

As for the bike kit - the Honda NSR 250 looks right on the first glance, but it was introduced in October 1986 - that's too late for us.

Cheers,
Stefan

The side guns look like Tamiya 1/12 motorcycle fork legs (Tamiya often left void slots in hard-to-see areas to save plastic).

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd go for the Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki GSX1100S Katana (kit no. 14010) as the front part of the 2-piece seat also looks similar to the seat part on the side of the shuttle.

Dalroi.</B>

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some interesting stuff about the Shuttle on the 9th. Quadrilogy disk:

It's labeled GATEWAY MAINTENANCE SHUTTLE. The design was done by Robert Skotak and it was build by Faisal Karim.

Also it seems that the model as it is today is not complete:
2048910726_848ba2fa7b.jpg
5098218.jpeg

The two "claws" at the front are from the Monogram 1/24 scale Huey kit.
Sadly, no picture of the bottom....

Cheers,
Stefan

Last edited:
The parts:

7806981.jpeg

7869082.jpeg

The Yamaha kit is on the way....

What do you think about those two parts on the front of the porsche body? They look somewhat like doors from a ship/submarine or hatches of a WWII tank. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Stefan

Last edited:
What do you think about those two parts on the front of the porsche body? They look somewhat like doors from a ship/submarine or hatches of a WWII tank. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Stefan

I was looking at tanks... but I know there's a few 1/72 submarines out there (no idea how long they've been in print)

the parts on the front fenders of the Porsche mounted behind the "senser arms"... are they not from the QQ? (I was thinking they were because of the contour)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back