Aliens: Gateway Station Shuttle- research thread

I spoke to tgreco about this; we'll get back to this project after Christmas.. too much going on at the moment to stay focused.

to me the rear tail does not look like it's from a helicopter as it would be too thin, but more from an Airplane or jet.

Last edited:
much appreciated

I'm still digging up kits on this
but it's kinda a second tier, as I get time project...

(I have about 3 other projects that I'm working on too)

I'll post everything else I find out as I go

I guess so - the QQ just donates stuff to Maschinen Krieger designs, so I have it for that reason. It gets parted out and hacked to bits :cool

Any more detailed pics of this model from anyone? I'm really motivated on working to make a replica of this subject. I already started collecting the known donor kits but more pics could help.

Last edited:
Bump.

Anybody post some more picts?

I've got a stack of model kits from my DS helmet build, and already ID'd some

bits in there.

I see a few 1/72 Macross Regult pieces.

Last edited:
Nice find, Matt.
Maybe some other parts for the helmet will turn up on this ship.
And now that I have some of those parts already.... ;)

Oh, as it wasn't mentioned before - the small helicopter tail fins that are glued on the large heli tails are from a Blackhawk or Seahawk kit.

Cheers,
Stefan

Last edited:
I'm still working on this, but like I said before, it's a second tier project
I'm about to wrap up a big project I've spent the last 8 months on

so I'll probably find some time to dig into this again

but, as before, reference is the biggest problem...

still have no idea what under this thing looks like

well that, and the fact that their are a bazillion Tornado kits that have been made...

Last edited:
well that, and the fact that their are a bazillion Tornado kits that have been made...

I've just checked the current Revell "Tornado GR.1 RAF" kit - the fuselage says Copyright 1998.
The two parts themself are quite close to what's needed, but not identical.

Cheers,
Stefan

I've just checked the current Revell "Tornado GR.1 RAF" kit - the fuselage says Copyright 1998.
The two parts themself are quite close to what's needed, but not identical.

Cheers,
Stefan

I'm thinking it's the Italieri, because some of the photos I have actually look like the tail wing is glued onto another piece, and the Italieri Tornado kit has a tail that actually is a separate piece, I just have to get my hands on one to confirm

is the Revell a repop of the Italieri?

I'm thinking it's the Italieri, because some of the photos I have actually look like the tail wing is glued onto another piece, and the Italieri Tornado kit has a tail that actually is a separate piece, I just have to get my hands on one to confirm

is the Revell a repop of the Italieri?

The tail is a separate piece on the revell kit too. However, I think you are right about the Italeri kit. From the tooling I'd say it could be the right age and the bottom rear of the tail fin seems correctly shaped:

3175-33123.jpg

3175-33128.jpg

Pictures from this page: http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=3175

Here a picture of the Revell pieces for comparison:

466-4272.jpg

Cheers,
Stefan

Oh, I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think the large helicopter tails are from the Monogram 1/24 scale Bell Huey kit. I should be able to confirm this by the end of next week...

Cheers,
Stefan

It would be nice to have an underside pict.

Dan, could you help us out?

I'm not even building this shuttle, I'm giving my parts to a member for his
build.

I would hate to dump old kits, that somebody could use.

Bump.

Anybody post some more picts?

I've got a stack of model kits from my DS helmet build, and already ID'd some

bits in there.

I see a few 1/72 Macross Regult pieces.

ok I have to ask

I see there is a 1/72 and a 1/100 scale macross kit
and you're parts are obviously dead on
so please tell me that the 1/100 kit isn't tooled exactly the same, just slightly smaller

ok I have to ask

I see there is a 1/72 and a 1/100 scale macross kit
and you're parts are obviously dead on
so please tell me that the 1/100 kit isn't tooled exactly the same, just slightly smaller

The tooling of the 1/100 scale kit is differend - you need the (more expensive) 1/72 scale version.

Cheers,
Stefan

So the 1/24 scale Huey arrived just a few moments ago and it's definitely the kit that donated the large tail parts. :)
It also contained the two "ladder"-like parts that are mounted on the front of the dentist mirrors and one of the two winglets between the ladder and the mirrors - so you need two of these kits!

As for the Italeri Tornado - the tail parts look really close but are probably not the parts used on the Gateway Shuttle. It won't take much effort to make them look right, but as for now the search continues.

Cheers,
Stefan

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back