1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Sorry to hear about the setback, but with Starkiller and Chris on it, I think you'll be fine. On another note, your little side project is Awesome! Your nuts dude!

So what do I do when its raining out and I can't move forward on the project?

I build a smaller scale cockpit! :)

Start with some foam core, a print out of the cockpit, an X-Acto, and other necessary items...

20121215_103245.jpg

Then I cut and tape all the edges together...
20121215_103305.jpg

20121215_103350.jpg

20121215_103254.jpg

20121215_110925.jpg

Kinda blurry... sorry
20121215_110950.jpg

Back
20121215_110959.jpg

20121215_111012.jpg

Now I just need to create the entire MF...
20121215_111028.jpg

More to Come! If it stops raining...

Hi Gang,

Its been raining ALL weekend... So, I did a little LED work on the panels...

These LEDs are REALLY bright. Is there a "dimmer" I can install between the LED and the 6v power supply? I think if the brightness was toned down it would look really sharp!

Again, this is NOT the final cockpit surround. This version will be for display and promo purposes only. :)

With Flash
20121216_153659.jpg

W/O
20121216_153707.jpg

Back side
20121216_153720.jpg

Coming along - I noticed of few of the LED holder sides sticking out - I fixed them
20121216_154523.jpg

20121216_154540.jpg

20121216_154546.jpg

This panel is all set - I added some extra LEDs so I could use an entire string
20121216_174123.jpg

20121216_174118.jpg

20121216_174105.jpg

I have an idea cooking and I'm hoping that it works!

More to Come!

Last edited:

These picture frame pads are transparent. If I spray a layer of the same paint I used for the dome lenses then cut a hole in the panel and add a backlight... I might get another illuminated button effect! :)

20121216_175552.jpg

More to come!

I am amazed at the output and QUALITY of your work. How many versions of the Mill Falcon does a guy need? A miniature version, a test version, a demo promo version, a fullscale ANH version, and a fullscale ESB version, wow. I bet you have a toy version too. I'm just giving you a hard time. :lol

Actually, I am quite interested in your foamcore work. I'm constructing Death Star hallway walls soon and researching the various types of cutters. I'm looking at making long smooth cuts in fullsize wall panels. Only reason I don't have the foamcore yet is cost. It's gonna cost over $400 to get a big ol' stack of that stuff delivered here. If I ever get it done, it will be sooo worth it!

I am amazed at the output and QUALITY of your work. How many versions of the Mill Falcon does a guy need? A miniature version, a test version, a demo promo version, a fullscale ANH version, and a fullscale ESB version, wow. I bet you have a toy version too. I'm just giving you a hard time. :lol

Actually, I am quite interested in your foamcore work. I'm constructing Death Star hallway walls soon and researching the various types of cutters. I'm looking at making long smooth cuts in fullsize wall panels. Only reason I don't have the foamcore yet is cost. It's gonna cost over $400 to get a big ol' stack of that stuff delivered here. If I ever get it done, it will be sooo worth it!

Hi A,

Thanks for the kind words. How many versions do I need? Can one person ever have enough? ;)

As the project moves forward we're making realizations and changing how things would, could and should work. I'm thinking the new cockpit panels should be aluminum - not MDF. I think will that lend a much more authentic look and feel.

What are your plans for the foam core? Are you looking at doing something large scale? I've worked with foam core for years and in my experience, it ALWAYS warps over time. Would enjoy hearing your ideas.

Last edited:

this is such a cool project , i have a cockpit that we made for a display back in 1996 i think it was and it looked cool but was not acurect but we do have some reel dressing and two screen used chairs from the back.

but have to say very nice job

jason

Sorry to hear about the setback, but with Starkiller and Chris on it, I think you'll be fine. On another note, your little side project is Awesome! Your nuts dude!

You know... I'm begining to think I am! :) I had a some free time and the rain wasn't letting up so I decided to have a little fun... Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

We decided to keep the current panel as is and just use this cockpit srround / console for promo purposes only. I think that's a better idea. We're hoping to get a space for an upcoming show in Jan. I'm hoping to have at least everything painted, striped and the mosaic tiles added. LEDs are nice but not necessarily needed.

The console still needs the throttle levers/housing and then a few greeblies here and there. The quad still needs some greeblies and a few layers of paint and weathering... So yes... I think I am nuts! :)

WOW! :eek LOVE the foam core cockpit! Would you be interested in sharing the files so I could print out a set for myself? Or are they Steve's files?

Great work on the full scale Falcon! (y)thumbsup

WOW! :eek LOVE the foam core cockpit! Would you be interested in sharing the files so I could print out a set for myself? Or are they Steve's files?

Great work on the full scale Falcon! (y)thumbsup

Hi Brinn,

Thanks for the kind words. Things have been VERY hectic lately and with the rain over the weekend I haven't been able to finish the basic shell of the cockpit. grrrr...

Let me chat with Starkiller and see what he thinks of sharing the images. If there are no issues I'll be more than happy to forward. I'll make sure the images are high rez so you can scale to whatever size... :)

Every once in a while I return here to drool and you never disappoint! :thumbsup

LOL! Thank you, Sir. :) I sorry that things are not farther along. Winter means colder and shorter days and rain never helps... I do have a LONG holiday coming up and I'm hoping to have at least the cockpit surround built, painted and at least pin striped before the new year! LEDs? That's another story!

The console itself is ALMOST finshed. Just waiting on a few parts. :)

I'm going to create a base for the console to sit. This will raise the console approx 12 - 15 in. The original set design had the console sitting up higher than the chairs. When displayed, the console will line up with the surround. :) I hope...

As always... Stay Tuned!

Just putting this idea out there - looking at the five circular objects attached to a backing plate under Han's hand here, now, I've always thought they was car disc horns...

HanChewieFixin.jpg

...but, doesn't five horns together make 'La Cucaracha'? >.<

They could be a "Dome" or Tail Light" housing from an automobile - minus the lens. The black reminds me of the gasket that separates the body from the housing.

They could be a "Dome" or Tail Light" housing from an automobile - minus the lens. The black reminds me of the gasket that separates the body from the housing.

This area is now under deconstruction, I think that's the right idea there. There's another two of these in the area where C3PO gets blasted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back