Adam Savage (tested) meets the screen used Blade Runner blaster

Did you see the weird microchip looking thing moulded into the top of the case?

I did not get a good look at the top of the case. We did get good shots of the sides, showing off the interesting texture in the body panels. According to "Future Noir," (IIRC?) the Vid-Phons are supposed to be made from recycled materials, and this was suggested by the addition of plastic model part greeblies. I'm guessing the sides and top were vacu-formed over a master. I can't ID any obvious greeblies, just something that looks like a cylinder here, etc.

Leave it more silver like it was in the film! It's darkened with age a lot. And how about some love for Richard Coyle?! :)

I've never seen convincing evidence it was any different than the as delivered to the studio picture during shooting.....

adams-blade-runner-gun-04.jpg

Hell in the movie it's just plain black blob most of the time. LOL

Oh my it was pretty. So pretty. Mine is nigh on exact. It was IMMENSELY satisfying to see the real deal. Just incredible. For the edification of the interested, I took some pictures of the two guns and also threw in a Tomenosuke pro for reference.

My gun is the top one. The real magilla is the middle, and in the picture of me holding both, mine is in my left hand. I ordered some steel blackening compound to darken mine. I don't think I'll add quite as much rust as there is on the real one.

Yes, seeing that Vidphon was also intense. Made me short of breath. The recognizable graffiti!!

So much to see. Just insane.

Thanks for sharing, Adam!

Attachments

• 12646685_1021194851272453_7800916714688295583_o.jpg
    12646685_1021194851272453_7800916714688295583_o.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 12670552_1021195171272421_7640627263644287144_n.jpg
    12670552_1021195171272421_7640627263644287144_n.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 12642833_1021196211272317_1934132043954367270_n.jpg
    12642833_1021196211272317_1934132043954367270_n.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 112
Nothing to do with the Baster but can anyone ID that torch he used to look down the barrel?

Rich, Karl, and Phill contributed a lot as well.

Maybe Adam did'nt mention them because they had nothing to do with him examining the prop

found it i think....

View attachment 588216

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015OTO5I4/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_g201_i3_sh

- - - Updated - - -

Ahahah no but their products are fantastic ;)

Is it the zoom version as i found in previous post?

Well done - I did have a look at the Nebo website, but didn't see it. Shame it doesn't have a lower low.

Back on topic, I really must get myself a metal replica sometime in the future, even if I have to move to another country to do it!

(And earn more money too!)

That Tomenosuke looks so good! I saw an all black one in person in Japan that was very cheap. What are the different versions of the tomenosuke? I know there is an unassembled metal kit, finished metal version, and an all black version. Are they all different? (eg, plastic parts instead etc) or are they all the same quality/likeness as seen here?

I might keep my eye out around town for one of these (I'd love the unassembled kit, never realised how close Tomenosuke were to the real thing)

TFS with us that wonderful video Adams:cool Really cool to have also to have posted the Tome with the original and yours side by side.

If you think that's bad, I have seen Blade Runner, and hated it. Sacrilege!
But I love seeing Adam's builds for these props, and his enthusiasm is always infectious. That's none more true than watching this video. I know all of us can understand the excitement of spending so much time researching/building a grail prop, and the rush of feelings and thoughts we'd get from seeing it in person.

I've only seen it once, but didn't come away that impressed. Being on this forum though and seeing a lot of this blaster though, I have of fallen in love with it. I kind of want to watch the movie again as a result.

I've only seen it once, but didn't come away that impressed. Being on this forum though and seeing a lot of this blaster though, I have of fallen in love with it. I kind of want to watch the movie again as a result.

What version? Voice over...?

I've only seen the version withOUT the voice over.

Very moody picture that - when YOU are in the right mind set - sucks you into its world, its atmosphere, its auditory and visual ambiance... And a story that is intriguing, mystifying maybe, slow somewhat, but enveloping, again when you the viewer are in the right "place".

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back