New Project - Captain Jack Harkness Vortex Manipulator Wristband

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thought it was time I had a go at this one :)

jackvortexmanipulator.jpg

My girlfriend is going to do the leatherwork, she is (now) a big Torchwood fan and has pressing, cutting and sewing skills.
So I'm doing the fascia part. I had the main pattern laser cut in acrylic from AI artwork.

vortex1.jpg

With Samsung Cellphone part and buttons (from an old keyboard)

votex2.jpg

I will be working on the bottom right greeblie over the weekend, hope to get stuck into the leatherwork over the next week. Will post updates as and when :)

Looking good, Simon :thumbsup

The part by the thumbwheel, is that a raised button or a cutout with maybe EL sheet?

-Fred

Looking good, Simon :thumbsup

The part by the thumbwheel, is that a raised button or a cutout with maybe EL sheet?

-Fred

It's raised, with a round mesh pattern in front of the illumination. Unfortunateley, the reference for this prop is not great, pretty much screencaps only at this point.

Right now I'm not shooting for a working prop, maybe when I've got the prototype worked out I might have a play with the electronics :)

Finished working on the the control panel and bought the leather to make the wristband. Looking forward to getting this one down :)

Oooo nice! I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one!!!

Any chance you'll do a run?

I'd be happy with a bare bones, unpainted copy of just the faceplate.

Yeah, I will most likeley be casting it, may offer a small run of the complete wristband, depending on how it turns out.

I've been working on one of these with a regular digital watch in it for a couple weeks. I think I did it wrong though and I have to start over. Looking forward to seeing your progress and I may be interested in the computer part/the whole thing if you do a run.

Glad to see this happening, I gave up on my project a while ago. I could not do the wrist band myself and could not find a partner in it. Can I pick out one small area to work on? The vertical slits next to the screened are, does not have holes in it. The slits do not go all the way through, but rather are scribed in. The screened area should be a separate piece of gold screen, fine screen like the kind on a screen door. For whatever it's worth.

Looks great, keep it up.

So glad to see someone making one, I've wanted one for a long time now. Fantastic job, Birdie. Can't wait to see more progress, especially on the leather housing.

Hah busted! :lol

That actually looks pretty good, other than the control panel being far too high, to fit the electronics.

I'm guessing the strap isn't gonna be real leather at that price, will make my life easier for replication, thouh.

Strap looks like molded plasctic to me, but would be helpful in making the pattern for a leather one. Yeah, the panel is a bit high, but is a great start for making one. I may have to get one. Hope it's adult sized ;)

Things have been kind of insane for Linda at work since Christmas, hopefully she will have some time to work on this later this month.

I will keep this thread updated with any progress.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back