1/72 Boeing 747 with Shuttle commission

That...looks...AWSOME!!!

I am glad to see it got finished. And even if it doesn't have the tailcone, given the work needed it looks great!!!

The worn look of the TPS on Atlantis is very nicely done. Please give us the particulars of how you did that.

I really like it but at the same time i will be glad to see the back of it. Its been hanging around too long and to be honest i did think it would never be finished. Should be done and dusted tomorrow though , then its out with this and in with a Randy Cooper Star Destroyer!

Oh, man, I thought you gave up on this. Awesome to see the finished pictures. I remember trying to get a Transport Wings 747 a while back from England and it was going to end up costing around $250-$300. :wacko Looks great finished! And, I'd like to know about the weathering on the shuttle, too.

Thanks Guys. The weathering was done with a mix i use on all of my models of Tamiya German grey and earth. The nose was actually a very basic technique. I just help a piece of paper around the nose and sprayed grey over it. When you remove the paper you get that nice effect.

Awesome work!
I had the 1/144 scale model when I was a kid.

I found this interesting photo on wikipedia. Too bad it to small to show on even the 1/72 747.
719px-Shuttle_mounting_point.JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back