Adam Savage (tested) meets the screen used Blade Runner blaster

What version? Voice over...?

I've only seen the version withOUT the voice over.

Very moody picture that - when YOU are in the right mind set - sucks you into its world, its atmosphere, its auditory and visual ambiance... And a story that is intriguing, mystifying maybe, slow somewhat, but enveloping, again when you the viewer are in the right "place".

I really don't remember. Which version would you suggest watching?

Haven't seen the voice over version but I understand Harrison Ford borders on horrible with VO work. And I can't imagine the film with a VO; seems it would really mess with the mood of the film.

The VO's "OK". The self-narration is really a noir throwback, it adds a little info that's not immediately explicit. Allegedly, Harrison deliberately delivered it in a stilted manner because he thought it was a bad idea (IIRC).

The VO is only in the original US theatrical release, I think.

Ridley prefers the "Final Cut." I'd recommend it as well. They restored the film and tidied up some of the optical effects / obvious stunt doubles / lip synch / etc.

The original theatrical release has a 'happy ending,' the Director's Cut and the Final cut are far more ... ambiguous.

Additionally, spoiler alert,
the evidence presented for whether or not Deckard is a Replicant varies per cut of the film.

-MJ

I've only seen it once, but didn't come away that impressed. Being on this forum though and seeing a lot of this blaster though, I have of fallen in love with it. I kind of want to watch the movie again as a result.

The blaster itself is indeed an awesome prop. I wish it had been featured more prominently in the movie. Visually, the whole movie is impressive and iconic, weapons, vehicles, scenery.
I think the blaster has taken on a life of its own since the movie though, perhaps because it wasn't overexposed in the movie and left a lot of mystery.

I saw the Director's Cut, not the Final Cut. So I guess that's no V/O for me.

Love it that you got a chance to see it in person, and thank you and the team for posting the video.

Also loved the dog from Something About Mary in the background

Brownell's Oxpho Blue should blacken the metal perfectly. Degrease the metal and use a toothbrush to apply it to taste, then use 3 in 1 oil to stop where you like it.

-Max

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Psshh, seen it, saved it, retouched the pics :)

I was hoping for something ... UNSEEN.

-MJ

Respect, come on girl show me the chasis

Here's what I got from the display at the Southbank IMAX. DIdn't get as many of the rear as I thought I did, sorry. Hopefully they were some use. Really, really stunning piece. As someone who does graphics for sci-fi shows this blew me away with just how much depth of detail they managed to get in to it - got to love that actor's strike for giving the art department so much prep time ;)

IMG_5242.jpgIMG_5241.jpgIMG_5240.jpgIMG_5239.jpgIMG_5201.jpgIMG_5199.jpgIMG_5197.jpgIMG_5192.jpgIMG_5176.jpg

Uh-oh: the "World Theater" ad came off :(

Attachments

• San-Diego-Comic-Con-2015-Exhibit-Photography-PropStore-London-Los-Angeles-43.jpg
    San-Diego-Comic-Con-2015-Exhibit-Photography-PropStore-London-Los-Angeles-43.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
what a nice clip, nice to see Adam getting as excited as a kid on christmass :)

i heard Dan joking about having two................... you guys realize steyer manlicher also made a left hand version of that rifle? :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back