Adam Savage (tested) meets the screen used Blade Runner blaster

Additionally, there are like 5 versions of the film, so there's a BR for everyone!

The Final Cut, the Director's Cut, the Workprint, the Theatrical Release, the International Cut, the Romantic Comedy version, The Double Secret Special Edition, G-Rated Children's Television Edition, etc.

I'm partial to the "Bladerunner Movie" by Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg...

That scene where Roy Batty releases the pigeon and it circles around and poops on them both... or when Leon goes "Wake up, Time to die!" and then Flavor Flave jumps out with a clock and goes "Boyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

i saw one of those and Coyle was never mentioned.

In fairness to Adam, he was not obliged to mention Richard because he was not implying that he was doing a review of EVERY blaster model made - only the one's he had his fingers on over the years. Although he mentioned Rick's gorgeous blasters by name, he didn't show one of those on his table either.

Maybe Adam's just never built a Coyle...

Regards

Additionally, there are like 5 versions of the film, so there's a BR for everyone!

The Final Cut, the Director's Cut, the Workprint, the Theatrical Release, the International Cut, the Romantic Comedy version, The Double Secret Special Edition, G-Rated Children's Television Edition, etc.

There also was the low budget cut before proper funding.

doandroidsyouknowwelldothey.jpg

Oh my it was pretty. So pretty. Mine is nigh on exact. It was IMMENSELY satisfying to see the real deal. Just incredible. For the edification of the interested, I took some pictures of the two guns and also threw in a Tomenosuke pro for reference.
Blaster with adam053.jpgBlaster with adam052.jpgBlaster with adam051.jpgBlaster with adam050.jpgBlaster with adam049.jpg

My gun is the top one. The real magilla is the middle, and in the picture of me holding both, mine is in my left hand. I ordered some steel blackening compound to darken mine. I don't think I'll add quite as much rust as there is on the real one.

Yes, seeing that Vidphon was also intense. Made me short of breath. The recognizable graffiti!!

So much to see. Just insane.

The videophone! Yeah that thing is just as cool as the blaster. Well, OK. Maybe not just as cool. And beyond the bolt handle flopping around, the bright white new and clean wires are a little jarring to see on such a weathered and patina'd peace of hardware.

If I recall the bolt handle flopped around when it was dropped in the film. Floppy bolt handles are desirable feature!

Oh my it was pretty. So pretty. Mine is nigh on exact. It was IMMENSELY satisfying to see the real deal. Just incredible. For the edification of the interested, I took some pictures of the two guns and also threw in a Tomenosuke pro for reference.
View attachment 587603View attachment 587602View attachment 587601View attachment 587600View attachment 587599

My gun is the top one. The real magilla is the middle, and in the picture of me holding both, mine is in my left hand. I ordered some steel blackening compound to darken mine. I don't think I'll add quite as much rust as there is on the real one.

Yes, seeing that Vidphon was also intense. Made me short of breath. The recognizable graffiti!!

Wicked thanks for posting your pictures Adam they are totally awesome :)

Just plain awesome. Beautiful line up of the blasters! Thank you so much for sharing these photos! Really enjoyed the video too. I would NOT have been able to keep my cool!

View attachment 587603View attachment 587602View attachment 587601View attachment 587600
View attachment 587599

View attachment 587603View attachment 587602View attachment 587601View attachment 587600View attachment 587599

Leave it more silver like it was in the film! It's darkened with age a lot. And how about some love for Richard Coyle?! :)

Last edited:

Blastergasm! It doesn't get better than this. Thanks, Adam, for the stunning pics.

The only downside is now I REALLY want a Tomenosuke. Anyone have £600 to spare?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back