Gatchaman/ Battle of the Planets/ G-Force First Look (Japan)

I watched the original when I was stationed in Japan from 1975-1976. This might be fun. I wonder if it will be as bloody as the original.

That preview looks amazing! I loved this show when I was a kid. They even have the Fiery Phoenix!

What is "BUMP OF CHICKEN" at 1:00 ?

And Zoltar is a chick!

Actually Bry Zoltar is a Hermaphrodite!! In Japan the show revealed a little more. Aside from that Twist in season 2 they killed off Jason, but he was back a few episodes later - stronger than ever. Turned out the bad guys rebuilt him and turned him into a spy.

Actually Bry Zoltar is a Hermaphrodite!! In Japan the show revealed a little more. Aside from that Twist in season 2 they killed off Jason, but he was back a few episodes later - stronger than ever. Turned out the bad guys rebuilt him and turned him into a spy.

I literally just found that out this morning! I can recall as a kid when they revealed him to be a her I was shocked but I didn't realize the character was so complex.

So...I'm a bit naive about this sort of stuff, but is this likely to be dubbed/subtitles for an international release because I really wanna see this in a theatre. It seems like a high budget picture.

So...I'm a bit naive about this sort of stuff, but is this likely to be dubbed/subtitles for an international release because I really wanna see this in a theatre. It seems like a high budget picture.

Japan release in August. As for an international release, it most likely won't happen. Specialty theaters (most likely in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco) may get a print later on but you're most likely going to have to wait a year or so for Blu-Ray/DVD release unless you import it if it comes out earlier but expect only subtitles if you're lucky.

It's like DBZ: Battle of Gods. Released in theaters in Japan only and the BR/DVD is coming out in Japan only in September. Peru will get a release before the rest of the world does....

I'm expecting something similar to Space Battleship Yamato, both in terms of quality and availability. Namely, don't expect it in US theaters, see it however you can find it...

That's a shame. I was hoping they'd release it - especially considering the success of The Raid.

The Raid: Redemption is an Indonesian movie and is in a totally different genre. It and other movies like Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers, Ong Bak, Hero, Curse of the Golden Flower, etc. are all stylized martial art movies were released internationally to theaters well after they were initially released in their native countries. They were also trying to capitalize on the Hollywood success of Jet Li, Chow Yun-Fat and Jackie Chan.

Movies like Gatchaman are for a niche audience. The general viewing public (especially in the U.S.) outside of Japan will see it as a "Power Rangers" type movie and nothing but. Outside of going to Japan to see it, your best bet is importing the BR/DVD when it's released or finding some other way to watch it.

Also, I'm glad they're going with the original names of the team and not using the ones from Battle of the Planets or G-Force. And does anybody know if the villain is actually named Zoltar? Or the original Kattse? Probably Zoltar since it sounds "cooler"....

I'll definitely import the BR. I just hope there isn't going to be an America remake down the line.

Needs more Jun the Swan :love :love :love

think_pink_2_by_springie-d4yvum9.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back