Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

The original Pulse rifle is one of the best looking cinematic weapons out there. And I love the gyroscopic heavy fire smartguns! I dig that they riffed off existing hardware for those. These unmodified optics in the new film stick out like a sore thumb. At lease go with something that doesn't have such a striking silhouette as an ACOG or EOTEC, or mod it in some way.

IMO the weapons should look a bit disappointing- they need to look like they are built way before the ones used in 'Aliens'.

Agreed and its the same dilema with Star Wars having New items or any CGI look real and old.

Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the next look of the Xeno evolution in between Prometheus and Alien :cool

Alien was my second favorite movie and yes Star Wars was first but the Alien series is more horror and that gave us
something we don't have or need in star wars.

Unless Dinsey has their way and it will all be in one universe close by to each other LOL with Marvel along side it:lol

Why would you be using 20th century tech in what 100-200 years from now? Acog tech is already 20 years old. Ar15's and their go to tech don't belong in this universe/time. It's totally stupid and should jar you right out of the film. Very ignorant decision. A coke can or a baby bottle mounted on a gun with greeblies added makes better sense.

IMO the weapons should look a bit disappointing- they need to look like they are built way before the ones used in 'Aliens'.

I disagree, its 2016 and there's STILL a huge following and mass production of 1911's. The design and mechanics of firearms have only changed ever so slightly throughout the years. The weapons and peripherals are more realistic to me for that time frame than the fact they're traveling light years away. But its a scifi movie, lets enjoy it.

And that's how an Alien egg is *supposed* to open... not that BS "peel open like a banana" effect that every film after the original got wrong, every single time :darnkids

Why would you be using 20th century tech in what 100-200 years from now? Acog tech is already 20 years old. Ar15's and their go to tech don't belong in this universe/time. It's totally stupid and should jar you right out of the film. Very ignorant decision. A coke can or a baby bottle mounted on a gun with greeblies added makes better sense.

You have to realize though that 90% of the movie-going public is not going to know what those parts are, or even recognize them.

Looks like a run of the mill action scifi movie to me. The "Prometheus" trsiler was a lot more exciting. But since noone liked that movie I guess we get what we want, big explosions and girls screaming.

I think the trailer was pretty awesome.

To me it did a great job of melding the horror elements of the first film, the action elements of the second film, and the feel of Prometheus. I only hope the entire film can manage to balance those three aspects well...but after this first trailer, I'm more excited for this film than I was before I saw the trailer...and isn't that what trailers are supposed to do?

So what are the theories with David? In the end of the first film, he was a reduced to head in a bag. Shaw (who does not appear to be in this film) would not have had the skills or tech to rebuild him. Is the engineer ship we see a glimpse of the one she took from the other planet?

It is going to be interesting to see where the Xenos came from. The spores from the fungus looks interesting as well.

This does look good and I am looking forward to seeing it in May next year.

Eehhhh.. I don't know. That trailer didn't do a whole lot for me.

I don't think they should have given the Xenomorph or hatching scenes away so quickly. Obviously we know what they look like and that they'd be in the film, but they really didn't need to put it in the first trailer. I'd have personally left it at the tail and cut to blood, and for the egg, the opening and movement of the face hugger would have been enough. But I am not a trailer maker so what do I know? Nothing. :)

Last edited:
So what are the theories with David? In the end of the first film, he was a reduced to head in a bag. Shaw (who does not appear to be in this film) would not have had the skills or tech to rebuild him. Is the engineer ship we see a glimpse of the one she took from the other planet?

It is going to be interesting to see where the Xenos came from. The spores from the fungus looks interesting as well.

This does look good and I am looking forward to seeing it in May next year.

Shaw will be back, though it looks like only a small role

Whatever you thought of Prometheus, it was was beautiful to look at and at least tried to do something different. This looks so dull and generic it could be a Paul Anderson movie. It will be interesting to see if Scott has overcompensated for the criticisms of Prometheus, or whether the studios have, with this trailer cut.

I'm looking forward to it. Unlike most, I enjoyed Prometheus. Was it a perfect film? Far from it, but I enjoyed it, and like that Ridley is continuing his vision. As far as this Trailer goes? I think we've all learned to not judge a film by its "cover". I for one, have never been a fan of red band trailers, as why provide shock and awe this far from its release? But obviously the industry knows more than I do.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back