1/2 studio scale TOS Galactica 95% done updated 12/22

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Just spectacular. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Looking forward to the addition of those forced-perspective decals on the landing bays. :)

Mike, that looks fantastic. Very nice work.

It's a little info too late, but for the various kit bash parts that you couldn't find at "1/2" scale... You could try getting the "1/1" scale parts and shrink them down with 'Hydroshrink' (www.industrialpolymers.com) and then re-mold them. Reduces parts by 51% if used properly. I've had nothing but good luck with it in the few things I've used it for. The material is a urethane polymer with a VERY low shore hardness, but if you work carefully, it could work for this sort of thing. Just an idea for future builds.

Anyway, nice job.

Are you sure you didn't really start this about five or more years ago ? That is just amazing that you could produce anything in such a short period of time, let alone something that well done. The small-scale Dragon kits sure look like their large-scale counterparts.

Excellent work, but it begs the question...

When are you going to start a half-scale Shuttle ? :p

Wow that is a fantastic build! I also like the way you went about it and weren't worried about matching every detail. That’s a real inspiration to others including myself to take on a project like that. I have been thinking of building a half scale as well and after seeing yours its that’s definitely what I would like to do. Thanks for sharing!

I'm amazed to realize that as detailed as it was -- and filled with lighting circuitry -- that the original Galactica model was made for TV production! Most feature film models weren't that good!

The original BSG Galactica -- not the awful remake version -- stands along with the Enterprise and Millennium Falcon as one of those models that stands the test of time and has aged gracefully without losing its unique character.

It also has some sense of practicality with fighters landing in the twin bays. Galactica's definitely a spacecraft carrier and could in a way serve as the model to what will almost inevitably happen in the future.

The 1/2 Scale Model here looks very good. I'm sure mslz22 could easily sell it to a Galactica collector if he wanted to. I was amazed by the overall detail but the bottom section really caught me by surprise! It definitely needed a case with a mirror!

Boy this got turned up after a long time! Thanks...this one of a kind still sits in my basement room!
mike

Anything I've never seen/read no matter how old is always new. This build is truly inspiring and I wish someday you'd post a parts-map of YOUR galactica.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back