ESB O2 Mask, Welding torch, and googles

defyitall

Sr Member
I'm getting tired of people not recognizing my Han ESB costume. So, I am trying to make or acquire some accessories. I am purchasing Marcus' welding goggles but I'd also like to tackle the oxygen mask they use in the "cave."

I searched and came up with some vagueries about it having been tracked down and possibly built. But no reall information.

Anyone know what parts were used for this? Where they can be found? If anyone has made a replica?

I have a few of the clear oxygen masks.
I added dust-filters from work goggles to the cheeks, but, I have no clue
about the cannister.. and I still need the right hose too.

I'll get a pic for you in a bit.

~Russ

Awesome. Do you know what specific kind of mask was used?

I had planned on going the route of just tucking the tube into my coat. Since the canister is rarely seen.

Yeah lets get this discussion going again and see if we can get accurate masks together.

If machined parts are needed maybe one of our resident machinists will step up if there's enough demand. Since the base masks are very cheap maybe a lot of people will want one :)

And why not discuss the welding torch while were at it? We know its based on one of the droid callers. Any new reference material surfaced? Can anyone do HD caps for us?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(defyitall @ Mar 8 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1435005[/snapback]</div>
Awesome. Do you know what specific kind of mask was used?

I had planned on going the route of just tucking the tube into my coat. Since the canister is rarely seen.
[/b]

I'll look and see if there are any markings.

I want to make the canister w/strap..may as well be complete :)
Just need some HD Caps..

~Russ

I think the torch was a 2-Cell Graflex..on a stick :p

"And why not discuss the welding torch while were at it? We know its based on one of the droid callers. Any new reference material surfaced? Can anyone do HD caps for us?"

Ah, a 2-cell?

I changed the thread title to emcompass the O2 mask, torch, and goggles. See what info we can dig up. I will try and get some screen grabs of the oxygen mask and welder tonight. Not HD but better than nothing.

I was trying to look at O2 masks on eBay. But without a clear picture in my head of what I need, I was lost. Gotta get some screencaps tonight.

I have a couple of correct masks/found items, as well as the correct hose.

They were made by Aerflo, Australia.(at least mine were).

[attachmentid=12954]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HDPE @ Mar 8 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1435111[/snapback]</div>
I have a couple of correct masks/found items, as well as the correct hose.

They were made by Aerflo, Australia.(at least mine were).
[/b]

Yep, Those are what i have too...turns out I do have the correct hose, just not enough of it.
I couldn't find any kind of markings on my masks..or hose..i'm sure it's easy to get this stuff from any med supply store though.
I also found a thing that i hope i can mod for the canister because it makes a cool noise when you breath into it.

[attachmentid=12962]
[attachmentid=12963]
[attachmentid=12964]

~Russ

Ok, the company is now called Unomedical. The product number is the same 1629-00 Audlt Aerosol Mask.

It seems that the respritory products are sold in the US under the name Hospitak. Having trouble finding anything to buy online though. Might have found a nebulizer kit that come with the Adult mask.

The tubing looks to be Aerosol tubing. There seems to be lengths of 40 in or 72 in available from Unomedical's US company.

Their online store is offline right now. But that tubing does look good.

I think I am going to pick up that nebulizer kit just to get the correect mask.

If you go here you can purchase a Hospitak Opti-Mist Clear Nebulizer kit which should come with the Adult Aerosol Mask. The same model as the Aerflo ones seen above.

Also on that site they sell corrugated tubing in lengths of 6 feet. Seems to be what we need. It's not kind with the segments every 6 inches. They have a separate product for that.

Obviously it doesn't get you the canister. But it's one fell swoop for parts of the O2 mask.

There's also the strap. Its black rubber (neoprene?).

I got mine from a member here a while ago. Not sure of sources though.

neb1.jpg

neb2.jpg

Ahh I didn't realize they used a different strap. It looks like the strap from some scuba goggles. Anyone know how they attached that strap to the mask?

As far as I remember its a camera accessory. Wrist strap?... could be wrong though.

But it wouldn't be the first use of scube equipment in ESB. I can think of five others.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(defyitall @ Mar 9 2007, 03:04 AM) [snapback]1435333[/snapback]</div>
Ahh I didn't realize they used a different strap. It looks like the strap from some scuba goggles. Anyone know how they attached that strap to the mask?
[/b]

That's a definite possibility. Could be a rubber neck strap or wrist strap. My mind jumped to scuba headgear.

I got some good screengrabs of the mounting points. Uploading now.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back