Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom Voodoo Pin!!! UPDATED!!!

RelicMaker

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Have you ever wanted to be a pain in Indiana Jones' back?

Well, soon you'll be able to!:love:thumbsup

I've been working on and off on this for the past week and I'm almost finished. So far, I've got the front done, with only a few minor details and cleaning up to do.
Then I'll finish sculpting the back, which includes more jewels. A big oval diamond and a ruby on the top and bottom of the diamond.
I'll be casting this in pewter, adding the jewels (Swarovski Crystals) that you see, adding a thick long needle coming out the bottom, and then adding the black ostrich plumage coming out the top.

I know I said I was going to start working on other Indiana Jones props, but I was watching TOD the other night and forgot how amazing this prop was! So, I had to make it! Plus, I wanted to do something that hasn't been offered before. At least, I don't think it has...:confused

Anyways, here's what I have so far!:cool:thumbsup

Updated since last time I posted!
This went through a whole resculpt. So, here's the new updated version!
Enjoy!

Before!
VoodooPinRPF1.jpg

After!
VoodooSculpt1.jpg
VoodooSculpt2.jpg

vodooNeedle.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom Voodoo Pin!!!

Very nice work!! I'm not a HUGE indy fan (Love the movies just not as much as Star Wars, lol) but appreciate a cool prop when i see one. :thumbsup

Looks good so far. I can't remember but wasn't the pin a small blade?

Thanks guys!:thumbsup

Looks good so far. I can't remember but wasn't the pin a small blade?

No, it was a pin. This whole thing was actually jewel-encrusted hat pin that sat front and center on the Maharajah's sultans hat.

Last edited:

Very nice, look forward to updates. Here's a screencap I just made. Anyone have better pix of the actual prop?

Pumpernickel

hairpin2.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks guys!:)

I got a pretty good picture of the actual prop from someone over at the COW Indy forum. So, I'll be doing alot of changes to this sculpt. It turns out that the center skull is actually a monkey skull with fangs. It's hard to tell from the screencaps above and it being at an angle, but here it is.

TOD_01.jpg

Looking great, Brenton! I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Keep us posted when these go up in the junkyard.

WOW Brenton. You cease to amaze me!! Though I am not a fan of TTOD, you rock...NOW GET TO THE CROSS OF CORONADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You tha Man!!!

Brad

I think I recognize those wings from a Harley Davidson pin that got stuck in my mother's tire 20 years ago. For years it was on my bulletin board and then in my desk. I'll have to look and see if I still have it.

I looked and couldn't find it. I think I remember finally tossing it out. Here is one I found online that is similar to it, except the detail is none too sharp. Though finding the picture below assures me that I'm onto something. You can even see the two points sticking out at the bottom from the pin on the Voodoo prop.

Picture1-1.png

Sweet find Evan!:cool:thumbsup

I was wondering what the points were supposed to be. I couldn't tell if they're the feet of the bat/demon creature, a couple of claws, or just points....

It seems they may be just points!

Last edited:

Thts really nice, man...

very rare prop in the big indy props section...

Nice that someone do something new... :thumbsup

Looking great I have been waiting for someone to make this prop can't wait to see how it ends up.
Kevjh

Looking good man!!! Looking good!

I don't have any ref material available so I can't offer tweaks to the sculpt, but I can say it's a damned fine looking piece :thumbsup

Can't wait to see that puppy in metal!

Chris

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back