Adam Savage (tested) meets the screen used Blade Runner blaster

Dan's collection is INSANE!
I'm glad Adam was able to spend some quality time with his holy grail prop. How many of us can say that?

What was the final sale price?
Assuming you mean the Vid-Phon, the hammer price was £24,000GBP, plus 20% byers premium, plus 3% if it was an online bid and then possibly a further 2% is paid by credit card. As it was an American buyer there wouldn't be the 25% VAT added on. So all in about $43,000USD. You can still search the old lots on the auction site: http://propstore.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/26/lot/3225/

I'd love to know what the blaster went for, anyone seen the hammer price on that?

- - - Updated - - -

$270,000.00

That answers that then! Thanks!

I think I would insist on white glove handling of the artifact myself, over a cushioned area in case accidently dropped.

Man, this makes me want one even more...of course this is one of the most expensive props to get a decent replica of. My dad made me one from bondo and sculpey back in the 90s, always wanted an accurate one.

I don't think I have ever heard Adam when discussing this prop give any credit to Coyle for his exhaustive and comprehensive research and development.

I think he might have gave credit in some video at some point going over all the various blaster lore.

i saw one of those and Coyle was never mentioned.

Yeah, on that BR gun comparison video Adam did not mention Coyle...just the discovery of the World Con blaster and stating that "many" went down to see it. (One of them being Coyle.)

However I don't think Adam would purposely leave out Coyle...it was just probably due to the limited time they had slotted for the video and they had to keep things moving along.

And it does not help when Adam will attempt to go on with some more detail about the replica prop community that the Asian dude would interrupt! LOL!. That dude is always interrupting Adam in mid-sentence. I just want to hear from Adam, dammit! ;) (I am sure he is a nice guy...just messing with him.)

Yeah, on that BR gun comparison video Adam did not mention Coyle...just the discovery of the World Con blaster and stating that "many" went down to see it. (One of them being Coyle.)

However I don't think Adam would purposely leave out Coyle...it was just probably due to the limited time they had slotted for the video and they had to keep things moving along.

And it does not help when Adam will attempt to go on with some more detail about the replica prop community that the Asian dude would interrupt! LOL!. That dude is always interrupting Adam in mid-sentence. I just want to hear from Adam, dammit! ;) (I am sure he is a nice guy...just messing with him.)

Thats the one. I also found it odd he didn't have a Coyle in the table as part of the comparison.

He did mention the SidKit gun, which Adam did have on the table and Adam stated he helped Sid with the research,

And Adam did allude to Coyle when mentioning the drama SidKit went through when it was alleged that Sidkit recast parts of the gun from another maker's BR gun (Which would have been Coyle's gun) Adam also stated he was not aware or involved in the recasting that occurred with Sid.

So maybe Adam did not want to mention Coyle due to a conflict of interest or in an effort to not open old wounds? Who knows? Either way I don't think it was intentional on Adam's part. There was a lot of info he had to go cover with all those guns on his table.

I thought he had but I guess not. There might be a very good reason to NOT mention him if you know what I mean and
was actually doing him a great favor.

Holy smokes! I'd love to see how he really displays his collection because I sure hope this ain't it!

Dan Lannigan said the collection was laid out like that deliberately for the Tested video shoot and that these pieces are usually displayed in 'different ways'.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I have ever heard Adam when discussing this prop give any credit to Coyle for his exhaustive and comprehensive research and development.

I heard that Adam doesn't have a Coyle in his collection either. Dunno if that's true though.

I know its a slap in the face to the sci fi community but the sad fact is that i have never seen blade runner (on my list for sure)

I only saw it for the first time a year and a half ago.

I wanted to watch something new... I have a bad habit of rewatching the same things over and over... I noticed a buddy of mine had put Bladerunner on my player, so figured "Ah what the heck... see what this is all about".

From the opening shot, with the incredible score, I was hooked...

Then Leon and the Voight Kampf test..

And then young Harrison, with that Indy/Solo smirk...

And then Roy Batty

and then the friggin blaster...

After 38 years of movie viewing, Bladerunner instantly became my favorite film of all time.

Check it out... so worth it.

Blade Runner is as deep as you want to make it and it asks that you adjust to it's pace, best viewed without interruption and as
immersive as possible.
A read of do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is also worthy companion piece, they are as different as they are similar.
It enhances understanding and appreciation of the film.

Additionally, there are like 5 versions of the film, so there's a BR for everyone!

The Final Cut, the Director's Cut, the Workprint, the Theatrical Release, the International Cut, the Romantic Comedy version, The Double Secret Special Edition, G-Rated Children's Television Edition, etc.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back