1/144 Star Wars Millennium Falcon (The Force Awakens) plastic model BANDAI

Hi Guys.

Looking at the Bandai Landing gears, do you think its a bit oversized. The landing plates are bigger than the landing gear boxes....how can that fit?

Is this landing gear the same size with the Fine Mold 1/144 ones

Yeah, I noticed that too but I'm not going to use those landing gears so....
The Fine Molds are smaller then the one on the Bandai's.

To see the shiny new landing gear against your masterful painting and weathering techniques just enforces how magnificent of an artist you truly are. Wow...just wow.

To see the shiny new landing gear against your masterful painting and weathering techniques just enforces how magnificent of an artist you truly are. Wow...just wow.

:$

Sexy isn't it :D

Your splatters are impressive , great control

Yes....fantastic spatter.

That is the one layer that is often sacrificed at this scale

Thanks for all the kind words :$

I have progressed on the detailling of the landing gears and on the damaged area ( :wacko ) when that small zone will be re paint it will be like nothing happen :thumbsup

Will post pics soon :thumbsup

Yes, but the Fine Molds 1/144 Falcon is smaller overall than Bandai's, so the landing gear should be smaller.

Fine Molds kinda' screwed the pooch on the stated scales for their line of Star Wars kits, didn't they? :lol

Yes I know, just wanted to show how way off FM is compare to the Bandai's (mentioned by a Falcon expert somewhere els).

Bandai got the scale correct for the ship at 1/144 but those landing gears are way too big to be the at correct scale,
so Bandai also got sloppy and missed this. :)

So after some minors last touches I'm realy happy with the top side of the hull :)

This area is now DONE and all I need to do here is let it dry fully and then shoot a last coat of mat varnish witch is somewhere in the mail :rolleyes

Some update on the landing pad / DC connector :thumbsup

All the stuff you see have to come one piece at the end, I may start the drill press or the milling machine on this one :rolleyes

Then I will have to finished preparing the no more damaged smal area and do a neat masking job to shoot the lite grey color on this zone and on the landing gears :thumbsup

And guess what? Yep the paint also is somewhere in the mail :lol

But varnish and paint will be there by the end of the week ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back