1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

This area is now under deconstruction, I think that's the right idea there. There's another two of these in the area where C3PO gets blasted.

I looked at the screen grab and I have NO IDEA what that part could possibly be. I don't know if its a reused, real or a fabricated greeblie...

I think it can be easily replicated. :)

I just enjoyed the heck out of the 75 pages of this thread. Simply amazing!

Hi Assassin,

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread and for the very kind words. I'm hoping the next 75 pages will be as enjoyable... :)

I always look forward to more on this. It's all kinds of awesome.

This is the first thread I seek out when I sign on here! :thumbsup

this is such a cool project , i have a cockpit that we made for a display back in 1996 i think it was and it looked cool but was not acurect but we do have some reel dressing and two screen used chairs from the back.

but have to say very nice job

jason

Hi Jason,

My apologies for not responding sooner. :)

We would all enjoy seeing pics of your cockpit! Especially the chairs! Do you still have them?

I always look forward to more on this. It's all kinds of awesome.

This is the first thread I seek out when I sign on here! :thumbsup

Thank you, My Friend! That means a lot. :) I promise there will be substantial progress within the next few days!

Hi Gang,

I've been chatting with Starkiller and I've decided to create the side panels that run along side the console. I will not do the canopy (unless I'm really bored) - I don't think that's a good use of resources... But I think it will make a pretty cool display prop - YES... I know the canopy would be cool! lol :)

Quick Morning Pic...

20121220_055411.jpg

You're a real nerd! :rolleyes

In other bedrooms you will find lingerie and stockings lying on the floor in the morning.... :love

Side panels is the way to go I rekon, that should give a good indication of the floor space needed. That will lead on to the front parts and windows, then maybe work back via the roof. Something like that maybe.

lol, in space there are no pantaloons :p

Hi Gang,

The panel right behind Chewie has the rocker sliders. From what I can tell, they are backlit, raised but the rocker knobs appear to be static. Do you think this was an actual part or fabricated? Any ideas?

Its part of the "bare" panel below
20121208_154212.jpg

1-3.png

Screen Grab
swempire_5742.jpg

In other bedrooms you will find lingerie and stockings lying on the floor in the morning.... :love

LMAO! Thank you! Thats was the best kickstart to any morning I've had in a long time! :)

I think the long parts that the fader-like switches are on are something like this...

Though these are shorter in this pic, they come in sections so can be extended and have holes in so the fader parts can be placed where needed. I cant think of the name of the parts off hand.

Wavey,

I've been looking at motherboard designs. What I've found so far - ISA Connector. Does that sound right?

"... she might not look like much... but she's got it where it counts!"

That's the one! I was thinking of someting like that from a 1975 Altair 8800.

Needs to be a tad longer, or, they patched 2 together.

WOW! That looks really close! I don't think they were called "ISA" connectors back then. But those are really close! I've been looking online trying to find replacement parts.

Does anybody know what these "blue" parts are called?

I was looking through your album - can't believe no one has been able to identify those pesky panel lights!

lensSpace1999BringersOfWonderpart2.jpg

While it may not be the actual full on real part for this bit, the MIT does fit as it came in a kit and in its day was the, first affordable home computer for the masses - and was built by USAF bods.

Maybe needs a bit more research for the real part but the 'sullinscorp.com' part could be a good stand in. An Altair 8800 still appears on UK telly too in 'The IT Crowd'.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back