Cross Punisher NEW PICS 19/JUL/2011

Re: Nicholas D. Wolfwood's Cross Punisher

I have what is PROBABLY a Sidkit recast of the Poseidon Grader. Unfortunately, thanks to my stupid stepsister whom I thankfully never have to see any more, it's missing some pieces. I was actually hoping this thread might lead to a source for more of those kits so I could replace my missing pieces.

Also, there's a MOVIE!? I'm going to have to look into this.

That was just about the worst trailer I've ever seen. I do want to see the movie, though.

Hahaha. I had no idea it was actually pronounced 'TriGAN'. I've been saying it wrong all these years. Who knew :rolleyes

That was just about the worst trailer I've ever seen. I do want to see the movie, though.

Yea I think that was the first trailer for it, theres a website for the film that has a more recent one. I came out in theatres in April so its not going to get subbed untill a DVD/blu-ray release.

There are people that sub shows like One Piece and Narutard every single week, and nobody's taken the time to sub this movie that came out 6 months ago? What's wrong with kids these days?

There are people that sub shows like One Piece and Narutard every single week, and nobody's taken the time to sub this movie that came out 6 months ago? What's wrong with kids these days?

The only copies of the film would be handicam theatre videos, no good subbing group is going to bother with quality that crappy. Blame whoever is in charge of the DVD release.

Seem there has been doubt about my abilities to make the stuff I post. I am still working on this piece, but my apartment complex won't allow me to wood work on the balcony, and the Cross Punisher is gonna be made entirely out of wood so I can cast it in resin. I have not lost interest in this at all, and will be able to continue most likely at the beginning of the year. Don't lose hope if you are watching this thread, because I haven't.

Sadly, yes. Sorry for those watching this thread, but I just don't have to work environment for this project at this time.

I will continue working on the Grader handguns however. There will be a new thread following that build up.

Last edited:

Update for you all. I finally moved into a house with a full basement, so I can begin prep work for this project. I have a potential customer which has motivated me to begin work again. It will be a few weeks before I have the materials, but I can continue the designing and such work.

I also obtained a Colt Commander handgun, so I can start converting that to a screen accurate model for the type A punisher.

This may seem a bit crazy, but I just recently had a go at repairing my own power windows. I grabbed a couple window regulators from the junkyard for less than $20 each and they have that wire system all worked out. It seems really easy to replicate, you would just need a regulator, and enough wire to run back and forth inside the cross. It could be easily activated with a button press, and the strength of the cables should be pretty decent, especially I imagine if the regulator comes from a higher end car than my poor little Mitsubishi, or something bigger like a van or large truck. Just a thought.

Now granted I didn't have too long to decipher those plans of yours, but the window regulator I was dealing with had a single plastic flywheel inside a case, and both ends of the same piece of steel (?) braided wire hooked into the plastic flywheel via end pieces attached to the ends of the steel cable that notched into the flywheel in such a way as to not come loose and wound inside the case so as not to come loose or get snagged. Then depending on which direction you were holding the window button would move back and forth along a guide rail.

W01331601235DOR.JPG

So the circular part there to the left is the flywheel inside it's case, and the rectangular object hanging off the other side at top left is the motor. It's a simple mechanism that I wouldn't think would be too hard to either modify for your use or replicate somehow. I'll try to find the extra flywheel I have to show how the cable is attached to the flywheel.

Nice post Wicked. I had thought of using electronics but I'm not very good with that type of stuff. I'm better with mechanical functions, which is why I went the manual route. I will see how my original designs work, and if it's a fail then I will change to electronics. I hadn't thought of using a car window regulator. Wouldn't be very fast though.

Agreed, though I'm not sure anything short of compressed air or some sort of industrial strength spring will get very fast. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the little motor in that thing would push that much weight if it were made of wood or metal. Maybe some sort of weight assisted pulley system? I'll think on it some more.

Update for you guys. I got the size of the cross down, as well as a handgun deployment system worked out (A LOT harder than I first anticipated). It doesn't need to be screen accurate because in the anime there is no deployment system. The handguns just flip out on thin air (go check it out).

I found a type of wood at homedepot that is extremely light weight and durable. Should prove to be perfect for this project.

The handgun in the picture is the Colt Commander I will be converting into the Grader handguns. That will be after the cross is completed though. I'm just using it for sizing the interior sections.

Also, after much deliberation, I have decided to use 5 handguns per arm, verses the original 4 I chose. This was decided after making most of my design sketches and planning based on the original concept art, which shows 5 per arm. As stated in the first post, the anime shows 4, 5, and 6 per arm at different times, so I'm going with the concept.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Last edited:

*Update*

I got the internal panel piece measured and cut. Didn't get the bottom right hole cut yet because I haven't started the deployment parts and didn't want to get ahead of myself. Now that I have one done, I can just use it as a stencil and router the rest of them. Saves time and money :) (Anyone know why my cat is always creeping in my pictures??? lol)

IMG_0732.jpg

Quick size comparison:
IMG_0734.jpg

Quick update guys.

I got the internal panels for the left side cut out. Just need a little TLC and they should be good to go. I need to go get another piece of wood from Home Depot so I can start mounting the panels to the back of the arm section. I will start the deployment system tonight maybe. We will see.

How I'm routing the pieces:
IMG_0736.jpg

Getting proper distance for each handgun:
IMG_0739.jpg

2.5" Spacing seems to work:
IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

Very nice project, great progress so far, and I hope that you can finish it. If it helps any, I joined specifically for this project.

I would really like to do this as well and have a few ideas of my own, but I'm not one that can explain my ideas very well. So if you'd like, I can make some 3d drawings later on to post. In particular, I'm trying to come up with some ideas for locking mechanisms.

I agree with you that mechanical is the way to go for something this simple and I like the basic cable system that you have drawn out. Though I would like to do aluminum for the case and main activation mechanism, but the internals can be any number of things depending on weight.

If there's a part that you'd like help coming up with, I'd love to help and in return, I may have to buy a few pieces from you depending on quality.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back