Blade Runner - Leon's COP Pistol

Re: Blade Runner - Leon's COP Pistol

My apologies for resurrecting this thread from the dead, however is anyone interested in making a mold off a REAL COP .357? Yes, a real gun. I have one.

I know there are firearms legality issues involved so it would have to be someone in MA, NH, ME, VT (I'm in MA) where could be there for the process. I hold licenses in many states but it'd be tough to travel far for just a mold. I'm in MA.

Just throwing that out there.

Kicking the thread back....What's the latest consensus on the color? Has this been determined yet?
The actual COP offered then was only silver, yet the screen caps most of us have seen it really looks overall black and
possibly the firearm was painted, though the trigger guard appears silver but could just have been reflecting light.

The best shot I have ever seen which annoyingly I don't have access too anymore, was an article discussing where to get things from BR, tracking down props etc and as far as I remember it is a silver trigger guard and brown grips. also fun sidenote, a silver marushin COP is the thing Rversong uses to burn the message into the block of stone message to the doctor in the library.

They ONLY produced that gun in stainless steel finish at the time of the movie!?! Pretty much end of discussion?!... they may have modified it by painting it black but since most of the prop guns at the time were usually rented by sets not purchased...I doubt highly that they would have painted the top black and left the rest silver?? It looks black because the surface area is catching the reflection of the environment around it...ie a dark and colony room produces a dark finish on the gun...you see the sliver on the trigger guard because the lights from the barrel blast are reflecting on it...it is stainless steel...even though I have a black COP I got years ago thinking Leon's was black then.. I have since changed my thoughts on it...my 2¢………cheersz

From the mobile office of Wolf Navarro

Also, Sundowner...they are available on their site I thought!?!... cheers!
Or follow the link on the Prop Summit thread...

I have a black one myself simply because I always thought it was black!?! The prop summit forum is awesome and the discussion has finally changed my mind back now to black...its been a very interesting discussion for sure. Alas, always trust your first instincts....cheers!

Also...might snag another at that price and mod it to the Syd Mead drawings!?! That would be fun!???

Sorry ...not Syd.. Danes drawings of the altered prop...oops!?!

I never trust my first instincts anymore actually. But I do listen to them. I see things as a range of probability and over time with more info the picture gets clearer and we can finally start to really have an idea. Even still just the process of making movies leaves tons of inconsistencies that can trick us into seeing things we really don't. That is part of the illusion to begin with :D

Andy

I get a silver airsoft on Monday, flat black spraypaint is the plan but my decision now is does the trigger guard area stay silver?
Is it just light reflected? Having a hard time with that because the muzzle area is clearly flat black even when reflecting some light.
Behind his finger also looks silver so the trigger at least stayed silver. You wouldnt want to gum that up with paint.
Maybe that is why that area was left silver? to prevent any potential firing problems.

I am going to try a few basic lighting experiments while it is silver though and see if there is any way possible to make it appear black or at least dark looking. A digital camera is no way going to behave like film back then.
Anyone have suggestions on settings on the camera to try to get closer to what film was capable of back then?

I get a silver airsoft on Monday, flat black spraypaint is the plan but my decision now is does the trigger guard area stay silver?
Is it just light reflected? Having a hard time with that because the muzzle area is clearly flat black even when reflecting some light.
Behind his finger also looks silver so the trigger at least stayed silver. You wouldnt want to gum that up with paint.
Maybe that is why that area was left silver? to prevent any potential firing problems.

Could it be as simple as the barrel assembly comes off the frame and it got painted black and the rest didn't? (But then, it does look black behind the trigger as well.)

Just a very quick dirty lighting attempt to make it appear black.

lighttestcop.jpg

Sorry for the refresh, but what happened to propsummit? If you click the link above it takes you
to a "this domain was just registered" parking location!

The site's been having technical issues off and on for over a year that they're working on getting sorted out.

A note about it was posted over there, but I forgot the specifics. I could try and post a link to the thread, but.... :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back