Galactica Shuttle Parts Maps

That "dome" feature is not half-round, but actually oblong if you look at it closely from different angles.
Yes they are wonky that way. I saw that someone had used the Sat v domes on their model and thought maybe they were the correct parts. And I really didn't want to cut those bomb halves up, lol.

Yes they are wonky that way. I saw that someone had used the Sat v domes on their model and thought maybe they were the correct parts. And I really didn't want to cut those bomb halves up, lol.
If you look at a hi-res version of the front angle you can see the seam from the halves. Also it is not "centered" on the disc it sits on.

Yeah it's a bit intimidating to have to chop up four of those and make them accurate as well as identical to each other. But if you are doing a Galactica you should have ten B-29s so you'll be fine.:cry:

#2 on the back is a cut 1/24 Airfix Harrier pod. The image I think is a Marieki build or maybe a restoration, but looks like the correct part there.
There are a couple of un-mapped M3 Lee parts on #1. But these are not correct.

Last edited:
#2 on the back is a cut 1/24 Airfix Harrier pod. The image I think is a Marieki build or maybe a restoration, but looks like the correct part there.
There are a couple of un-mapped M3 Lee parts on #1. But these are not correct.
Thanks man. Not sure what you mean by the unmapped parts.

They look very close to M3 Lee parts, but maybe not. Regardless they incorrect. There are different parts there on the studio model.
Galactica Shuttle Back Map Final .jpg

Hey guys, just a thought on the dishes that haven’t been ID’d yet, I’ve been experimenting with the heat shield for the capsule in the Airfix Sat V, sanded the back flat and reduced the diameter to approximately the right size.
The dish profile looks pretty good In comparison with the prop...
One more kit to obtain now......Damn Motocrosser!!!

Yea wish I had access to a motocrosser kit. Want to build the parts for the Shuttle and the Galactica for printing. It's a signature kit, I should have snapped one up back in the mid 2000s when you could still find them, : (

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back