Han's ESB Welding Goggles

Media Man

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone know the correct welding goggles Han wore for that scene in ESB? Looked through every Ebay listing and am having a hard time tracking them down. Has it even been identified?
1000003802.jpg

Not made by BOC. BUt the ones I have are not labelled, stamp'd or printed on. Makes it very tricky to hunt.

Attachments

• edit_5574 Rev1.JPG
    edit_5574 Rev1.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 42
Not made by BOC. BUt the ones I have are not labelled, stamp'd or printed on. Makes it very tricky to hunt.
Yeah I think the letters on the side of the original prop might be an inventory thing. Where'd you find yours at?

a lot of luck on the bay - labelled wrong lol. It happens a lot in my collecting. Welders / welding / stempunk / etc-etc. but I found a similar set if the green ones the Princess wears - same make as Han's - minty n box'd, they say North safety equipment.

Attachments

• 100_5460.JPG
    100_5460.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • vintagogg1.jpg
    vintagogg1.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 61
They're definitely the standard bakelite plastic which is a common material for welding goggles/ safety glasses. The Han Solo version lens caps/ rims have such a distinct shape to them, unlike most others I've seen that typically have knurling for grip which helps when you have to replace the lenses. The quest to I.D. these intrigues me as I've been very interested in Luke's Jedi sandstorm goggles, which were also off the shelf welding goggles.

The variations out there would make for a great base for custom SW goggles too.

a lot of luck on the bay - labelled wrong lol. It happens a lot in my collecting. Welders / welding / stempunk / etc-etc. but I found a similar set if the green ones the Princess wears - same make as Han's - minty n box'd, they say North safety equipment.
Those clear ones seem close. I wonder if there's a side picture to see if it had the vent.

My closest finds have been these but again the sides don't have the vent.
1000003809.jpg
1000003808.jpg
1000003810.jpg

Last edited:
The clear vwrsion are neglidgable, old data, pay them no mind - the pic just confirms the box/colour and name - they must have been spot on tho, from several years ago. Here's a tad mo info tho. But from a red set.

Attachments

• welding goggles 1.jpg
    welding goggles 1.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 40
  • welding goggles 2.jpg
    welding goggles 2.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 38
  • welding goggles 3.jpg
    welding goggles 3.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 33
  • welding goggles 4.jpg
    welding goggles 4.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 34
The clear vwrsion are neglidgable, old data, pay them no mind - the pic just confirms the box/colour and name - they must have been spot on tho, from several years ago. Here's a tad mo info tho. But from a red set.
Awesome, they look pretty close!

Could you share where you found this? Is it a listing somewhere?

these was all from several years ago, there's no quick find for them unfortunately, just a lot of looking at all bay listings - the "kite" hreartshaped mark and BS sramp= the usual british safety standard, but that usage law probably does not apply today. so no real world usage in today's world! not even if you mix the green and blue lenses together!!

these was all from several years ago, there's no quick find for them unfortunately, just a lot of looking at all bay listings - the "kite" hreartshaped mark and BS sramp= the usual british safety standard, but that usage law probably does not apply today. so no real world usage in today's world! not even if you mix the green and blue lenses together!!
Ah sounds good. Thanks for helping me with this little treasure hunt!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back